10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    As far as I can tell. It took me by surprise on patch day to the extent where I thought it was a bug.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...tfixes-June-13
    It was part of the hotfixes. That's probably why nobody saw it in the patch notes.
    I was really happy that I didn't throw away my old crafted items since some of them were an good upgrade in the slots I had been extremely unlucky with the drops.

I've been distracted by my other tanks last few days; can someone catch me up? What's the verdict so far on 7.2.5 for prot warriors? How much did it help, and what might change when Blizz does the final tuning pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I've been distracted by my other tanks last few days; can someone catch me up? What's the verdict so far on 7.2.5 for prot warriors? How much did it help, and what might change when Blizz does the final tuning pass?
    Same old same old, nothing really changed, and they won't change anything.

Same old same old, nothing really changed, and they won't change anything.
    Well we could be on the Bear/VDH roller coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Well we could be on the Bear/VDH roller coaster.
    Wouldn't mind either. VDH at least gets a brief glimmer of being broken, and Bears are still top tier.

Deleted
    Wouldn't mind either. VDH at least gets a brief glimmer of being broken, and Bears are still top tier.
    we got our 15 minutes of fame in EN. 2 prot wars on xavius if memory serves.

15+ Year Old Account
    How good is the 2% dmg blocked relic? Icy Veins only has 2% armor > 2% IP relic as their top choices, no mention of anything else.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    How good is the 2% dmg blocked relic? Icy Veins only has 2% armor > 2% IP relic as their top choices, no mention of anything else.
    Best defensive relic by a pretty good lead.

Deleted
    I like the comment on neltharions fury in the AMA. between standing your ground with your shield and the relation to neltharion parts, i can now only conclude that neltharion himself could be knocked back or stunned by any random gnoll or murlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I like the comment on neltharions fury in the AMA. between standing your ground with your shield and the relation to neltharion parts, i can now only conclude that neltharion himself could be knocked back or stunned by any random gnoll or murlock.
    Yeah, if standing their ground was what they were after, it should be like Orisa's ability in Overwatch and make you immune to at least knockbacks.

The ability that's almost never used because its a survivability loss in most scenarios and is easily cancelled is a "powerful tanking tool." K blizzard.

So guys n gals, how are we finding Kil'jaeden heroic? Did it on my Druid tonight & didn't find it too troublesome, but I know it's going to be a tad tougher on the real tank.

So guys n gals, how are we finding Kil'jaeden heroic? Did it on my Druid tonight & didn't find it too troublesome, but I know it's going to be a tad tougher on the real tank.
    ezpz Nelth's Fury is super good for Felclaws 4 and 5.

Tanked Kil'Jaeden N now on 916 prot pally, 915 VDH, and 908 warrior.
    Warrior was easiest by far. Never really needed more than Shield Block + Ignore Pain, yet had all our other CDs in reserve.
    Our artifact trait is actually useful for this fight!
    Yeah, I know, many of you are already tackling H, and I look forward to doing the same soon.
    Meanwhile just excited that Prot Warriors are back as a highly effective raid tank.

Deleted
    I usually take half of the felclaw damage as our bear

Here is full felclaw damage on heroic (25man) with only demo shout, shield block and IP:

Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    ezpz Nelth's Fury is super good for Felclaws 4 and 5.
    Aye after seeing it was all blockable damage on normal, I kinda got a lil bit excited Damn that big meteor, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I usually take half of the felclaw damage as our bear

Here is full felclaw damage on heroic (25man) with only demo shout, shield block and IP:
    Druids are pretty OP for the fight as you can put Bristling Fur up for each Fel Claws & stack Ironfur beyond a reasonable point.

Deleted
    Druids are pretty OP for the fight as you can put Bristling Fur up for each Fel Claws & stack Ironfur beyond a reasonable point.
    I don't know... Every time I take less damage from felclaws than druid and I have to taunt asap after 5th felclaw or the bear gets smacked by melee attack really hard while I can still tank him even with 5 stacks.

It seems to me that for Kil'jaeden the tank ranking would be Monk > Warr > Druid/DK > Pala/DH while difference betweem 1-4 place would be minimal.

Mobility plays a good part too as monk/warr/DH can quickly find Illidan in 2nd intermission and you can pretty much stay at the same place as warrior with smart intercepting during the knockbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I don't know... Every time I take less damage from felclaws than druid and I have to taunt asap after 5th felclaw or the bear gets smacked by melee attack really hard while I can still tank him even with 5 stacks.

It seems to me that for Kil'jaeden the tank ranking would be Monk > Warr > Druid/DK > Pala/DH while difference betweem 1-4 place would be minimal.

Mobility plays a good part too as monk/warr/DH can quickly find Illidan in 2nd intermission and you can pretty much stay at the same place as warrior with smart intercepting during the knockbacks
    Was he playing Bristling Fur? Not saying that last melee hit doesn't hurt, but it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it would without BF giving you a full Ironfur every hit.

Don't think your tank ranking is too far off/wrong at all, but I've only seen two tanks do the fight so far, so I'll reserve full judgement until we've tanked it with all six... Which is unlikely, as neither of us are really playing Pally/DH for raids. Felclaws unsurprisingly hit my co-tank DK a lot harder than it did my Druid, but when you've VB up for all of them, I guess it doesn't really matter at all

Also, the mobility thing wasn't really much of an issue for us. Hunters can find & ping Illidan on the map, and as we're all stacked in the middle for the start, my roar gets everyone to Illidan ASAP.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2017-06-26 at 12:47 PM.

Is the big meteor blockable. I was looknig through dmg to see if i needed to Spell Reflect it and it was physical. But wasnt sure if i could block it.

Quote Originally Posted by McJiggles View Post
    Is the big meteor blockable. I was looknig through dmg to see if i needed to Spell Reflect it and it was physical. But wasnt sure if i could block it.
    I was kind of wondering the same thing. That was more of an issue for me than Felclaw was, as everyone has pointed out, Felclaw is blockable so go warrior for once.