Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    How do you divine peoples operating reasoning? How do you discern these traits in people? I am curious how you can actually have such an ability to tell?

- - - Updated - - -

Generally yes he did.

Though I am not immediately recalling if Anti-Obama people became as violent as Anti-Trump people are becoming.
    Yes I've seen some of the violent demonstrations in the news by the anti- Trump supporters during the election campaign, it's very concerning. It's hard to see it not getting worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Oh no, of course not. Ted Nugent only told Obama to suck on the end of his assault rifle and vaguely alluded to the idea of killing Obama on multiple other occasions. But other than that and, well, all the other people who said similar things, oh and the secret Kenyan mooslim thing... But aside from all that stuff, trivial stuff really, nobody ever did anything as despicable and deplorable as make a flippant remark about the president dying. That's just a new low, oh so low, low, low. Inconceivable, really.
    I'm sensing a hint of sarcasm here.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    In the US every black person has to be called African American, yet that assumes all black people in America are Americans.

We can't use he and she to describe people.

I could go on.
    Who's got a gun against your head saying you can't? I call black people black and I assume everyone is a he or she until told otherwise. I'm still here and nobody is screaming at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    I am unsure how this person managed to win an election, but what worries me most is every opportunity he has had, he says he is staying as president for 8 years, as if it is guaranteed he will win the second term's elections.

Here is an example of what a transcript of one of his discussions with the press sounds like. Most of it makes no sense. Most of it is gloating. I'd love to see a news network do an interview to several psychiatrists to analyze transcripts of his press conferences and press interviews.

This is what Vox says: "His simple message — "the Iran deal is bad for the United States" — was interrupted by musings on his uncle’s education, his own education, the power of nuclear energy, prisoners, the intelligence of women, and the negotiating prowess of Iranians. Slate even called on the public to help diagram it."

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ain?yptr=yahoo

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_v..._carolina.html
    how do we know its not a fake news story ? america is floaded with them at the moment

I am unsure how this person managed to win an election, but what worries me most is every opportunity he has had, he says he is staying as president for 8 years, as if it is guaranteed he will win the second term's elections.

Here is an example of what a transcript of one of his discussions with the press sounds like. Most of it makes no sense. Most of it is gloating. I'd love to see a news network do an interview to several psychiatrists to analyze transcripts of his press conferences and press interviews.

This is what Vox says: "His simple message — "the Iran deal is bad for the United States" — was interrupted by musings on his uncle’s education, his own education, the power of nuclear energy, prisoners, the intelligence of women, and the negotiating prowess of Iranians. Slate even called on the public to help diagram it."

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ain?yptr=yahoo

So he's braindead yet someone like these girls are strong and admirable....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmO-ziHU_D8

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you divine peoples operating reasoning? How do you discern these traits in people? I am curious how you can actually have such an ability to tell?

- - - Updated - - -

Generally yes he did.

Though I am not immediately recalling if Anti-Obama people became as violent as Anti-Trump people are becoming.
    We're all human and capable of snap judgements. For example I'm a very small-l liberal person, but I'm also an arsehole. If I hear "blah blah blah God" or "blah blah blah {flimsy justification for propping up the rich at the expense of the less well-ff}" I'm primed to write someone off.

I don't care what someone's reason for opposing gay marriage is. I'm a straight white male and gay marriage doesn't effect me in any way shape or context. But granting it will make some people happy in a way that won't materially hurt anybody. I'm OK with that.

I don't care what someone's reasons are for opposing abortion. I don't care if the trigger was a broken condom, a snap decision, a desire for a career or a rape. A cluster of cells isn't a person yet. The mother shouldn't be force to throw her whole life away, if that's how she sees it, for something she doesn't want. It's also not doing any favor to that potential child to bring them into a world where they'll potentially grow up poor, abandoned or unwanted. Who wins in that scenario?

I'm OK with someone smoking marajuana. Providing they're not behind a steering wheel they're hurting no one. I'm not OK with someone taking meth. Meth fucks with the brain, kills a person's soul and slowly erodes human beings from the core and turns them into desperate, violent, paranoid dangerous menaces to the world. There is a measurable impact on other people from taking meth.

I'm OK with religion. I'm not OK with religion being used to trap vulnerable young people in bad situations and steal their futures. I'm not OK with religion dictating public policy in a multicultural society.

I'm OK with capitalism. REGULATED capitalism. Regulation is what keeps the sewerage out of your drinking water and the melamine out of your baby formula. It's what keeps a small group of rich elite from destroying a whole economy and putting millions people's lives on the line for personal profit-- Oh. Wait. Yeah. There's no regulation there.

Basically that's where I come from when I judge someone. I've heard all the bog-standard conservative arguments before. I know when someone's parroting something they don't really understand because it's a standard party line. They're either ignorant about the knock-on consequences of conservative policies or they just don't care. Either way those people will never change and can't be reasoned with. All you can do is deny them a voice and work around them so they can't hurt anyone. Yes, even themselves.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    It's simple.

Do you incorporate a sense of non-sensical Faith in a non-existant and non-proven thing, to the degree of using it as an excuse to fuel your money schemes (Fossil Fuel industry, Anti-Vaccine crowd, Anti-healthcare, Churches overall, Religious institutes etc.) - To sell out your common man..

Or do you actually support science and reasoning? Do you actually follow where the logic leads, do you look to what is proven and can be proven? Are you critical of what is thrown at you ; Do you think before you knee-jerk with an emotional reaction, assuming that everything told to you, is the truth?

The difference is very clear.

A simple example would be MMO-C. If some posters were to be assumed to be honest in their posts and views, then they do not fall under the category of critically thinking, abiding to logical fallacies, abiding to emotional appeal, abiding to authority ; abiding to their own zeal of belief, with no trace of logic to back it up.

Have you ever seen a critical thinking individual, talk to a emotional driven one? Emotional driven people, can get very triggered about that. They can't explain why. But it's something that deeply preturbes them. That angers them. That triggers them ; Because they are what an infant is to a giant. They cannot formulate what they think, instead they use approximations of poetic expression of approximate synonyms - Spiritualism and imagined "Self-Reflective Ideas" (read: bullshit). Did you ever wonder why People get so triggered by Endus, when he stands to be one of the few who fleshes out his reasonings to the full extent of which is required?

Again, the difference is clear. Do you abide logic, or do you abide emotional primitive nature, in it's rawest format?
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2017-01-13 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

These girls are soon to be Presidents of the US? Get real lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump: What's ACTUALLY going on.
    News: What would give us the most viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    These girls are soon to be Presidents of the US? Get real lol
    They're being lauded as great orators etc and have worse speaking/debate skills than Trump did....

10+ Year Old Account
    They're being lauded as great orators etc and have worse speaking/debate skills than Trump did....
    By who??? This is the first time I'm hearing of this and this looks like a local fox news channel.

And either way... these girls are not the leader of the free world. For fucks sake. Yes please compare some 20 something social science college kids to a 70 year old president elect.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    how do we know its not a fake news story ? america is floaded with them at the moment
    Easy. You didn't click the link provided in my first post. They provide a video where you can watch/listen Trump say the quoted text. =)

If you can't see the video in Firefox, open it in Chrome.

I can barely understand what the ladies are saying in that video, but these are young people performing a fast-talking debate championship -- whereas we are talking about the president -- someone who goes emo/volatile for simple things, bullies, insults anyone who he dislikes or that makes an opinion about him. Someone who will take decisions that will affect the lives of US citizens, and other nations. No comparison at all in terms of critical importance.
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2017-01-13 at 04:38 AM.

Wow so a female debate team beat a male debate team and end up in a fluff piece so that means that they somehow have any parity with Donald Trump, the next PotUS who can't speak in a concise fashion. No one knows who those girls are, not even the reporter that did the fluff piece, Donald Trump however is now globally recognised. I sincerely hope you can see the difference between the two but you do you.

Deleted
    Easy. You didn't click the link provided in my first post. They provide a video where you can watch/listen Trump say the quoted text. =)

If you can't see the video in Firefox, open it in Chrome.

Trump is not a reliable source. He got elected by virtue of being lies incarnated. Why'd you trust his quotes now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Trump: What's ACTUALLY going on.
    News: What would give us the most viewers.
    Trump has been caught in numerous lies so this is laughably inaccurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Wow so a female debate team beat a male debate team and end up in a fluff piece so that means that they somehow have any parity with Donald Trump, the next PotUS who can't speak in a concise fashion. No one knows who those girls are, not even the reporter that did the fluff piece, Donald Trump however is now globally recognised. I sincerely hope you can see the difference between the two but you do you.
    He doesn't need to speak in a consise matter, clearly - A lot of people support him anyway...

In politics coherence is not nearly as important as the ability to hit all the right buttons in the shortest amount of time possible.

This is why I feel kind of awkward for anyone who is emotionally invested in their candidate. Manipulation is a science that was all figured out a long ass time ago.

Reading a trump transcript is like reading the ramblings of a 6th grader.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

His speech can't keep up with his IQ. That's why. Too much stuff trying to come out at the same time. I mean the man is trying to speak 6 things at the same time. Too much mind power, not enough resource for laying it out...

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Trump is not a reliable source. He got elected by virtue of being lies incarnated. Why'd you trust his quotes now?
    I don't trust nor believe his quotes. He is lie and contradiction personified. One day he says he didn't say or did something, next day you see a press network pulling videos of past interviews/conferences confirming he did say/did what he denied.

Some fact-checking:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ence.html?_r=0
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c87b2fd9e902

I'm just quoting what he said, and (overstatament here) the fact that he has an inability to express himself coherently.
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2017-01-13 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    He doesn't need to speak in a consise matter, clearly - A lot of people support him anyway...
    You're entirely right of course, the man is an enigma, quite possibly even an abomination unto rationality. It does not seem to matter what he says, he needs only to defend himself verbally as a 10 year old might with "No I didn't" or a lie...which is usually "No I didn't", but even when you can prove that indeed he did then no one seems to be able to hold him to account. It's truly fascinating.

The only thing I find interesting in his public speaking is his penchant for narcissism and self-aggrandizement whilst waffling on. Like he gets abit lost as to what he should be talking about and his default is "Shit! Best talk about how awesome I am until I can remember what the fuck I was meant to be doing!". Personally I find it hard to believe that he's not seriously mentally ill but that's just me, enough of the right people seem to think he should be The Leader of the Free World so that's that. As a member of the rest of the Free World I think we may need to find a new label to stick onto ourselves....like The Other Free World so people are clear that he does not represent us.