Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1) WoW Classic has a separate team. It won't be around nearly as long as retail, obviously

2) Blizzard is a business. They will sell millions of every expac and that's their bottom line. $. Again, obviously. It's a business. We're all just sheep.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.
    Like bringing back a selection of classic games in the form of a small game console? Or perhaps like creating services to play games from previous iterations of a console?

Surprise, if there's a demand for bringing back old games, companies will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    1) WoW Classic has a separate team. It won't be around nearly as long as retail, obviously

2) Blizzard is a business. They will sell millions of every expac and that's their bottom line. $. Again, obviously. It's a business. We're all just sheep.
    1. I'm actually curious as to who some of these people are.

2. Can I be a Tortoise instead? :O

Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

This is like bringing back Warcraft 1 multiplayer because a couple of retards think that selecting only 6 units at a time and very limited strategies are what the RTS genre is all about.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    Wow is never innovative. What they do well is let others come up with ideas and then they steal and refine for their game. The only time this game as ever pushed forward was on release when they brought a bunch of ideas together into what was a polished mmo for the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I was about to say. Current WoW game design is headed straight into the dirt.
    M+ is a pretty solid addition. WQs are a pretty solid addition. They shit the bed with rng legendaries, so they're abandoning this failed idea altogether. They went overboard with WF/TF, so they're going to cut down.

How is their game going to improve when, instead of giving them detailed feedback, a lot of people just shit indiscriminately over everything within anus range? This is no way to get any coherent point across or get listened to.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are posts like this even allowed or constructive in any way? It's obvious baiting and a repetitive thread #1000. Do we have to argue the same points every other hour by triggered people on both sides?

We need moderation to remove "why why why" posts.

"Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags"

Remember when Blizzard threw away "Project Titan" in the bin, and you complain about them hiring a hand full of people to create Classic Servers?

As for me, I probably main on Classic, maybe play current WoW on its latest patch right before the next expansion.
    Why bother wasting my time with all the "catch up mechanics" they bring into this game.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    it's nothing like warcraft I.
    Yeah, let's erase every playable race but orcs and humans, make orcs mindlessly one dimensionally rawr me evil orc smash. Let's erase the old gods and the legion too. Kil'jaeden was just some random demon who was Gul'dan's tutor. There was no legion yet.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Sure, I'm not putting it above them to pull something like that, but it doesn't mean that what they are saying is "clearly bullshit." If BfA turns out to be another WoD in terms of lacking and cut content, then sure, we can start to complain and speculate about where all the effort and time has gone, but so far it's extremely difficult to say how BfA is shaping up to be and a lot of people who says both this and that about it.
    For sure.
    It's worrying when they have so little to show at Blizzcon though.
    If you compare it to Legion or even WoD they basically had nothing and couldn't answer anything.

The OP is right, in a way. Having talented people working on a 13 year old game is water potential.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Some of us like playing the original Super Mario Bros.
    Oranges and apples. since Super Mario Bros was made and released and that was it. WoW is a still evolving MMO, meaning wasting people on the development of an older version of the same game is idiotic.

Instead of focusing on evolving the MMO genre by trying to improve WoW and maybe make a sequel, they're hiring grade A talent to work on code from over a decade ago for a game that was in a piss poor state compared to the systems it offers today just so it can serve as a fan service to a couple thousand people who can't admit that WoW hasn't changed at all in terms of gameplay since pre-BC, it's simply received tons more options to do the same things by reducing the pointless downtime and grind required for every single task, turning the game into a literal second job. Not to mention the improved graphics, phasing and other story telling elements. However, the core gameplay is 100% the same.

What a fucking waste. Just leave it open source for those aptly named "nostalrius" fags and put this quality and ambitious talent to pushing the MMO genre FORWARD not fucking backwards.
    They have been trying to push it forward they completely ruined the game. "a literal second job" lmao fucking casual. old WoW is renowned for being the best MMORPG experience and it will remain that way for a very long time, and if anyone is going to"push the mmo genre forward" it's not going to be fucking Blizzard lol

"TALENT" LMFAO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Oranges and apples. since Super Mario Bros was made and released and that was it. WoW is a still evolving MMO, meaning wasting people on the development of an older version of the same game is idiotic.
    And saying that in the entertainment business "forward" is always better is complete insanity.

This is not science.
    This is entertainment.

WoW catered to a broader audience of people and changed the game completely

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The OP is right, in a way. Having talented people working on a 13 year old game is water potential.
    Disagree, I find the constant iteration of a different but new core philosophy tiresome. I'd love to see some of the...'inelegant' design that is old-school MMOs comeback from talented developers. Whats the saying, beauty in chaos or some shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It is waste if many people really want it to play? Also why you care how they will use their money? You sill have your ever evolving wow..so?

Look, maybe whole Classic project will fail and maybe it will be great success. It really depends, how they will handle it, but don't dismiss idea, just because you are not liking it.

Not really sure why people are responding to this bait?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1. I'm actually curious as to who some of these people are.

2. Can I be a Tortoise instead? :O
    Idk? But it was stated it was a separate team. And they opened up hirings for this as well.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Feels good.. Blizzard is going to waste talent working on classic on your dime while I wait for Classic to be released lol
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

you're an angry little nerd aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It is sad to see them reduce the amount of devs working on retail in order to keep a classic server going though.
    I mean, the new expantion pack they just revealed seemed to have about the same amount of features as a normal content patch.
    they arent using anyone from retail to remake classic.. holy shit.. why don't people understand this.. if this game was being made.. or not being made.. it would have zero influence on the production schedule of retail....

Blizzard haven't been taking wow "forward" they have been milking it since wotlk. Adding classic servers is nothing more than what they've been doing all these years, milking wow.

Being so upset over a company catering to different tastes as to go mental and insult people would put you quite low on the IQ scale.