Poll: What is your opinion on Turalyon?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Does anyone like Turalyon?

Since Turalyon has finally come back, I've seen little else but either complete indifference to him, or just blatant dislike. Clearly blizzard wanted this to be a big moment: the hero coming back with his golden light sword and hero wife to lead the armies of good against evil! But then he came, people saw him, and the general opinion seems to be that he's just bland and lifeless. Nothing fun about him, he's just there. Or as I've seen a few people in the RP community mention: Oh look they took one of the greatest human heroes, tossed him in futuristic space armor and made him use Draenei words while riding on his Elekk.

I've yet to see anyone actually like Turalyon. I've known a few who liked what he used to be in WC2 and the ToD book, but not like this new Legion (and chronicles which retconned a bit) iteration. I've seen no one going "Oh, can't wait to see what he does in BfA". Just a big, vague, "Meh, who cares."

So, do you like Turalyon? If not, why, and do you think there anything they can do to make him more likable as a character?

EDIT: Please don't make this an Alliance vs Horde thing. I'm speaking of Turalyon the character specifically.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

i gotta admit lorewise i didn't know anything about him before legion, but doing all the argus stuff he's just like meh to me. is he actually cooler?

Deleted
    I don't care for him. He's just another Human Paladin and they literally killed off Tirion Fordring to make room for him.

He also seems to lack any kind of flavour imo., almost like a cardboard cutout of a Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked him in the books, hate him in Legion. He's become a tool with zero personality. ''Xe'ra said so, so thats how it is.''
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

He's another example why Blizzard should stop using old characters who served their purpose, but instead they take them into directions nobody actually wants. Turalyon could've simply stayed as a hero who fought off the orcs in the First and Second war, now he's some zealot in shiny gear thinking he accomplishes things. I'm liking the opportunity to fight him as Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    i gotta admit lorewise i didn't know anything about him before legion, but doing all the argus stuff he's just like meh to me. is he actually cooler?
    He kinda was in the ToD novel where he struggled with his self doubt and had to build his way up towards greatness.

Then in Chronicles, to make way for Legion, they made him a generic action movie hero who never struggles and is a master leader who is the primary reason the Alliance was formed. I love Chronicles, but that change was really, really, stupid.

It's not a question of like him or not. He's just there. While he definitely hasn't lived up to the hype, he hasn't done anything to make us hate him (see Tyrande/Malfurion, Sylvanas). He's too inconsequential to matter. We easily could have had pretty much the same story with a random Draenai character in that role.

The character wasn't written how most people were hoping for, I think. My personal opinion is that all this naaru, jagged edges, space glow-take on the Light and paladin's is awkward, and it isn't what I connect it with. I like the crusader approach, purging the plague, getting in gritty places to cleanse the bad. I would be much more happy just seeing they put up a Church that looked ravaged in the middle of Fel. Not a yellow spaceship. Not armor that looks like 870 gear. Maybe bald? Not a thousand year old sex-machine.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He's another example why Blizzard should stop using old characters who served their purpose, but instead they take them into directions nobody actually wants. Turalyon could've simply stayed as a hero who fought off the orcs in the First and Second war, now he's some zealot in shiny gear thinking he accomplishes things. I'm liking the opportunity to fight him as Horde.
    Yeah they could have kept him as the quintessential knight. Wearing knight armor, praising the light and not the naaru and so on. I mean he is pretty much the last great Knight of Lordaeron and the last of of the 5 original Paladins.

But then he comes back and he's a Draenei without horns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Illidan should have him finished right after this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He's so fucking boring.

There isn't a single damn thing that he brings to the table. He's just a generic lawful stupid human paladin who's lived 'a thousand years' because reasons.

Him and his wife need to go

Pretty much every generic good guy paladin before him was more interesting.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

I like him, we need someone who blindly believes in the light. Not everyone has to be deep/edge in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    The character wasn't written how most people were hoping for, I think. My personal opinion is that all this naaru, jagged edges, space glow-take on the Light and paladin's is awkward, and it isn't what I connect it with. I like the crusader approach, purging the plague, getting in gritty places to cleanse the bad. I would be much more happy just seeing they put up a Church that looked ravaged in the middle of Fel. Not a yellow spaceship. Not armor that looks like 870 gear.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Maybe bald? Not a thousand year old sex-machine.
    balding = high testosterone level = sex-machine

I never cared much for him. I remember i already kind of "disliked" him in the books. But then the same goes for Khadgar. Turalyon worship Xe'ra was interesting but then after her death it was not a thing anymore, so yeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I don't care for him. He's just another Human Paladin and they literally killed off Tirion Fordring to make room for him.

He also seems to lack any kind of flavour imo., almost like a cardboard cutout of a Paladin.
    Agree with this, Tirion was a bit more interesting seems like they killed him off to make Turalyon the 2.0 version and it isn't going across well.

Do I like the painfully generic middle-aged human male Lawful Good Paladin with an elven archer chick as a wife, who has a half-elf child, a mediocre voice actor, the most cliché dialog for a Paladin in history, close to no real story presence and who doesn't even have the decency to be a badass in the scenes he does appear in since Blizzard decided to wimpify him in order to make Illidank look cool?

Is that really a question?

He and his wife brought two of the worst choices for Allied Races to the Alliance.

They shoulda remained lost as a result.

Deleted
    He's been reintroduced as a fodder to make Illidan more likeable...

They could have done so much more with him...

He's been weird and creepy since he came back. I wasn't all that into him before, so that pushes him into the negative for me.