Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    No, prison is about punishment and keeping dangerous / destructive people away from society.
    Well, that is factually wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Black people deserve to be lynched? WTF is wrong with you?
    Can someone explain to me why this person hasn't been banned or infracted? He consistently accuses people of things they never even said or implied they did.

I can't tell if this poster is a troll or if they're actually living in this alternate reality.

Deleted
    Well, that is factually wrong.
    Not at all. It's factually correct.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Justice at last. Man I love this Trump era. No mercy for these snowflakes.

I asked a question. That question was answer with a yes. So I took the person by his word.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all. It's factually correct.
    Wrong. The stated goal of the justice system in civilized countries is rehabilitation.

Being locked up is the punishment. And prison is about rehabilitation. Releasing people with nothing will set them up to fail and go straight back.
    What you are thinking of is Prisoner reintegration initiatives. Many such programs provide free housing to those in need, work training, social work programs, and job assistance to get people on their feet. While underfunded, it's those types of programs that get people into a situation where they can make money and sustain themselves rather than allowing people to amass wealth while in prison (which is a weird way to incentivize going to prison and far outside the scope of the definition a living wage) and typically no skills to know how to invest or utilize that money or the ability to make more.

Regardless, this isn't a thread about prisons.

Deleted
    I asked a question. That question was answer with a yes. So I took the person by his word.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. The stated goal of the justice system in civilized countries is rehabilitation.
    The justice system isn't prison though. There are more branches than prison. Prisobs are specifically made for what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You decided that for me. I said it's okay to slander the entire group based on how the left campaigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    No. You decided that for me. I said it's okay to slander the entire group based on how the left campaigned.
    Well, then you should be more clear and answer all points of a comment separately.

And slandering an entire movement protesting against police brutality because you feel racists getting called out for their behavior is wrong is a false equivalency.

I don't get your stance on the situation. Should offenders not be incarcerated?.
    I'm just pointing out more of your hypocrisy.

On one hand your sensibilities are greatly offended by your perception of police brutality against citizens, yet on the flip side you want citizens who participate in non-violent victim-less "crimes" (aka drugs) to be locked up.

Not only locked up, but per your own words you think current sentencing for drug users is not harsh enough.

Then you go on to rail against the prison complex system, but at the end of the day you are pro-prison complex because you want those jails/prisons filled up with the above mentioned offenders.

All so Elba can rest easy Billy the pothead has had the book thrown at him.

Edit: lol @ rehabilitation when you want harsher sentencing for drug users. Apparently your idea of rehabilitation is keeping them locked up for longer.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-28 at 05:50 PM.

Well, then you should be more clear and answer all points of a comment separately.

And slandering an entire movement protesting against police brutality because you feel racists getting called out for their behavior is wrong is a false equivalency.
    It's not about police brutality. That's what people say to distract from the gas station being lit on fire.

Seeing as people like to use the words Nazi and Klan when talking about Republicans, the answer is yes.
    We JUST had someone advocate for fascism in third very thread. Are you REALLY going to claim we don't have a Nazi problem?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about police brutality. That's what people say to distract from the gas station being lit on fire.
    The fact you care more about a CVs than the police murdering your fellow citizens is exactly why property needs to be destroyed.

- - - Updated - - -

You complain about police brutality but they're just trying to make normal people go on with their lives. They should be even harsher on people who do this shit.
    The thing you're missing is the people you're complaining about ARE normal people who are angered and frightened at the prospect of an authoritarian police state. Like a normal person SHOULD be. If anything, the abnormality is people like you who prefer a police state.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no ethnic cleansing going on in usa though.
    We're already laying the groundwork for it.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    All else aside this is just conspiracy theory.

Every President has had this, Trump will be no different.

When Obama was in office it was about him giving power to Muslims, taking everyones guns, and let us no forget the great abolish term limit conspiracy.

At the end of the day the right and the left are all full fruit loops within their ranks.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-28 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but we're talking about the USA.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yes, but we're talking about the USA.
    Yet he also wants drug users punished more harshly. Rehabilitation in civilized nations indeed.

We JUST had someone advocate for fascism in third very thread. Are you REALLY going to claim we don't have a Nazi problem?

- - - Updated - - -

The fact you care more about a CVs than the police murdering your fellow citizens is exactly why property needs to be destroyed.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing you're missing is the people you're complaining about ARE normal people who are angered and frightened at the prospect of an authoritarian police state. Like a normal person SHOULD be. If anything, the abnormality is people like you who prefer a police state.

- - - Updated - - -

"Murder"

Hyperbole force out today.

This is most assuredly not the only philosophical and historical goal of a justice system. Retributive and restorative justice are perfectly valid forms of justice.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Normal people do not go out of their way to fuck with others. Then again, you support destruction of property so ofc you think you're the normal one and those who don't want assholes fucking with them are the bad ones.

No, there is no ethnic cleansing going on.
    Last edited by mmoc29c1f4b73a; 2017-01-28 at 07:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I just want to go home".

Pretty much sums it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, the people in here going on about "violence against protestors" are like the Florida men of hyperbole. "Peaceful protesting" does not just mean "non-violent". It also means adhering to the local laws and not participating in civil disobedience. Being arrested for blocking traffic is justified. Being tackled for resisting arrest (trying to flee) is justified. And while the first guy didn't have a chance to run, he was part of the group who did run. Also, being tackled to prevent escape =/= "violence".