10+ Year Old Account
    This is honestly my worst nightmare.

My little brother is a cop.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Well yeah, when many people are desperate they resort to self-defense, and sometimes that act of preserving one's life can be lethal to the attacker.

Who knew right?
    Not sure if you are saying the criminal is attacking in Self-defence and that the Cop is an Attacker?

That was absolutely unprofessional. How did he get this job?
    He was very lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope the police officer in question was offered the best care at the expense of the attacker. The fact the one turns around to shoot an officer at point blank just screams guilt and hope he'll enjoy his vacation in prison. The cop should have used the taser earlier. Sadly, now a days the enforcement is in fair of their guidelines, so a taser is the safest bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I don't really know where to start. The cop didn't seem to act very professional to me.

Of course -this- is the body cam footage they release. But all the hundreds of occasions of questionable and corrupt police behavior cases they keep all the body cam footage secretive and away from the public.

That in itself is just an insidious attempt to sway public opinion and to try make people ignore the other giant pile of corruption and incompetence which is going on.

It's really sad that this happened to that guy, but it's even sadder that they cherry-picked someone's misery to try and distract the public eye.

Also with all these cases of police brutality and the government unwilling to push for highly necessary reformations I'm not even surprised that this would happen often. I feel like even I would feel forced into self-defense as soon as a US cop would walk up to me. No way I'd just comply to let them abuse me, so I'll end up kidnapped, tortured or left for dead in a cell somewhere as happened to thousands of other people.
    No, when it comes to questionable actions of a police officer, it ends up in the investigation folder. Not even the local police at the steering of those.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Seems like the worst country on earth to be a cop.
    Try Brazil... uniformed police get executed in broad daylight so often to the point a lot of them are now "undercover".

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I don't really know where to start. The cop didn't seem to act very professional to me.

Of course -this- is the body cam footage they release. But all the hundreds of occasions of questionable and corrupt police behavior cases they keep all the body cam footage secretive and away from the public.

That in itself is just an insidious attempt to sway public opinion and to try make people ignore the other giant pile of corruption and incompetence which is going on.

It's really sad that this happened to that guy, but it's even sadder that they cherry-picked someone's misery to try and distract the public eye.

Also with all these cases of police brutality and the government unwilling to push for highly necessary reformations I'm not even surprised that this would happen often. I feel like even I would feel forced into self-defense as soon as a US cop would walk up to me. No way I'd just comply to let them abuse me, so I'll end up kidnapped, tortured or left for dead in a cell somewhere as happened to thousands of other people.
    you might want to see someone for these issues of yours. extreme paranoia

Blacks being blacks.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-08-13 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That was absolutely unprofessional. How did he get this job?
    He was very lucky.
    He was doing his job the way he's supposed to do it. Too bad that he has to do his job in the most violent country in the developed world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    In a country where everyone has access to a firearm, what do people even expect from the police?

Seems like the worst country on earth to be a cop.
    Now everyone knows why cops sometimes shoot first and deal with courts later. Because as you can see in the video the shooter was walking along casually and then opened fire on the officer. The idea of having everyone armed is the reason cops can be trigger happy. This cop did the right thing, he was going to use a taser . Unfortunately he should have waited for backup first and just safely followed the guy from a distance. BTW this is why in America the cops will have 2-4 people pull you over for speeding. There are cases when a person will shoot the cop and drive away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Blacks being blacks.
    That's racist.

Kinda seems like you shouldn't have guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Blacks being blacks.
    What the cop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They will always, inevitably, get caught... so I'll never understand the logic of escalating their crime from simple theft, and such, to murder or attempted to of a policeman... being jailed away for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I'll never understand the logic of escalating their crime from simple theft, and such, to murder or attempted to of a policeman... being jailed away for a long time.
    Must have some kind of internal head malfunction. I always get interested in the parents, what kind of people they are when they had a child like that?

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? The guy ignored the cop, and answered non-lethal force with lethal force. The suspect's life was never in jeopardy. Then again, you're probably one of those assholes who will ALWAYS side with a lawbreaker, no matter how monstrous, over a cop.

- - - Updated - - -

The suspect was threatening and harassing people in a grocery store and openly stealing things off the shelves. Cops are called. Officer finds him nearby, asks him to stop several times. Cop draws a taser, says that if the suspect doesn't comply by stopping and show him his hands, he will be tazed. Suspect draws gun, shoots cop 4 times and flees.

Both men in this instance are black, by the way, so anyone who's about to cry "RACISM!" can kindly STFU.
    So you started this thread, gave off a neutral vibe about it - even went as far as to say.. i'm not justifying police using deadly force all the time, and this is how you respond after 5 entries? Guess we know why you started this thread now. And just so you know, I am on the side of the police 99% of the time - but you were baiting, waiting for the first person you didn't agree with to jump down their throat.

cops dont get paid enough

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Ahhh... Another Endus "cops deserve to get shot because they signed up for it" post. Classic.

Did you expect anything else? Sometimes I think that guy/gal/whatever (can't assume gender or I'll get SJW'ed) is a planted troll, working a long con with the help of Twitch/Curse or whomever the hell that MMO-C sold out to. They're eating popcorn, swapping bro-tastic high fives, and keeping a running tally of the number of fish they've hooked. REEL 'EM IN ENDUS!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What was the context here?
    Why do you need context? Shooting a police officer can ever be justified?

You're either a big troll or you're retarded.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-13 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    So you started this thread, gave off a neutral vibe about it - even went as far as to say.. i'm not justifying police using deadly force all the time, and this is how you respond after 5 entries? Guess we know why you started this thread now. And just so you know, I am on the side of the police 99% of the time - but you were baiting, waiting for the first person you didn't agree with to jump down their throat.
    Because this is beyond the pale, completely indefensible. Anyone who is seriously taking the side of the suspect in this case (and I am talking about THIS case alone here) SHOULD be shouted down. I never claimed to be neutral here. I didn't post this as a debate on reasonable force; I posted it because it was in the news recently and it's frankly scary and compelling footage showing what it's like just being opened up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Why do you need context? Shooting a police officer can ever be justified?

You're either a big troll or you're retarded.
    Well.... actually it can.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/no-...shooting-cops/

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    cops dont get paid enough
    I'd say everyone in general isn't paid enough, so I don't disagree with this statement.

Being a cop is a dangerous line of work, though not nearly as dangerous as some want to make it out to be.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'd say everyone in general isn't paid enough, so I don't disagree with this statement.

Being a cop is a dangerous line of work, though not nearly as dangerous as some want to make it out to be.
    I know several departments where base officers can make $90-100k within 10 years. I'm not sure how much more is required.