Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    But that would take effort! It's much easier to copy and paste a few races for Alliance and give them some new skin tones...easy peasy done! >.>
    And the void form whatever tha ends up looking like, and the new hairstyles with the glowy bits....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    And the void form whatever tha ends up looking like, and the new hairstyles with the glowy bits....
    The new hairstyles are okay but not exactly earth shatteringly cool...I like short hair but most of them are long.

I want a hairstyle like Sombra!

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Highborne IS an option! It's called a Night Elf!

(I think you mean High Elves dere.)
    Technically, High Elves are Highborne. Shen'dralar that weren't exiled stated Night Elves. Those that boarded ships and traveled west devolved/evolved into the light skinned High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It is such a small issue indeed. If they change the posture, I would hope for something even cooler/sexier - but I must say I like the blood elf/high elf one enough and I think this is what people wanted. So it makes no sense to change it for them. If we then have a horde blood elf sub-race then, we can have something different for posture, because on the horde we already have that posture on the blood elves, and something different would be cool.

The nightborne are that way because I really believe they were originally meant for the night elves, and weren't even going to be playable. But their success and desire changed that, and when blizzard that high elf would be playable on the alliance, it was finally a worthy exchange. You could see 7.1 changed the night elf /nightborne getting along. There wasn't a trace of blood elf at all in 7.0, the original story was entirely a night elf thing, and in fact, the original 7.1 had Elisande make a quip to Tyrande about "their mutual acquaintance" (i.e. Malfurion), this was all changed, and 7.1 we saw blood elves in force, I sensed there was a change, and now in restrospect, I see the deal was been struck. But the minute I saw Red shirt guys blizzplanet post about the files, I knew it, HIgh elves were coming in the form of void elves, and for me that was enough.

When I saw the actual character creation models in full swing with the colourings, the hair styles, the ripped bodies etc, I loved the void elves.
    I don't think I agree with the nightborne ever being "Night elf thing." There's the point they have been literally changed by their living conditions, which is patently a parallel to the High Elves after the exile, as well as the Nighwell/Sunwell. Nightborne and Blood Elves are both queldorei, high borne. They may look closer to night elves, but philosophically and culturally they are just from the start closer to the Blood Elves, and 7.1 confirms those parallels. To be honest this doesn't change the point you are trying to make at all, I'm just saying that nightborne where clearly introduced as their own thing with some cool thematic links, but they were just too far removed to be Night Elf stuff, unlike Farondis and Val'sharah.

Deleted
    I didn't like Void Elves at the start... But they grew on me. You can't resist the void... But you can join it!

good, I hope all you elf fuckers go back to the alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Technically, High Elves are Highborne. Shen'dralar that weren't exiled stated Night Elves. Those that boarded ships and traveled west devolved/evolved into the light skinned High Elves.
    Well, to be fair, i was being tongue in cheek.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    How to spot the oh so edgy horde player in a elf thread.... don´t worry they will tell you because even if they only post one thing it will at least be something along the line of: Glad to finally get rid of elf in MY horde, finally all the ones who play not a edgy dark/bad race will play alliance again and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    How to spot the oh so edgy horde player in a elf thread.... don´t worry they will tell you because even if they only post one thing it will at least be something along the line of: Glad to finally get rid of elf in MY horde, finally all the ones who play not a edgy dark/bad race will play alliance again and so on.
    I hate elves, I don’t have to explain myself beyond that.
    /shooing motion

Well considering the horde is getting another race of elves too I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Well considering the horde is getting another race of elves too I wouldn't hold my breath.
    If it only manages to chip away at the over all elf base I’ll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I don't think I agree with the nightborne ever being "Night elf thing." There's the point they have been literally changed by their living conditions, which is patently a parallel to the High Elves after the exile, as well as the Nighwell/Sunwell. Nightborne and Blood Elves are both queldorei, high borne. They may look closer to night elves, but philosophically and culturally they are just from the start closer to the Blood Elves, and 7.1 confirms those parallels. To be honest this doesn't change the point you are trying to make at all, I'm just saying that nightborne where clearly introduced as their own thing with some cool thematic links, but they were just too far removed to be Night Elf stuff, unlike Farondis and Val'sharah.
    Yeah, other than the fact they branched off from the main night elf civilization they don't have much in common with modern day night elves. Their culture is much more highborne, ie the elves that mostly went off to become blood elves, even without the similar well related crisis. A culture modern night elves have moved away from, even considering the shendelar highborne rejoining.

- - - Updated - - -

If it only manages to chip away at the over all elf base I’ll be happy.
    What if the nightbourne are really popular and it only leads to MORE elves?

Huh!? What!? I thought I heard the guttural harpings of one of those drop elves! Better burn the trees again.

Since void elves become void elves after legion, then shouldnt they beable to be all blood elf classes like demon hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Since void elves become void elves after legion, then shouldnt they beable to be all blood elf classes like demon hunter?
    That might have some serious consequences. Could end up like the Xul'horac fight, void and fel mix and BOOM!!! poor demon hunter is now a puddle.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    In theory.. Maybe. But might be unfair to Horde players. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Once again, Tyrande removed the law banning practise of the arcane. The Shendrelar are not mighty, they came hat in hand beginning for assistance and outside of a handful of class trainers in Darnassus, the asshole in Stonetalon and Estulan in Feralas they have no presence. Even the 'highborne mage' in the MoP line isn't a Highborne, but rather a scholar who took an interest in the arcane when it became allowed. The Kirin Tor have seemingly taken over their training in the expansions since Cataclysm and that is a good thing, the Kirin Tor can fart better arcana than the Highborne from Dire Maul could ever hope to conjure up. All they did was drain a demon and slowly kill each other off. Ya, you see some older cata shit with these Highborne monkeys 'teaching' arcane to complete green night elves, but that's about it.

Not really. And this is why.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=14430/h...-the-construct
    They have a lot to LEARN, and NOTHING to teach, especially to the Kirin Tor. Nightborne on the other hand, well just look at what they have built and can do.

- - - Updated - - -

That's great, whatever smegma race from you play is garbage too. Also it's not your horde, it's the blood elf player's horde by majority rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard is banking on night elf players rolling Horde to play a Nightborne cause who is going to trade their orc or zombie for one?
    Elven athena, from what I remember from those quests, the Elven construct is a teaching tool that is used by a newly raised highborne to teach her new students. You do not deal with any shen'dralar highborne in Azshara, the teacher is newly raised and the students are all novices.

The highborne like the nightborne have been studying the arcane for the last 10,000 years, they start at a level that 10,000 years ago was beyond every modern mage including the high/blood elves - they and the nightborne are the only groups that were in cities that survived in tact - therefore they retain vast amounts of knowledge unbroken that was lost to the night elves and the high elves that devolved from them.

Furthermore, the reason the demon eventually brings dire maul to the ruinuous state you meet it in, is because the highborne are so focused on their study of magic which they have been doing for 10k years.. this is wondrous for magical knowledge and advancement but pretty much useless when the lights eventually start fading around 40 years ago, allowing Ogres, Satyrs and others to start moving into the city. At the point of the cataclysm, these guys have been constantly scrying on the world withotu lifting a finger to hlep in anything, but they reach a sitaution with their resources so depleted and no power that the cataclysm they spy will finish them off if they don't seek help and alliances outside, so they approach the night elves with their discovery and this is how Deathwing's plan is leaked, the night elves do not have the power to cope with the impending problem, they need the arcane back and the reasons for banning its use are no longer necessary since the Legion did come back and the Long VIgil ended. If it shows you anything, it shows you they've been intensely studying magic, which means their knowledge in the last 10k years has grown - they are so focused by the time we meet them, the zealots don't care that most of the city is overrun and the lights are out, they are still boosting their arcane knowledge, fascinated by their great love. This tells me these guys are not ignorant outdated mages, they will hold more arcana than any living group having continued developing from an already super initial state 10k years that their other elven counterparts lost - and being so focused on it they lose their city - which is an indication of the madness the demon has on the prince, but not on their level of magical knowledge.

Truth is you are not really showcased the ability of the highborne, but from what the story tells us, you can guess they are at least as knowledgeable in arcana as the nightborne. The post sundering advancements would be different as the two groups were separated but they should roughly be equally advanced - we meet them when they had no power, we have no idea what it was like when it was powered and fully occupied. And since they've been scrying on the world, it is also likely they are aware of any new advancements humans and high elves may have developed and it is likey most are beneath them, but who knows, I'm sure the humans and high elves would have made some interesting advancements in some of the fields that would have interested them. Just by sheer factor in the long years and time they've had to study this with a heightened intellect and power for nearly 10k years, well - it shoudn't surprise you. Suramar had a more power due to the nightwell however being fixed shut in a bubble meant they couldn't do much with it except inside. The shen'dralar had no such limitation, and although they didn't really come out of their city, isolating themselves there, they would have ventured out and had more of a larger playing field to experiment and test.

What I gather from all this in the quests and stories, is that once the agreement is made with the highborne, the highborne are allowed to recruit talented night elves back into their ranks. THe agreement is they will lend their arcane might to the efforts and the two groups will try to work together. The highborne will not be forced to change their culture or adopt the kaldorei ways, and would fully direct the magical studies, students will become highborne just like Azshara took the most talented in the arcane to the ranks of highborne.

Now some night elves who gave up the arcane were highborne 10k years ago, not all the highborne disagreed with Malfurion and left with Darth'remar, it is likely all the Zin'Azshari ones did, but the Highborne from Suramar who didn't stay in the city with Elisande and others who were part of the Moonguard and other forces, gave up magic in compliance with the ban, some became balance druids - 10k years later, these are the ones that are years out of practice, but would have been some of the quickest to qualify as full highborne whiles still catching up themsleves and training new ones. This I suspect is the situation for the highborne teacher in Azshara and her students were all from the night elves, not from the Shen'dralar. Although blizzard didn't state that specifically they did say the night elf mages you meet in Azshara were not the 10k year old arcane wileding Shen'dralar but novices. And it explains why she was using very outdated method of training - which actually was extremely effective for learning because bear in mind these night elves had only been weeks in training, not months, and were already powerful enough to be used as troops. Remember she is assassinated before the blood elf can manipulate the construct, it is quite possible that she would have anticiapted its weakness but was confident that while she was alive, she could protect them and prevent any sabotage. Needing to use the construct because while flawed was actually the fastest way to learn.

You cannot conclude the highborne are terrible because of that quest experience when you don't factor in everything the lore points out. Just because Dire Maul is in ruins doesn't mean the highborne aren't extremely knowledgeable and at the level if not beyond that of the nightborne - Eldre'thalas is in ruins because they don't have power at this point, and it is clear it has only recently reached that stage too, as the demon has only just broken loose, but you don't see it in style so you assume they must be terrible mages? No, not when the lore gives you enough reason to suspect otherwise and the dilapidated state has an explanation for it that has nothing to do with their degree or level of mastery of magic.
    Last edited by Mace; 2017-12-07 at 04:40 AM.

Lol... even I’m not that bitter and self loathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    In theory.. Maybe. But might be unfair to Horde players. *shrug*
    Well they did say allied races classes would be lore based and not balance based which is why horde will be getting 2 druid races and alliance 2 pally

These shits have nothing to do with Warcraft. This is where i draw the line and move on, i'm too old for this crap.

Emo elves? For real Blizzard?