Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Tide Pod Challenge:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/p-g-gra...eme-1516449600

Since the launch of Tide Pods in 2012, P&G has changed the appearance of packaging to make them look less like candy, added a bitter taste to the product and produced commercials warning parents to keep the pods out of reach of young children.

Now, teens have made a game out of biting into and even vaping the liquid in the capsules. Some are challenging their friends to do the same in social- media call-outs, sounding fresh alarm bells for P&G.
    Soo....People are vaping this shit now? But how? Do you just put the contents in the vape pen?

Can't we go back to dumping buckets of ice on top of each other?

"Smart" phone generation... the irony.

Teens with their desire to be fucking sheep with retarded trends. Only a matter of time before a "Jump off a bridge" Challenge crops up...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/p-g-gra...eme-1516449600

Soo....People are vaping this shit now? But how? Do you just put the contents in the vape pen?

Can't we go back to dumping buckets of ice on top of each other?
    Hard to regulate stupidity. But we never use those anyway. Never had a issue ether with our kids doing something stupid like that.

And the more you keep on linking it, the longer shit like this stays alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Ignoring it doesn't make the stupidity go away.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We need some way for nature to keep complete idiots from reproducing...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Absolutely - but we all know it's a major new meme thing to do - and to preferably be videod and uploaded.
    I see dumb memes all the time, making things that should die asap live another life by attention from random people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hard to regulate stupidity. But we never use those anyway. Never had a issue ether with our kids doing something stupid like that.
    I think things like this came about when the internet came about.

A part of it is wanting to either be or be a part of the newest thing on the internet, or just poor attempts at being hilarious.

The "Fire in the Hole" pranks are the only ones I found entertaining though.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/fi...he-hole/24461/
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2018-01-21 at 02:17 AM.

sounds fine to me, let them do whatever dumb shit they want to, if some win Darwin awards somehow i'll be there to laugh at and tell others how retarded they were.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It usually does actually, at least on the internet. Hell, the only reason this is a thing at all is because media gave it attention; it all just started as a smart ass post that said something to the effect of "man, don't those things look tasty? Kinda like candy?" and then some retard did it for realz.

Insert the news harping about it like it was something that was an epidemic (remember when teens were supposedly soaking tampons in vodka and shoving them up their asses? Ooh, how about "rainbow parties"? Remember how snap bracelets in school supposedly was a secret signal about what sex acts you'd be willing to perform? Anon anon) and people then enact it because lead paint chips.

Bringing attention to it doesn't help anyone, just sssshhhh and let nature sort itself out.

Tide Pod Challenge: When you want to thin the herd, AND smell fresh and clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It usually does actually, at least on the internet. Hell, the only reason this is a thing at all is because media gave it attention; it all just started as a smart ass post that said something to the effect of "man, don't those things look tasty? Kinda like candy?" and then some retard did it for realz.

Insert the news harping about it like it was something that was an epidemic (remember when teens were supposedly soaking tampons in vodka and shoving them up their asses? Ooh, how about "rainbow parties"? Remember how snap bracelets in school supposedly was a secret signal about what sex acts you'd be willing to perform? Anon anon) and people then enact it because lead paint chips.

Bringing attention to it doesn't help anyone, just sssshhhh and let nature sort itself out.
    Let's not forget all the people that create dumb memes about it (and everything else that is remotely retarded) and spread it everywhere like wildfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post

Wait, what?

When?

So how many people are actually doing this? 5? 6?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, what?

When?
    Never. Didn't happen. These things are media created.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Enough for countless memes and a bigzo thread.
    Anything related to washing pods in my country has stuff like "lock them up safe and sound and out of reach of children" in their TV adverts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Never. Didn't happen. These things are media created.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

When did the media do a story about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Enough for countless memes and a bigzo thread.

And for an All-Pro Tight end to take part in an campaign to discourage people from doing it.

And for an All-Pro Tight end to take part in an campaign to discourage people from doing it.
    I'll have to google that since I don't use such buzz words.

[edit] Oh no wonder, it's some sports thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to google that since I don't use such buzz words.

Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots. One of the best Tight ends, probably ever (jury is still out on that one.)

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...ting-challenge

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think things like this came about when the internet came about.

A part of it is wanting to either be or be a part of the newest thing on the internet, or just poor attempts at being hilarious.

The "Fire in the Hole" pranks are the only ones I found entertaining though.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/fi...he-hole/24461/
    That is not entertaining for me. It is stupid. When my kids were still home and in college and they did something like that, I would have chewed their asses out. Even as adults I would give them a lecture. But thankfully never had to do any of that. The worse was getting a call they had ran off the road , going too fast around a curve and it was snowing.