Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    I'm confused. Who's causing the issue? The issue is the lack of tanks and healers, which is caused by the dps, not the tanks or healers.
    Those inflating the requirements.
    It is purely about gaining the best results for the least amount of effort, yet us on the receiving end are constantly accused of being the ones demanding "instant gratification", when item level requirements are being used to achieve much the same.

If I demand higher requirements than content actually needs, then it is not the fault of anybody but myself.
    Nobody else makes that decision, but the player actually doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Here, let me explain it (because you clearly have massive autism).

Things friend like to do:
    Stuff together
    Stuff they enjoy (together)

Things talking to people and being nice and social gives you:
    Friends

Things that you can do together
    Play football
    Play videogames>Play wow>Do mythic+ dungeons

Hence, with these simple facts we can prove that friends have a relation to the amount of mythic+ you can do as DPS (IE undesirable role).

TL;DR: Get friends you autists and play mythic+ with them while talking OR play a desirable role such as tank or healer.
    Why do you have to mention Autism.
    What has that got to do with it ?
    Other than demonstrating your ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    This is why I demand healer or tank roles for pure DPS classes for ages. We already have one class with 4 specs, we can easily add one utility spec to Rogues, Hunters, Mages and Warlocks. I surely would have a tank spec on my Rogue and a healing spec on my Mage if we would get some.

I play classes because I like their "class fantasy", if this is that important that even Blizzard goes overboard on emphasizing that. I have been playing Mage as my main character since I started playing WoW in the end of 2005.

If anything, Blizzard should reconsider their stance on Artifacts. This is the main reason why my healer and tank alts are mostly not played at the moment. This expansion is very alt-unfriendly, and this also shows in the availability of healers and tanks. If you could gear up your heal and tank alts more easily, there would be less shortage.
    But you can level their artifact and gear them quite easily. World boss. Do heroics, buy some crafted gear for pieces that don't drop. Do normal mythic. Get into some mythic + groups. Repeat. The amount of AP you get , especially with AK being at the level it is now will be enough to get you half way to your second gold trait most likely which is definitely enough to tank or heal mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Nah dude, it's blizz's fault. When you make a group it should force you to invite people in the order they apply so that it's fair. Then i can finally do mythic 6 2 chests on my 850 balance druid. EZ Fix, EZ LIEF /s
    And the forums be full of people raging about depleted keystones. That would literally be the worst thing ever. Only upside to this is that it woudl prolly force people to join a decent guild.

Nah dude, it's blizz's fault. When you make a group it should force you to invite people in the order they apply so that it's fair. Then i can finally do mythic 6 2 chests on my 850 balance druid. EZ Fix, EZ LIEF /s
    I know this is sarcasm but let me demonstrate something.
    The most efficient group is a 2/4/9 group. For every 1 tank we need 4.5 dps. For every 4 healers we need 2.25 dps. How is this not met? How can we not get more than 2 tanks for 9 dps or 4 healers for 9 dps? I mean honestly, what do you want them to do? Reduce it so you only need 1 healer? Reduce it so there is no such thing as a tank? What is the solution to the issue? The only one I can think of is making solo content easier as a healer, and they have with dual spec, so what in gods name is the grand solution here?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is purely about gaining the best results for the least amount of effort, yet us on the receiving end are constantly accused of being the ones demanding "instant gratification", when item level requirements are being used to achieve much the same.

If I demand higher requirements than content actually needs, then it is not the fault of anybody but myself.

If I run a company, should I hire someone who goes beyond what I want, or someone who just barely meets my standards? If you were hiring someone and wanted the greatest chance at success, what would you do? If you bring me nothing extra to the table, either via keystone or something, why should I bring you over someone better than you?

Deleted

Why do you have to mention Autism.
    What has that got to do with it ?
    Other than demonstrating your ignorance.
    As far as requirements go for Mythic+ it makes a lot of sense to get people as geared as possible. The better geared people are the better the chances of getting 2+ chests. If i were to make a +2 group i'd get 855 people in, just so that it's more or less a guaranteed 3 chest run. I wouldn't get people at 840 and then hope we maybe get to chests, that would be silly.

10+ Year Old Account

Why should a group leader take anything other than the best available?

Link your aotc to them

As far as requirements go for Mythic+ it makes a lot of sense to get people as geared as possible. The better geared people are the better the chances of getting 2+ chests. If i were to make a +2 group i'd get 855 people in, just so that it's more or less a guaranteed 3 chest run. I wouldn't get people at 840 and then hope we maybe get to chests, that would be silly.
    This was about mythic, not mythic plus.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    Are you even inflating the requirements when you have clearly overqualified people applying?
    Requirements mean the necessary point for entry.
    So yes, those are being inflated.

This isn't just an issue at level cap either, but this rush mentality exists through all the levelling process too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Why should a group leader take anything other than the best available?
    Why do we keep getting blamed and told to change it.
    We can't change it with a mentality like that.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This was about mythic, not mythic plus.

Requirements mean the necessary point for entry.
    So yes, those are being inflated.

This isn't just an issue at level cap either, but this rush mentality exists through all the levelling process too.

Why do we keep getting blamed and told to change it.
    We can't change it with a mentality like that.
    Why should I bring you over someone better than you? When I did my EN tonight with my guild, we brought in 5 dps and guess what, we took people better geared because we wanted to succeed. Why would I bring someone with a lower Ilvl, what would be my motivation? When I get 10 people applying for 5 slots, why?

A lot of ppl just invite the first people that queue and dont think about fotm/whats a better setup/utility/etc.
    If you apply for a last DPS spot in a group, most likely will lose as 850 is low already even for regular mythics.
    If you are applying for almost full groups at prime time, once again 850 is low as the chances are there is a better dps.

I started this expansion in a mediocre mythic guild without knowing a SINGLE person and my friends list completely EMPTY. I ran mythics, I am already 860+ and I play FOTM class. I add every tank, healer or DPS that impresses me(as a former top raider I have a good judgement) and now i am looking at 30-40 people on my real ID and easily to form a group. No need to pug, no headaches, everyone has pots and flasks, ez ilevels and ez life. And I barely play 3 hours a day most of which goes to WQs, but as people have such a hard-on for mythics/m+ everyone is active.
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2016-10-07 at 08:37 AM.

Join a guild. Make friends. Create your group. Don't complain that the world does not revolve around your person.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Here, let me explain it (because you clearly have massive autism).

Things friend like to do:
    Stuff together
    Stuff they enjoy (together)

Things talking to people and being nice and social gives you:
    Friends

Things that you can do together
    Play football
    Play videogames>Play wow>Do mythic+ dungeons

Hence, with these simple facts we can prove that friends have a relation to the amount of mythic+ you can do as DPS (IE undesirable role).

TL;DR: Get friends you autists and play mythic+ with them while talking OR play a desirable role such as tank or healer.
    Well yes I do have Aspergers.

That's beside the point.

The point being you have no clue what you're talking about Like everyone else who parrots this nonsense

If you're using the LFG Tool you are looking for random players. If you're looking for random players, you likely have no rapport for your Jolly Co-operation to start with.

Doing dungeons with Friends is a social experience. Doing Dungeons with Strangers isn't-or at least not likely to be.

And honestly who makes friends with people through a matchmaker when you're there to clear a dungeon? You don't pug people for their sparkling personalities, you Pug them to get work done. You don't need to be sociable to do that. None of the Mythic Pugs I've done have had any social elements involved other than jsut getting the group together, and that's hardly qualifiying as being "social"

But please go on about how Being a Ray of Sunshine is the key to everything in this game of group making when no one gives a shit about tea and crumpets.

Deleted
    I know this is sarcasm but let me demonstrate something.
    The most efficient group is a 2/4/9 group. For every 1 tank we need 4.5 dps. For every 4 healers we need 2.25 dps. How is this not met? How can we not get more than 2 tanks for 9 dps or 4 healers for 9 dps? I mean honestly, what do you want them to do? Reduce it so you only need 1 healer? Reduce it so there is no such thing as a tank? What is the solution to the issue? The only one I can think of is making solo content easier as a healer, and they have with dual spec, so what in gods name is the grand solution here?
    One solution would be going the challenge mode route and making ilvl scale to the dungeon difficulty. That would fix the issue where people with higher ILVL are naturally prefered. What it would then do is cause a huge shitstorm about how there's no way to progress in mythic+, how gearing up is no longer rewarding, and it would naturally make mythic+ capped at a certain difficulty based on player skill.

Why should I bring you over someone better than you? When I did my EN tonight with my guild, we brought in 5 dps and guess what, we took people better geared because we wanted to succeed. Why would I bring someone with a lower Ilvl, what would be my motivation? When I get 10 people applying for 5 slots, why?
    What I said is that we should not be blamed.
    Ignoring what I actually said.
    Why are those on the receiving end always the ones blamed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Well yes I do have Aspergers.

That's beside the point.

The point being you have no clue what you're talking about Like everyone else who parrots this nonsense

If you're using the LFG Tool you are looking for random players. If you're looking for random players, you likely have no rapport for your Jolly Co-operation to start with.

Doing dungeons with Friends is a social experience. Doing Dungeons with Strangers isn't-or at least not likely to be.

And honestly who makes friends with people through a matchmaker when you're there to clear a dungeon? You don't pug people for their sparkling personalities, you Pug them to get work done. You don't need to be sociable to do that. None of the Mythic Pugs I've done have had any social elements involved other than jsut getting the group together, and that's hardly qualifiying as being "social"

But please go on about how Being a Ray of Sunshine is the key to everything in this game of group making when no one gives a shit about tea and crumpets.
    How do you think people make friends in WoW in this day and age? I'll give you a hint, it's by actually chatting to one another, like, y'know, real life? Shocker, I know.

The problem that people keep overlooking when they offer solutions like "look for a guild" etc, is that no matter the pool of people looking for mythics (everyone, everyone on your server, everyone in your guild,everyone you know) there is ONE common statistic.

That is - that raiding demands around 10% tanks, 10% healers and 80% dps, whilst dungeons require 20% tanks, 20% tanks, 60% dps.

SO - the maths is simple, a large chunk of dps will have a lot of issues getting mythic runs.

Now the LFR/LFD tool gets around this just by making dps wait 4 or 5 times longer, but still get in.

Manual systems don't work that way, they end up as cliques, or favoured classes etc.

As a DPS I've accepted this - and now just relish the rare mythic I do get into, accept I won't be doing Mythic+ and am thankful I can gear up for raiding (and have done) with little dungeoning.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Its sadly the life of dps, specially when you "fall behind". Theres no reason to take a 850~ when there is tons and tons of 860+ dps people instant queueing for your mythic/mythic+ run nowdays.

7+ Year Old Account
    quite rude, just simply asking if its the norm

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people tend to forget that "Decline" doesn't necessarily mean someone checked out your character and ilvl, evaluated you, and decided you're not worth their time.

If the group is filled up without you, you will get a "Decline" fed back to you. It doesn't mean you're not good enough, it just means the demand is pretty high. When I host a group, I might create a group with a min ilvl of 830 or something, but within 5 minutes I might get like 8 or 9 sign ups. If one of them is 857 and one of them is 831 I mean I'll just click accept on the 857 and go. I'm sure the 831 guy would have been fine, but I'm just wanting to form my group and move, I'll just click the highest ilvls off the list and start.

There are a LOT of hungry DPS looking for groups, and not enough tanks and healers to go around. It's not that your ilvl is too low and you're considered incapable, most of the time, it's probably just that there's lots of higher ilvl people also queuing up for all this content. Group leaders are just gonna grab the first few people with the highest ilvl that pop up.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!