... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Simply because of the pattern.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    id say
    vanilla ok
    bc good
    wotlk great
    cata good
    panda ok
    wod shit
    legion more shit

Wrath was great cause after 3-4 years of wow, content was accessible for everyone , pugs, epics etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Nope.

Next expac will be more grindfest than Legion. Deal with it.
    this could be an interessting point. normally blizzard swing the pendelum from one extreme to the other. since forums showed a lot of critics with the grindy nature of Legion, normally its a safe bet that the next xpac have nearly nothing of that stuff at all. on the other side it may have worked out in blizzards data and kept ppl longer playing, and this can be a reason to keep it or even improve it.

so its interessting to see how blizz interprets this part of game design for the next xpac.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're dreading for new game, because it may be bad? Do you also dread to go outside, because something bad can happen?

Some of you are really crazy. If next expansion will be like Warlords, I'll just unsub whenever I run out from stuff to do (or it will no longer be fun for me). Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    this could be an interessting point. normally blizzard swing the pendelum from one extreme to the other. since forums showed a lot of critics with the grindy nature of Legion, normally its a safe bet that the next xpac have nearly nothing of that stuff at all. on the other side it may have worked out in blizzards data and kept ppl longer playing, and this can be a reason to keep it or even improve it.

so its interessting to see how blizz interprets this part of game design for the next xpac.
    I think since Ion is in charge, they only change stuff that doesn't work out. For example, they left raiding structure untouched from WoD to Legion. I think we will have many tweaks to existing system, but no major overhauls, outside of legendary system (or maybe not, people whine about it, but it is incentive to play - Blizzard have all statistics, they may decide to just tweak legendary system a little).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-08-12 at 09:44 AM.

Maybe the next expac will break the pattern and turn out good too. Who knows huh?

I liked cata, dragon soul just dragged on way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You're dreading for new game, because it may be bad? Do you also dread to go outside, because something bad can happen?

Some of you are really crazy. If next expansion will be like Warlords, I'll just unsub whenever I run out from stuff to do (or it will no longer be fun for me). Simple as that.

I think since Ion is in charge, they only change stuff that doesn't work out. For example, they left raiding structure untouched from WoD to Legion. I think we will have many tweaks to existing system, but no major overhauls, outside of legendary system (or maybe not, people whine about it, but it is incentive to play - Blizzard have all statistics, they may decide to just tweak legendary system a little).
    overall i think the same. but the style or direction of the xpac can show us how good it worked out and if the sub numbers dropped same hard as in warlords or not. when world quests and ap farming totally flopped then they will change that. but i dont think so. as you said, i believe they are rather happy overall with the current system and just fine tune things in this regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Sure it does. *Looks at 7.3* Sure...it does...*Looks at Antorus*

...Suuuuuuuuurrrrrrrreeee it does..............*Looks at all of the 7.3 Detail*

...Eh?
    Looks pretty but seems like 7.3 has little in the way of new features. The story could be interesting but it'll be doable over the course of a single day, then it's back to world quests.

Also I heard the third zone is awful. Which is where Antorus is located, no?

7.3 is content complete now. Once you're done with the questline (Which might well be amazing, who knows?) what's left except a pretty version of 7.2?
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-08-12 at 11:15 AM.

The only expansion i truly disliked was WoD because it lacked content. All others were pretty good. And Legion is amazing. As good as TBC for me. Can't wait for the next one and if they keep the same quality as Legion i'm already happy
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Cataclysm and Warlords would have been fine if it were not for internal conflicts at Blizzard and content being cut as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not active anymore, but I hope they don't double down on the gratuitous time/participation gating of every single tiny chunk of content they can. From rank 3 recipes to world quests to reputations for your reputations, they've really created an exhausting path to follow for anyone interested in playing more than one character at a competitive level. I enjoyed exploring different specs and bringing undergeared characters to difficult content and keeping up with the pack, but that's just not an option in Legion without some EXTREME time investment and patience.

More and faster catch-ups would be nice for whatever they plan to do in the future. I don't mind progression at all, but Legion's sheer quantity of it makes alts unviable unless all you ever want to do is quest.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

It's an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. "Dreading" the next expansion. Sounds as if you were talking of a job you absolutely hate, or going to the dentist for a root canal treatment. You should quit video games permanently because it does you no good and messes with your head.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Nope.

Next expac will be more grindfest than Legion. Deal with it.

There has to be grinding, it's a MMORPG.

Also on the topic I believe they have learned their lesson about expansions. Warlords was the greatest disappointment Blizzard has ever produced and they found out the fans will leave them behind, stop playing if they repeat that.

Legion is a great expansion for world of warcraft and it makes up for the failure of Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Simply because of the pattern.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    only expansion you listed that would even come close to being awarded my suck award is mop. but take away kung foo panda and it really wasnt that bad either.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    I have to agree in my mind it goes:

Cata (bad & low resource)
    MoP (good & high resource)
    WoD (bad and somewhat low resource ('reusing' Outland)
    Legion (good & high resource)

- Veil of shadows (a very first impression of the supposed leak sounds low resource)

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I enjoyed collecting treasures across the Draenor without flying mount, I enjoyed completing all the quests and the lore. I enjoyed grinding some reputation, I enjoyed challenge modes, I enjoyed raiding and I enjoyed Ashran after the fixes. I did not enjoy garrison. Garrison is not the whole expansion.
    unless you level'd multiple characters then it was. Once you finished the questing (lore) finished the rep the only thing was weekly lock outs and Garrison. The Garrison was the expansion. Character model updates aside. Warlords should have been announced as a mini expansion with 6 months worth of content and then 3-4 months of getting ready for Legion.

Blizzard just fucked up all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    You can use your ground mount and stop bothering us with your anti-fly obsession
    Why would I use ground mounts when it will be only me? I guess you never played back in the good old days where the flight master actually meant something. Flying should be an end of expansion thing and it should be really hard to get. I guess Blizzard agrees with me, so suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    only expansion you listed that would even come close to being awarded my suck award is mop. but take away kung foo panda and it really wasnt that bad either.
    I thought Mist of Pandara was very good, the zones/area/lore was fun and well new. New creatures new buildings..etc It just lasted 6 months too long.

Trying to find patterns everywhere is what makes us humans smarter than other animals.

But it's also noble to look for when the pattern isn't really a pattern.

If you flip a fairly balanced coin 10 times and all the 10 times you got heads, what are the chances for heads at the 11th flip? If you followed the pattern you might have said 100%, but in reality it's close to 50%.

So yea, just because there was a pattern doesn't mean it will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Why would I use ground mounts when it will be only me? I guess you never played back in the good old days where the flight master actually meant something. Flying should be an end of expansion thing and it should be really hard to get. I guess Blizzard agrees with me, so suck it.
    Personally I feel like Blizzard embarked on the "no more flying" cause they wanted to excuse them self's from finishing the Warlords expansion. Whats his face said that the zones were not finished and they had to go in and make them so you can't just fly through mountains..etc

If anything flying should be unlocked half way through a expansion cycle, like it is now. But that doesn't change the fact they just did not want to invest the money/man hours into finishing the expansion.