Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that mentality either.

One thing that a lot of people need to get over is that most players simply aren't interested in doing a learning run with randoms that they may never play with again in the future. So If I want to find pugs to do a 15. I'm there to complete a 15 with minimal pain, not teach people that have not done a 15 or something closer to a 15 how to play (yesterday I had to deal with a ret that did zero interrupt and 500k dps throughout an entire Nelth 15 because the leader didn't properly vet or he was using pugs to sell his key. Thank god it was an easy affix week).

People had an issue with gearscore or ilvl or whatever but it's the same train of thought: if I want to steamroll through content, I want people that have completed that content already. If you want to pug a learning group, find or make a learning group.
    Wait 500k dps is low now?
    Fml

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    Wait 500k dps is low now?
    Fml
    tanks do more than 500k dps on ST now. And i was commenting on the entire run which means there was a lot of AoE padding potential

tanks do more than 500k dps on ST now. And i was commenting on the entire run which means there was a lot of AoE padding potential
    Oh yeah I pull 1.2m on AE (benefits of being a fire mage)
    again I havent really played since Argus released
    but yeah seems like I have to work on my gear abit
    /shrug well thanks for the insight =]
    On wow progress I have a M+ score of 129 how low is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post

So a good score always shows people know everything there is to know about m+, while a bad score always shows that people knows nothing about dungeons and will be dead weight?

I'm just stating that people can be really really good at m+, without having to farm up m+ score. Just like people can be really good at other things with less practice. There are some people who are naturally gifted.
    Come on, are you serious? Yeah there might be special snowflakes who are great at something without experience. That's perhaps 1% of the people with low M+ score. The rest is either deluding themselves into thinking they are good / M+ isn't all that or they know they are grown up enough to accept that they might not be good at something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Come on, are you serious? Yeah there might be special snowflakes who are great at something without experience. That's perhaps 1% of the people with low M+ score. The rest is either deluding themselves into thinking they are good / M+ isn't all that or they know they are grown up enough to accept that they might not be good at something.
    Or they don't care about time trials..

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Or they don't care about time trials..

Again failing to grasp the point. Even a "good" player who doesn't know the instances, pulls, how hard stuff hits is still a burden most of the time. And if you don't care about M+ why does M+ score bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    But on the other hand, some players are good just don't have time, or have been on hiatus's. So they cannot farm M+ to build their score
    It's fair that people don't have time to play, but then they shouldn't expect to be handed invites for +15's that's how it has always been, if you invest time you will get gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    So wanting to play with good players that are similar skill and experience to yourself is elitist and toxic? Also, my M+ score on wowprogress and raider.io are within 20 points of each other. Considering you're looking at numbers in the thousands I'd say that's close enough.
    Oh man you went full retard with that. Never go full retard.

So as you probably remember the days of gearscore, can you honestly say that having external arbitrary ranking of players contributed positively to the community? The same applies here - regardless of your intentions and the intentions of "the hardcore" - this will trickle down and be used by the same masses that get denied runs with the "good players" - always kick down towards the weak. It's not a net positive result for a community that is already struggling trying to create meaningful social interactions. For once we could try to learn from the history instead of being forced to repeat it.

Also the fact that your personal ratings differ confirms what I said. There are different 3rd party algorithms in play that are not controlled in-game or by Blizzard. That does not sound like sustainable long term solution to me.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-05 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Ban no one. However, the community should find a tool that is a better measure of player quality. To be clear, I'm all for benchmarking players before accepting them. I do, however, have a qualm about inaccurate data becoming mainstream.

- - - Updated - - -

Again failing to grasp the point. Even a "good" player who doesn't know the instances, pulls, how hard stuff hits is still a burden most of the time. And if you don't care about M+ why does M+ score bother you?
    Mythic+ is mostly throughput. How many months have we been doing these same boss mechanics that there are people who don't know them?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-12-05 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Mythic+ is mostly throughput. How many months have we been doing these same boss mechanics that there are people who don't know them?

For me personally, someone not accepting my app to their group is not my loss.
    Yeah. Mostly throughput. Until damage get's too high for your healer to fix things or straight up one shots you.

Yeah. Mostly throughput. Until damage get's too high for your healer to fix things or straight up one shots you.
    Of course you have to deal with the mechanics. I just can't imagine a large group of high level players with excellent gear scores who don't know that they are supposed to kill the green balls or watch which way Helya faces.

Ban no one. However, the community should find a tool that is a better measure of player quality. To be clear, I'm all for benchmarking players before accepting them. I do, however, have a qualm about inaccurate data becoming mainstream.

- - - Updated - - -

like what though? Are you going to go through people's m+ logs to see if they are good?

7+ Year Old Account
    m+ score is honestly worse than gearscore at this point. I don't do enough m+ and there are times where my friends don't want to do m+ so I have to pug instead. I can have 950 ilvl and play one of the strongest classes and specs in the game for m+ but get declined instantly because I don't have 2k m+ score.

like what though? Are you going to go through people's m+ logs to see if they are good?
    That's a good point, I don't have the answers(I'm sure a better solution will present itself in the coming months and years, like gear score did originally), but this solution is imperfect enough that it may be causing more harm than good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Mythic+ score is a completely stupid addon that shows no degree of skill. Since a lot of the time people just choose to do easier dungeons and avoid the annoying ones.

That said - what you said is equally stupid.
    You won't get 2k+ from only doing a few of the easier dungeons. MS is useful. Not foolproof, but useful.

Of course you have to deal with the mechanics. I just can't imagine a large group of high level players with excellent gear scores who don't know that they are supposed to kill the green balls or watch which way Helya faces.
    Because it's that simple in high keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Previously people chose based on ilvl.

Whiners claimed "ilvl is not an indicative on skill"

Now an addon has turned up that tracks your greatest m+ achievements and actually gives a score very representative of your skill level.

And you still whine?

Make your own damn group?

I didn't say no experience. Just little enough experience that they look like crap on a website that can't even collect complete data for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    presumably you think the armory should also be removed then? since its not fair to look up people's characters without their express permission?
    It's not about fair. I honestly see no reason why people should look up my character in the armory to begin with. I don't understand this entitlement to the time I put into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    Well it is hard to hide his data, as it is not his data. That is like me asking that your mmo-c profile name is hidden for everyone.

All wowprogress and raider.io is doing is showing Blizzards data in a more manageable way. If you don't like that "your" data is shown, then stop playing.
    Is it hard to understand that his data is his data, while also being Blizzard's data? I don't follow why I can't say "his data" without you thinking I mean his literal property and not just a collection he produced.

Again, I don't see why my play history is anyone's business. Or experience, or achievements. I don't understand why this information needs to be accessible to anyone to begin with or why you think it's your right to look me up. I have nothing to be ashamed of, but I also don't think it's your right to snoop.

Please understand that I have a right to disagree with a decision Blizzard made, without having to quit over it.

You hear the leaves rustle in the breeze "Get good scrub...."

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I didn't say no experience. Just little enough experience that they look like crap on a website that can't even collect complete data for the week.

It's not about fair. I honestly see no reason why people should look up my character in the armory to begin with. I don't understand this entitlement to the time I put into the game.

Is it hard to understand that his data is his data, while also being Blizzard's data? I don't follow why I can't say "his data" without you thinking I mean his literal property and not just a collection he produced.

Again, I don't see why my play history is anyone's business. Or experience, or achievements. I don't understand why this information needs to be accessible to anyone to begin with or why you think it's your right to look me up. I have nothing to be ashamed of, but I also don't think it's your right to snoop.

Please understand that I have a right to disagree with a decision Blizzard made, without having to quit over it.
    You are playing a multiplayer game. You are talking about taking part in a group based, highly competitive aspect of this multiplayer game.

Naturally, competitive players want to make sure they have every advantage possible - including skilled teammates. People are going to want you to provide some sort of proof that you are as skilled as you say you are. If you don't want to do that, that is your decision, just as it is their decision not to invite you.

The only way that Blizzard could make things like this addon go away would be to remove publicly displayed achievements (which most players won't want - people like to show off their accomplishments), remove the ability to inspect other players (again, they probably won't, it has been in since Classic), or remove the ability for players to do math (obviously they can't remove math).

People will always find a way to make their group more exclusive. You can either adjust yourself so that you fit the exclusive criteria being requested, or you can start your own group with your own requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.