Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Dreadlord Jaina creates frostmourne?

In the latest update to Heroes of the Storm, Jaina gains the very meme-alicious skin Dreadlord Jaina. In game, she still uses frost magic. It is also known that frostmourne was a nathrezim crafted blade. Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?

Edit: Alot of people seem to get the impression that I believe that dreadlord jaina is cannon. I dont. This is purely fun speculation on a what-if scenario. I was wondering if this idea could be built upon previous ideas on jaina being a dreadlord. So stop saying that she isn't cannon, because that is obvious and is not the point of this post.
    Last edited by mmoc3173a695bd; 2017-08-26 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by assquatch View Post
    In the latest update to Heroes of the Storm, Jaina gains the very meme-alicious skin Dreadlord Jaina. In game, she still uses frost magic. It is also known that frostmourne was a nathrezim crafted blade. Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?
    You can believe anything non-canonically if it's "swell", that's the beauty of it. Like I believe Anduid finds respite in the old, tough and rugged arms of Genn Greymane: in the tradition of ancient Spartan warriors the old wolf is there to guide Anduin with both strength and tenderness.

See? Swell and non-canonical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    You can believe anything non-canonically if it's "swell", that's the beauty of it. Like I believe Anduid finds respite in the old, tough and rugged arms of Genn Greymane: in the tradition of ancient Spartan warriors the old wolf is there to guide Anduin with both strength and tenderness.

Except technically Anduin had 2 actual 'old wolves', one who was the "Champion" of Goldrinn and another in all para-phrasing afflicted by Goldrinn. Funnily both of them give Anduin the tenderness he needs. Varian during his life and now Genn after Varian... "You don't need to see this boy".
    I guess 3 if you want to pretend Velen matters and is an 'old wolf' because he's older than Varian and Genn and more together haha.

Deleted
    Right, the difference being that there is a Dreadlord Jaina skin in Hots, and not a Daddylord Greymane skin with anduin in a gimp suit (albeit, there should be). Hots usually gives background lore to most of the skins they release, I just thought that it would be a cool backstory for the skin other than "rofl lmao dreadlord meme."Should have made that more explicit in my post, but oh well.

I am still kinda mad she's called dreadlord jaina and not Dreadqueen/lady Jaina. I believe its the first female dreadlord model we've seen. Could have gona with a more female version of the name I suppose.

But yeah I wonder if they are going to slap some more stuff onto her, would be fun to see her with a blade kinda like the hearthstone lich jaina.

"Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    I am still kinda mad she's called dreadlord jaina and not Dreadqueen/lady Jaina. I believe its the first female dreadlord model we've seen. Could have gona with a more female version of the name I suppose.

But yeah I wonder if they are going to slap some more stuff onto her, would be fun to see her with a blade kinda like the hearthstone lich jaina.
    Do we know if female nathrezim even exist? This could just be a dreadlord stuck mid-transformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do that yourself, go write a fan fiction. That's all heroes of the storm is, one big fan fiction
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It would make sense in the canon.

Jaina was crazy from the start. She purposely pushed Arthas towards the blade she crafted. Subtly manipulating him into becoming the lich king.

When he failed to conquer Azeroth she had him killed and then tried to start/escalate the alliance/horde war in MoP, before being banished to Kul Tiras in Legion where she plots the destruction of Azeroth from her Dreadlord lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Jaina was crazy from the start. She purposely pushed Arthas towards the blade she crafted. Subtly manipulating him into becoming the lich king.

When he failed to conquer Azeroth she had him killed and then tried to start/escalate the alliance/horde war in MoP, before being banished to Kul Tiras in Legion where she plots the destruction of Azeroth from her Dreadlord lair.
    Wow, that's scary. Talk about playing a long game. Question is, though. When was the real Jaina killed and replaced? Girlhood? Just before Medivh's appearance in WC3 to warn King Terenas? Very thought provoking.

... This would also confirm that Arthas slept with a Dreadlord...

Ew.

Right, the difference being that there is a Dreadlord Jaina skin in Hots, and not a Daddylord Greymane skin with anduin in a gimp suit (albeit, there should be). Hots usually gives background lore to most of the skins they release, I just thought that it would be a cool backstory for the skin other than "rofl lmao dreadlord meme."Should have made that more explicit in my post, but oh well.
    There is no lore to these new skins. Two of the three new skins aren't even WoW characters. The gimick is that Kel'Thuzad is being added so they made skins for the other WC3 scourge hero units for other characters. Dreadlord crypt lord and death knight. There is no actual lore connection to Jaina in WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm dying. You win sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Wow, that's scary. Talk about playing a long game. Question is, though. When was the real Jaina killed and replaced? Girlhood? Just before Medivh's appearance in WC3 to warn King Terenas? Very thought provoking.
    That's actually pretty fun to think about. In this vein, I would guess before reuniting with Arthas prior to the purge of Stratholme. Like, Dradlady jaina killed or imprisoned real Jaina after she left Dalaran, the fight at Mt Hyjal was just to keep up appearances and is why she volunteered to be the first line of defense; so she could abandon the humans and attempt to make Hyjals defense weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post

But that's not swell. That's just gay.

Deleted
    Well they shown dreadlord jaina but there is a problem with her hair not actually reflectin the current ones ... and tbf i dont like the idea ... but jaina necromancer as in magic is a double edged sword etc and evolving from just another frostmage to a necromancer that's like something that i can speculate on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

What are bunch of fucking stupid fuck shit i see... Haters can be so hilarious!

Not ragging on OP here, but I'm beginning to think this subforum needs a rule update that threads discussing non-canonical material sourced from Hearthstone and HotS need to be locked. Not infracted, just locked, because this sub is a discussion board for WARCRAFT LORE, and having threads made inside it about things the devs have repeated verbatim multiple times a year "THESE THINGS ARE NOT CANON LORE" just defeats the very purpose of the sub. It's like making a thread about Starcraft 2 in the WoW gen disc sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Would it not be swell if Jaina non-canonically created frostmourne?"

What does that even mean? I mean, it would also be cool if Obama created the Frostmourne, non-canonically.
    Thanks Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Ummm .. It's just a skin , a non-canonical skin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    He is joking ^ Hopefully

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    You're just upset because you know it's true.