Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Icecrown Gunship Battle shows up twice on the list on every difficulty of ICC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    They do not appear in the adventure guide, they can only be seen via an addon like AtlasLoot or on wowhead.
    Yeah, I've been using AtlasLoot for as long as I've played the game, I just don't have a reasonable way to harvest the data yet and I didn't want to try to do that without asking the author for permission first.

Quote Originally Posted by Narbootz View Post
    A minlist is almost a requirement. The ui is nice but I dont need it taking up 1/5 of the screen. You could try making the ui resizable maybe?

Not sure if its possible the way yours uses a predefined database but its kind of limited in just raids/dungeons and would be nice if it was expanded to encompass boes, quest items, pvp gear, etc.

Some items are showing up incorrectly. For example on my demon hunter its saying I need two pieces from sunwell still: Shawl of Wonderment cloth shoulders and Heroic Judicator's Chestguard a plate chest. Both items I cant use. As alliance ToC gear for horde shows up. When filtering by appearance ID some items still show up such as timewalking Bracers of the Divine Elemental and a few other timewalking pieces. I dont see Supreme Lord Kazzak under the draenor world boss section.

Otherwise the addon looks great youre doing the transmog god's work.
    MiniList is definitely slated for 1.0.1-release. Making the UI resizable should be possible, I just need to tweak some settings. I think I chose that width because PVP gear names were cutting into the scrollbar. (I think FontString has a "..." notation for a max width or something, just haven't used it yet.)

It's something that's slated, just haven't done it yet. I've got about 1.2 GB worth of raw data when building ItemDB and half of that is from world drops - I need to modify my ItemDB exporter to handle non-instance drop source types and it should work without modification to the display. Just a lot of work needs to go into that and I already work 40 hours a week and haven't had the time. It'll probably get done this weekend as I don't have a real life.

As for your Demon Hunter, it's probably because those items act as a "group" and the function that handles filters doesn't properly account for that. I had a problem involving tier sets earlier and I think my fix may have broken that. :/

Thank you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    Icecrown Gunship Battle shows up twice on the list on every difficulty of ICC
    Yeah, this is a side effect of harvesting data from the Adventure Guide. They're technically 2 completely different encounters (as indicated by their different IDs), but drop the exact same gear. The same happens for the "Champions of the Alliance"/"Champions of the Horde" encounter in ToC.
    Last edited by Crieve; 2017-06-01 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Added a response to Ardrial.

Fuck, this is me.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

This will please my OCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluimerstand View Post
    This will please my OCD.
    This is exactly why I chose to do it myself. xD

Also, probably going to give people Git access so they can add items to ItemDB directly if they so choose. By our OCDs combined, the perfect collections addon will be possible!

Hey, this seems awesome I've been using monar's since the wardrobe became a thing and went all OCD on raid drops. Your UI seems sleeker though. Can you tell me, in your perspective, how your addon is better than monar's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabberly View Post
    Hey, this seems awesome I've been using monar's since the wardrobe became a thing and went all OCD on raid drops. Your UI seems sleeker though. Can you tell me, in your perspective, how your addon is better than monar's?
    Performance-wise, I spent a LOT of time optimizing how quickly the data can be calculated. What used to take several seconds in m0nars should only take about a half a second. You'll notice slight stutter when the UI refreshes (switching zones or killing bosses), but I think this will be less of a problem once I get the MiniList functionality to work.

In addition, the addon only does automatic work while its frame is visible as I utilize coroutines that trigger on a dynamic OnUpdate event to prevent unnecessary CPU calculations from occurring. (So if you're killing bosses with your guild for progression, the action of killing the boss won't trigger an update on the UI until after you've looted the boss AND shown the frame.) In terms of what I put into the tracking mechanism, there isn't really a limit. I can track whatever I want - I just have to take the time to build it in the ItemDB. (or as I said earlier, other contributors can also assist in building it by uploading their data to the contrib folder on the public Git)

Tried this addon tonight and it... disabled my ability to type in guild chat/whispers/chat channels. Not sure if it's interacting oddly with another addon, but disabling it fixes my issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Tried this addon tonight and it... disabled my ability to type in guild chat/whispers/chat channels. Not sure if it's interacting oddly with another addon, but disabling it fixes my issue
    That's really strange - this addon doesn't have any text input forms that would cause this to happen. Do you have a limited amount of RAM?

EDIT: If you disable the other addons, does this still cause problems? It could be that a function or a variable I defined is accidentally set to global scope and another (improperly) configured addon my also be using that same global variable.
    Last edited by Crieve; 2017-06-01 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg View Post
    I can track whatever I want - I just have to take the time to build it in the ItemDB. (or as I said earlier, other contributors can also assist in building it by uploading their data to the contrib folder on the public Git)
    In other words, this may very well become the go to addon for mog collection, barring the (what I assume massive) work needed for item input.

Edit: If you have the time, please explain how users can contribute.

One thing that's kind of annoying about this addon is that it still shows battle pets on the lists, even if you have at least one copy of said pet.

Everything else seems nice, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabberly View Post
    In other words, this may very well become the go to addon for mog collection, barring the (what I assume massive) work needed for item input.

Edit: If you have the time, please explain how users can contribute.
    Sure thing, I'll need to move my full ItemDB data and parser to the Git first. (probably take out a lot of the basic information that was included by Blizzard's API first, I don't think Git would appreciate 1.2 GB of raw text data!) I would love for that to become the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    One thing that's kind of annoying about this addon is that it still shows battle pets on the lists, even if you have at least one copy of said pet.

Everything else seems nice, though.
    Yeah, I'm missing Species ID values for all of the combat pets. If I could get that, I would associate the items with the Species ID and then add a filter for "X/3" where X would be configurable. It's on my to-do list, but at this time, is not a top priority.

PROGRESS REPORT: I've got a resizable primary frame and I'm working on a really sweet MiniList feature that I think everyone is going to absolutely love. New build probably won't be until Saturday as there's a lot that I want to package into this new feature to make it as robust and reusable as possible.
    Last edited by Crieve; 2017-06-01 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Added a progress report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Good stuff OP, keep it up. Perfect replacement for mOars.

Edit1: I get the same error as Ampere thus not allowing me to type in /g /s etc (well, it still allows according to guild mates, but I dont see it).

It seems like it tries to filter something. This is the error: https://pastebin.com/Xwbf8UBJ

I do have 32GB of RAM and with only ATT active I use 60-80mb. When I do auctionhouse stuff, I use sometimes up to 400 mb (tsm, weakaura, tuj etc), so RAM cap cant be the problem.

Edit2: With only Advanced Interface Options and ATT active I dont get the error. I'll try to narrow down the issue.

Edit3: Its https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/255171-itemlinklevel If you disable that addon, you can again type and stuff in /s /g etc
    Thanks for looking into this. After I get off work, I'll see if I can hotfix a change to make it compatible. (1.0.0b-release)

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Edit3: Its https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/255171-itemlinklevel If you disable that addon, you can again type and stuff in /s /g etc
    I also use ItemLinkLevel so that is likely the issue for me too.

Nice addon man, glad to see I'm doing pretty good.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I also use ItemLinkLevel so that is likely the issue for me too.
    Okay, I found the issue.

At line 623 in AllTheThings.lua, I'm accidentally using a global variable called "filter". It would seem that ItemLinkLevel doesn't declare the variable locally either. I'll reach out to the author and tell him to change line 8 to use "local function filter" as well just to prevent collisions of this nature from occurring again. Thank you guys for catching this.

EDIT: A hotfix (1.0.0b-release) has been pushed to Curse. If you download it again, this issue should be solved. Mind you, if you download another addon that uses a global "filter" variable, users of ItemLinkLevel will encounter a similar issue until the author also fixes his global variable.
    Last edited by Crieve; 2017-06-02 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Added the hotfix.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who's been using mOnArs WardrobeHelper since it was released, I'll give yours a good try. It'll be a win-win for me, either i've found a better addon to manage one of my WoW's OCDs or I simply add to the amount of people who downloaded yours so there's motivation to keep improving addons for this aspect of the game.

Nice job on the addon.

I had mOnArs WardrobeHelper installed from a pack I used, but I rarely used it. So I downloaded yours tonight and figured I'd do a test run on it and so far like it. Just saw that all my percentages for each expansion is <20% though minus Legion's 26%. I thought I had way more than I did ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Nice job on the addon.

I had mOnArs WardrobeHelper installed from a pack I used, but I rarely used it. So I downloaded yours tonight and figured I'd do a test run on it and so far like it. Just saw that all my percentages for each expansion is <20% though minus Legion's 26%. I thought I had way more than I did ><
    If you turn on "Filter by Appearance ID rather than by Source ID", your numbers should significantly increase. As this addon was built for myself, being an OCD-insane level completionist, the default behaviour is that it treats all uncollected sources as missing rather than just uncollected appearances. Meaning, if an item shows any text regarding "You haven't collected..." or "You've collected this appearance, but not from this item", ALL THE THINGS will count that against your overall score.
    Last edited by Crieve; 2017-06-02 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Added additional language to help people not familiar with how appearances are tracked internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg View Post
    If you turn on "Filter by Appearance ID rather than by Source ID", your numbers should significantly increase. As this addon was built for myself, being an OCD-insane level completionist, the default behaviour is that it treats all uncollected sources as missing rather than uncollected appearances.
    Yeah just went into MC because why not and was seeing if there was a smaller version (saw talks here, but couldn't remember if it was in yet) and saw the by Source ID so now they are in the 40-42 range, with some outliers. At least I don't feel so far behind now.

I did notice that when I look at each individual boss it's showing the pet for them as not obtained, but when I hover over them they said 1/3. I saw something mentioned about it and tried to read the tool tip, but my brain isn't computing anything at the moment so not sure if it's normal. Even after I got two of them it still showed 0 in the guide.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-06-02 at 02:33 AM.