Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

Anyone else got 7 days free game time?

So Blizzard just mailed me 7 days free game time to try out 7.2.5 for both my unsubbed accounts. It was personalised to my main class and everything. Anyone else get one? Or is it just people who aren't subbed?
    I've never really known Blizzard to give out anything for free unless it's promoting one of their other games, hoping it isn't a scam.

They do these type of things for unsubbed accounts every so often when new features roll out or large patches. Costs then nothing and baits the hook for return subs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    i got the same email but its a very obvious scam. if you arent sure if something is a scam, hover your mouse over the link (dont click it) and see what website it goes to. if it isn't battle.net than its a scam.

EDIT: i am subscribed already as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoray View Post
    i got the same email but its a very obvious scam. if you arent sure if something is a scam, hover your mouse over the link (dont click it) and see what website it goes to. if it isn't battle.net than its a scam.

Whereas most of these are usually a scam this one in particular the OP is referring to is not. I too have gotten free days on my unsubbed account to try out a new patch. Not unheard of for Blizzard to do

Either way, OP take the safe procautions and treat it as a scam until you know for certain it is not, but going off the main fact you're not subbed.. seems like it's legit

Yeah, me and my partner both got the same.

I assume it's a quick response to the current FFXIV expansion hype. Blizzard have done similar promotions or announced news around the release dates of other mmorpg's/expansions in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Whereas most of these are usually a scam this one in particular the OP is referring to is not. I too have gotten free days on my unsubbed account to try out a new patch. Not unheard of for Blizzard to do

Either way, OP take the safe procautions and treat it as a scam until you know for certain it is not, but going off the main fact you're not subbed.. seems like it's legit
    really? why did i get the same email but i am subscribed? also the link goes to click.em.blizzard.com lol.

really? why did i get the same email but i am subscribed? also the link goes to click.em.blizzard.com lol.
    Scammers might have jumped on the occasion to launch their own version concurrently.

I got the same email but a lot of the words in the title and body were spelled poorly with terrible grammar. No surprise blizzards staff is so inept they can't even send an email right. When I clicked on the link they immediately asked for my credit card as well. They have gotten so greedy it's unreal.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I got the same email but a lot of the words in the title and body were spelled poorly with terrible grammar. No surprise blizzards staff is so inept they can't even send an email right. When I clicked on the link they immediately asked for my credit card as well. They have gotten so greedy it's unreal.
    dont think thats from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

Went on my PC and hovered over it. Takes me to the legit site with the https and the green lock symbol in the URL. Last time I got free game time from them was back in cata or MoP iirc, so the email took me be surprise. Thanks.

Exactly what email are we talking about here? OP does not have a screen cap, or a name to said email. He is giving info on an email under circumstances (not being sub'd) where Blizzard has been known to hand out free time.

Obviously if you're subbed and getting emails like the one the OP is referring too then something is not right.

If the OP is not subbed and getting an email about free time, there is a good chance it is legit. I am not saying it is, but again, Blizzard has in the past given free time out when a New patch hits, or new Xpac about to hit (which usually is a new patch) when the player is not subbed.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoW does this on occasion if you've been unsubscribed. I get them all the time on my other accounts.

easy way to check. usually those offers are also on your bnet account, so rather then clicking any e-mail links - go directly into your account and see if there are any promo's sitting there (and yeah, I have gotten 7 free days before, its how I ended up buying pandaria. tried it over 7 free days and enjoying it enough to want to continue playing)

Got the same email today. Safe to use? I've checked my account and there is nothing there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Can't tell if troll or....
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So Blizzard just mailed me 7 days free game time to try out 7.2.5 for both my unsubbed accounts. It was personalised to my main class and everything. Anyone else get one? Or is it just people who aren't subbed?
    I've never really known Blizzard to give out anything for free unless it's promoting one of their other games, hoping it isn't a scam.
    yep they have done this for along time
    also with WoD launch they gave a free week to everyone, aswell as one time in MoP
    but yeah if you are unsubbed for awhile, when a big patch comes out they offer free time to alot of people, well some are scams just becareful, but when they personalize it to be your charecter/class that bassicly confirms it is real
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's not unusual, they do it from time to time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Got the same email today. Safe to use? I've checked my account and there is nothing there.
    yes it is, just check the email, and go to battlenet and check the account
    also if they say the charecter name/race/class that confirms it is blizz, the scammers cant tell account-email so they have no way of knowing what char/class/race belongs to that email
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes it is, just check the email, and go to battlenet and check the account
    also if they say the charecter name/race/class that confirms it is blizz, the scammers cant tell account-email so they have no way of knowing what char/class/race belongs to that email
    Thanks! It worked. Says i have 7 days now

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww...where is my 7 days? lol