Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You can and should invest time in developing and improving your employees' performance if you have strong management. You cannot develop and improve unique life experiences and backgrounds that help shape the way we think and approach problems. That's why diversity matters.
    Last edited by Kennyloggins; 2017-10-14 at 04:10 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Most of that is because of assigned and equally forced traditions.
    Bullshit. People choose their career paths, if you are too dumb or have no interest in pursuing a certain field, you won't do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    My comp teamate got reported for playing Genji. It's assinine.
    That's some top quality keks right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why not just make everything a meritocracy ?
    Um yeah dude.

Google and Microsoft are meritocracies and look how diverse their employees are.

Blizz has a serious problem on their hands.

Well it didn’t and you’re wrong. Nintendo brought video games into mainstream. There is a sizable number of the population that doesn’t even know what the fuck WoW even is much less played it.

- - - Updated - - -

You should try reading. Try reading those words before the period. I’m talking about another beliefs systems not mine particularly.
    That isn't how our language works... but fine sure retreat to whatever bastion will hold you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Um yeah dude.

Google and Microsoft are meritocracies and look how diverse their employees are.

Blizz has a serious problem on their hands.
    Wasn't there a massive scandal in google about that not being the case...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't know, best selling game of the 90's sold some 5 million copies. No. 2 some 2.5mil, 3, 2 mill.
    Aren't multiple games selling 5+ million copies every month these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I grew up in the days of arcades, and I remember very well the clientele that went into them. I remember almost never seeing a girl in an arcade, I recall the social stigma that surrounded video games, especially for adolescent girls. It wasn't to much the case for arcades, but it was definitely the case for personal computers, and to a lesser extent, console games.

Don't get me wrong, there will always be cliques, even within the video-gaming community. The gaming culture is just as varied, and can be just as judgmental, as the rest of society. The popularity has gone up, as have the people who are gamers.
    Consider that I'm going back to a time when titles were not sold to individual gamers, but to establishments. They were introduced as an item of mass consumption to the most diverse audience: whoever stepped in a coffee house.
    And that I'm framing the later atomization of demographics as a consequence of gaming entering households. That was, by necesity, very asymmetric, and created market niches. Homegaming evolved in a market that was dominated by soft elitism through the platform in which they operated: having a computer (or later consoles) wasn't even a given at every home; it was a product for the slightly above average income families. People would go play to their friends houses, and as so happened, friends and activities were often segregated by gender.
    I'm arguing that videogames themselves were popular all along this process. But that the market was very unequal when it came to gaming at home. And that the younger generations have only seen the development of the later (which has, of course, grown through the years).

And, by no means, I'd deny the stigma. I saw it too. Though, to be honest, I didn't like arcades very much until I was like 15, but I played at bars for hours well before that. I'm signaling that the story is a bit more involved. "Ignored" is too strong a word: we've been playing along boys and men, and our consumer wants have been satisfied since the late 70s.

Well it didn’t and you’re wrong. Nintendo brought video games into mainstream. There is a sizable number of the population that doesn’t even know what the fuck WoW even is much less played it.
    Thats nice, I guess. Wtf has WoW got to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

He kind of jumps around to try and... I think prove a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bullshit. People choose their career paths, if you are too dumb or have no interest in pursuing a certain field, you won't do it.
    Nope, and that is the illusion some are fighting to maintain very, very hard.

- - - Updated - - -

What does your post have to do with the thread?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Nope, and that is the illusion some are fighting to maintain very, very hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you now claiming people don't have free will...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you now claiming people don't have free will...?
    I am saying that I am extremely attracted to Taylor Swift, she is a very beautiful woman, and that makes me angry a little bit. Plus she is blonde, so that doesn't help.

I am saying that I am extremely attracted to Taylor Swift, she is a very beautiful woman, and that makes me angry a little bit. Plus she is blonde, so that doesn't help.
    ... ok.

That is something alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you aren’t going to hold me to shit I don’t recognize you as an equal much less authority in any metric of debate. We are just two people talking about diversity I’m for it for POC and I really don’t care about your reasons you have a problem with it.

Based on our conversation I’m pretty sure I know why.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming from you that means less than nothing. Someone being hired who is a POC is a beautiful thing.
    One doesn't need to be an authority to recognize that you keep going around in circles without making any valuable assertions, and when you get called out you just retreat into some "i have my convictions and you aren't.changing them" nonsensical position.

You do this in every single thread you get into, the Anita one being another example.

It doesn't even have to be me, any person here could make the most coherent argument and you'd still refuse it cause it would go agaisnt your established beliefs.

Not to mention all your ad hominems..."he's questioning diversity, so he must be a rscistr"

Probably more than you and Primalmatter talking stupid to each other for page after page, it all went a little off topic; but weaved in was a discussion regarding "when video games came into the mainstream". You chose to respond to it.

Also, even for you, you're being an insufferable ass in this thread.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-14 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    One doesn't need to be an authority to recognize that you keep going around in circles without making any valuable assertions, and when you get called out you just retreat into some "i have my convictions and you aren't.changing them" nonsensical position.

You do this in every single thread you get into, the Anita one being another example.

It doesn't even have to be me, any person here could make the most coherent argument and you'd still refuse it cause it would go agaisnt your established beliefs.

Not to mention all your ad hominems..."he's questioning diversity, so he must be a rscistr"
    He didn't call me out on anything, he just asked me an inane hypocritical question that really wasn't about anything. However on the off chance he wasn't who cares, I am not looking for his or your approval.

As for your I wouldn't go against something because it is an established belief, UH NO you are wrong, one of the big differences between me and someone like you I am not willing to go against anything unless I disagree with it, I am also not going to support something just because it everyone does either.

I don't down shift like that, I can have 20 people in here telling me I am wrong, but if they don't have a decent or relevant argument coming from a place of logic or reason, then I am not going entertain that for more than amusement.

I also don't throw in with 20 or so other people against 1 person either. If you ever gotten the impression I stoke popular or unpopular opinion for effect well that is one more thing you are mistaken about concerning me.

This Primalmatter is free to talk about himself anyway he chooses, he called himself a racist in reference to what he thinks I thought. Which for you and him it is irrelevant.

We are just talking about diversity. Your and his arguments pretty much amount the same tired bullshit logic and racist shit I have listen to and argued against before.
    NOT YOU the argument, what and who you are personally is besides the point

He didn't call me out on anything, he just asked me an inane hypocritical question that really wasn't about anything. However on the off chance he wasn't who cares, I am not looking for his or your approval.

As for your I wouldn't go against something because it is an established belief, UH NO you are wrong, one of the big differences between me and someone like you I am not willing to go against anything unless I disagree with it, I am also not going to support something just because it everyone does either.

I don't down shift like that, I can have 20 people in here telling me I am wrong, but if they don't have a decent or relevant argument coming from a place of logic or reason, then I am not going entertain that for more than amusement.

I also don't throw in with 20 or so other people against 1 person either. If you ever gotten the impression I stoke popular or unpopular opinion for effect well that is one more thing you are mistaken about concerning me.

This Primalmatter is free to talk about himself anyway he chooses, he called himself a racist in reference to what he thinks I thought. Which for you and him it is irrelevant.

We are just talking about diversity. Your and his arguments pretty much amount the same tired bullshit logic and racist shit I have listen to and argued against before.
    You refuse to see the other side by your own admission.

You have cloaked yourself in ignorance and you show if off with pride its actually kind of amazing your willing to admit that. The fact your a coward hiding behind reporting people in the hope to get them banned is a Delicious cherry on this cake of hypocrisy.

Nah sorry, you really say a whole lot of nothing. It's just endless babbling with no real talking points. All you do is circle the wagon with some mumble jumble that you can say whatever you want because it's your opinion, even though you're trying to pass it off as a fact. When dozens upon dozens people say the same thing over and over to and about you, then you need to ask yourself if you really do what you're accused of, in short, you do. You type as if you're coming from some moral high ground, looking down on the rest of us, it would be hysterical if you weren't so passive aggressive all the time, while being wrong.

Also, quit playing the race card everytime you decide to post. Hiring based on merit and skill, instead of diversity is not racist, not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account

You have cloaked yourself in ignorance and you show if off with pride its actually kind of amazing your willing to admit that. The fact your a coward hiding behind reporting people in the hope to get them banned is a Delicious cherry on this cake of hypocrisy.
    Ok let me help you out here is a break down.

1. I am ok with diversity or forced diversity ANYWHERE this includes the Pro Sports
    2. Race can be a qualification/
    3. I am aware it can discriminate against others.
    4. The world isn't fair, even less fair when Tradition has shut some out of opportunity.

Nobody is being hurt by any of the above, the efforts go to try to be inclusive, it also does not mean that everybody has to do it, or does it, or that even if they do it's shutting anybody else OUT!

Ok let me help you out here is a break down.

1. I am ok with diversity or forced diversity ANYWHERE this includes the Pro Sports
    2. Race can be a qualification/
    3. I am aware it can discriminate against others.
    4. The world isn't fair, even less fair when Tradition has shut some out of opportunity.

Nobody is being hurt by any of the above, the efforts go to try to be inclusive, it also does not mean that everybody has to do it, or does it, or that even if they do it's shutting anybody else OUT!
    So you support certain kinds of racism so long as its groups you like...

Nice moral standards buddy your what you despise congratulations once again.

Say anything negative about MS or Tennisace, Captain Save-a-hoe Endus comes to save the day. I really don't even give a fuck if I get infracted. This thread already has surpassed it's alotted time, it should have been closed pages ago do to it being shifted to race and gender, but because Endus decided to speak out against hiring slights, its remained open, further proving he's a worthless mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Say anything negative about MS or Tennisace, Captain Save-a-hoe Endus comes to save the day. I really don't even give a fuck if I get infracted. This thread already has surpassed it's alotted time, it should have been closed pages ago do to it being shifted to race and gender, but because Endus decided to speak out against hiring slights, its remained open, further proving he's a worthless mod.
    It'll get locked guaranteed now. Talking about the inconsistent moderation is a bigger nono.