Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Havoc: Demonic vs Chaos Blade

So I was wondering, my DH is only 915 though. But I am simming almost equal with a bit higher in demonic build, but considering the RNG of the demonic build, is the old chaos blade spec still good? I was wondering whether demonic outscales CB.
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    So I was wondering, my DH is only 915 though. But I am simming almost equal with a bit higher in demonic build, but considering the RNG of the demonic build, is the old chaos blade spec still good? I was wondering whether demonic outscales CB.
    Hello , with t21 once u get it u will play demonic simply because of the high ilvl. I sim with t21 (965 ilvl ) at almost 2.3m and my cb build t20 its only 2.15m but i have an average ilvl of 933 on it ,so not as good, i plan to farm ToS mythic and hope for 950 titanforged gear and ill be on par with demonic build at 960-965. Hope this helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    Hello , with t21 once u get it u will play demonic simply because of the high ilvl. I sim with t21 (965 ilvl ) at almost 2.3m and my cb build t20 its only 2.15m but i have an average ilvl of 933 on it ,so not as good, i plan to farm ToS mythic and hope for 950 titanforged gear and ill be on par with demonic build at 960-965. Hope this helps
    Just what he said.
    I'm in the same boat with 928t20 and slightly lower gs (960ish): 2.1m with cb and like 2.2m with demonic.

In a perfect world you would want to have both options and swap according to the fight.

Deleted
    I sim 2.3m with 972 T21 and 2,18m with 965 T20, i honestly doubt your T20 sim at least

Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    I sim 2.3m with 972 T21 and 2,18m with 965 T20, i honestly doubt your T20 sim at least
    I think u missunderstood me or i didnt made it clear but my average lvl of t20 is 931.75 to be exact not the entire gear with 915 , 930,935 and 950... But once i get at home id be happy to link some sims. Overall with cb and t20 i think i have 955 or so ilvl

Been playing demonic since nighthold and outdoing CB build since then also.
    People always talk about sims but forget that sim is only the maximum that char can do if you play perfectly.

Test out which play style works better, as a mythic raider i still have been getting more out of demonic for long before demonic was cool to most people.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Deleted
    I think u missunderstood me or i didnt made it clear but my average lvl of t20 is 931.75 to be exact not the entire gear with 915 , 930,935 and 950... But once i get at home id be happy to link some sims. Overall with cb and t20 i think i have 955 or so ilvl
    So you mean only your T20 set, those 4 pieces are average 933? Yes, then i missunderstood, thought you meant your whole gear^^ My bad then

Deleted
    People always talk about sims but forget that sim is only the maximum that char can do if you play perfectly.

Test out which play style works better, as a mythic raider i still have been getting more out of demonic for long before demonic was cool to most people.
    This is really really rare. This could only in Nighthold happened if the other guildmate DH was pretty bad or he was alone.
    I swear nobody, who played top DPS-DH in Nighthold played demonic!

Kezuma is right anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    The range is in the CB build, not in the demonic build...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The range is in the CB build, not in the demonic build...
    With 915, yes.
    With higher gear it switches.
    While CS gets more and more fluent (next to no need of glaives while cs is up) demonic gets really fucked of with massive orb spawns if you have to dodge shit and collect orbs randomly.
    But then again: with 950/960/970 demonic t21 sims 100-200k higher on average than cs.

Id imagine demonic is also nicer for aoe fights, no? Im only 902 on my dh so havent gotten into hc antorus yet. Feel is its ww monks dominating the melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybird View Post

It has nothing to do with demonic being cool or not cool, it has to do with the fact that t21 bonuses are all based around eye beam so you automatically swap to demonic.
    I know you were probably being sarcastic anyway but yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like demonic for the low overall downtime. I found there were huge gaps in Chaos Blades where you could end up looking at buttons.
    Delmore - Warrior
    Delmoré - Demon Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    It has nothing to do with demonic being cool or not cool, it has to do with the fact that t21 bonuses are all based around eye beam so you automatically swap to demonic.
    I know you were probably being sarcastic anyway but yeah.
    i wasn't, was using Crit/haste build with demonic and first blood during t20.

T20 was the same it locks you in to talent/s choices.

Do u guys find ur competitive with the t21 demonic build? And how do u manage in m+?

Is it still ok to run the Blades build ? I have 2 pc T20 i930 rest of gear is a mix of Normal and Heroic Antorus.

For some reason just not a big fan of Demonic build

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Is it still ok to run the Blades build ? I have 2 pc T20 i930 rest of gear is a mix of Normal and Heroic Antorus.

For some reason just not a big fan of Demonic build
    Ye, but mythic pieces are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybird View Post
    i wasn't, was using Crit/haste build with demonic and first blood during t20.

T20 was the same it locks you in to talent/s choices.
    Then you do know that you ran with an inferior spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    And still beat the shit out of quite a few demon hunters. the point the "inferior spec" was the "inferior spec" regardless of weather it was 1% behind or 99% behind.

Far to meny people looked at sim and child mode into doing what they were told instead of testing it.
    Sure if u could play both at high level then CB won out, but that was a small number of people who could do both at that level.

Given how punished u are for fucking up a single gcd in chaos blade the majority of player didn't get the dps out of chaos blades and would of probs done far more had they flipped to demonic.

Alot of people point out the "best" without remembering the vast majority cant play near that level.
    As i said before my overall point was that CB only overtook demonic if u were good at CB.
    As a mythic raider i pulled more as demonic than cb for that exact reason.

Edit - figured i should point out i dont care about the cock size games that are logs although a few of my friend do. As long as im keeping up with the guild and in the top pack i dont care. im also the guy who volunteers for stuff so that might be a thing.
    Last edited by Teddybird; 2018-02-25 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post

Salty guy without high TFed T20 is salty