Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance Upset about Zandalari Druid Forms? Night Elf Archdruids!

Just thinking about you guys, and feeling bad for those who are feeling, erm jealous I suppose about the Horde-Bias, specifically the Zandalari Druid forms.

I play both Horde and Alliance, favoring neither one really. I'm seeing some luv go into the Zandalari's for sure, that isn't totally represented the same for the Alliance so far.
    No problem! Because on the idea of Druids, I believe there is a middle-ground here.
    Unless there are serious lore-implications that this won't work, however we know very well that Lore develops, new things happen!

Night Elf Druids should be able to unlock 'Archdruid' customization akin to the Demon Hunter's variety.

And unlocking them should be akin to an Allied Race questline, and rep gain.

But let me be clear, I'm not saying these should be an "Allied Race"!

Warcraft has always included some special-snowflake Night Elves with cool antlers, tattoos, claws, extra fur etc.
    And we've always wanted these too! Especially you Druids out there.
    This being said, it only happens to be coincidence that Malfurion and Broll Bearmantle are "Archdruids" and bear Antlers/other animal traits.

In Legion, your Druid character becomes an Archdruid, in which there are 'few' of. So this actually quells a big problem already.

At this point in time, Night Elf Druid player-characters of the max level are now Archdruids too.

With the addition of the Highmountain Tauren in Legion, we've learned that Huln Highmountain was blessed by Cenarius, and therefore all his descendants would carry the blessing and grow Antlers instead of Horns.

What I'm suggesting is that the esteemed Night Elf Druids that you play as, should be able to earn this sort of Blessing from Cenarius too.
    In fact, I believe we've all earned some Blessings from this guy. Only we're trying to balance some 'favoritism' here.

You may be thinking "Blizzard's not going to let you become Malfurion or She-Malfurion"
    I almost agree! Only thing is, they did it with Illidan and the DH's. So what's the harm in honoring the other Stormrage brother now?

Implementing a questline, and rep gain with the Cenarion Circle, one that you directly interact with Malfurion and Cenarius again would suffice perfectly.
    Like I said, you really do already deserve his blessing. Your bravery saved Azeroth, and Cenarius in the Emerald Nightmare during Legion.
    It's more than what Huln did.

So this would basically work like a new Allied Race, but without the need to level up again. Instead, this is applied to your current Druid character.

Customization can include;
    Antlers! All of the antlers!
    New face-markings for male and female
    Runes/Tattoos
    Fur, Feathers or Plantlife on the elbows/shoulders/arms
    Claws

You might be thinking, "NO! NO MORE EELVES!" and I hear you, but let's be honest. I believe Night Elf Druids actually deserve this and have for a while, regardless of what the Zandalari are getting.

If the Lightforged Draenei are a completely new race, you could argue these could be an Allied Race too,
    but it's more lore-breaking to have an Antler-ed Nelf become the Archdruid in Legion, when they're already running about with traits that usually mean you're destined for greatness.

Thoughts or Concerns? Would you be happy with this implementation to Balance the 'bias'?
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2018-03-14 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Seems like a lot of work for a single race/class. All of that would have to have armor models redone where as Zandalari just transform.
    Armor models would not need to be redone. See the Highmountain Tauren for reference.

Or Demon Hunters.

Blizzard invests a lot of time creating new assets for one allied race and your solution is to have them spend an equal amount of time on not only a race, but a single class for a single race. I think the idea is neat, but I also think its a tremendous waste of time and will appeal to a fraction of a fraction of the player base.

7+ Year Old Account
    A simple "Archdruid" transmog-set that looks similiar to Malfurion's Gear would do the same. Legion would have been the perfect time to do something like this, but well ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Equip T1 helmet and there you go!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    A simple "Archdruid" transmog-set that looks similiar to Malfurion's Gear would do the same. Legion would have been the perfect time to do something like this, but well ...
    One thing I forgot to mention in the main post was that it seems kind of sad that all of the Night Elf Druids have to suffice with transmogs for this currently.

Designing a new armor set actually may take more time than the customization options.

Blizzard's artists are fast workers. Don't underestimate that because of pipe-line development. If you've watched other developers, you'll learn quickly that they enjoy their work, and when they do it's lightning fast. Far quicker than anyone gives them credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids already get the most attention out of every class in the game. They not only have 4 specs to design/balance, but each spec also gets a unique form (with several variants) to design on top of unique travel forms that are all race specific.

They don't need to suck up more dev time than they already do. In fact, if anything, they need to delete one of their specs and bring them back down to 3 specs like the rest of us.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Druids already get the most attention out of every class in the game. They not only have 4 specs to design/balance, but each spec also gets a unique form to design on top of unique travel forms that are all race specific.

They don't need to suck up more dev time than they already do. In fact, if anything, they need to delete one of their specs and bring them back down to 3 specs like the rest of us.
    Yeah, would like to see the other classes get some love as well, like in the shape of customization items, e.g. visible scabbard for warriors and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Yeah, would like to see the other classes get some love as well, like in the shape of customization items, e.g. visible scabbard for warriors and so on.
    Agreed. Druids get more than enough attention. Time to look at the other classes and give them some flavor as well.

Quivers for Hunters, 3rd spec for DH, Warrior scabbards or maybe battle standards, more DK pet variants, class specific quests to unlock cool stuff like the Warlock's green fire quest, etc.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Agreed. Druids get more than enough attention. Time to look at the other classes and give them some flavor as well.

Quivers for Hunters, 3rd spec for DH, Warrior scabbards or maybe battle standards, more DK pet variants, class specific quests to unlock cool stuff like the Warlock's green fire quest, etc.
    Kegs for monks please!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Haha well now

Didn't realize I needed to clarify

I don't even play a Night Elf, or a Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Kegs for monks please!
    Heck, as a Monk I'd be satisfied if they just fixed Zen Flight and CJL for BrMs. Fix these broken abilities before giving Druids more flavor abilities, Blizz!

One of the things I feel like Warhammer Online did right was their classes. The factions didn't share classes, sometimes the equivalent from the opposing faction even played mechanically different (iirc witch hunter was more ranged stealth, witch elf was more melee/durable stealth). This was even true inside the same faction every race had their own classes. I thought this really put emphasis on lore and flavor for the races, it really made each race seem different.

I always wanted this for wow, having special classes for certain races (orc blademaster, tauren chieftein, night elf archdruids/sentinels ) even if it was just aesthetically different from main archetypes. However, I feel it is too late to head down this direction. Plus I feel like I'm in the minority as we can already see people asking for more race/class combos.

We have had a couple of examples of asymmetry in the past with wow. First, was paladins/shamans being restricted to their respective factions. We also had priests that had racially different spells in the past. Both of these to me were great examples of providing flavor to the faction/class (yes balancing would of been more difficult but I believe it creates a more immersive atmosphere) but people pushed for having equal tools across the board so we lost both.

Demon hunters were a big surprise and I was ecstatic about them but we already see people asking for them to be opened up as well.

TLDR: I like your idea and would like to see more, but i think the general populace just wants to play any class on any race (because they like the looks) and will accept any change of lore to do so. For most people choice >>>> flavor.
    Last edited by Caladuz; 2018-03-14 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladuz View Post
    One of the things I feel like Warhammer Online did right was their classes. The factions didn't share classes, sometimes the equivalent from the opposing faction even played mechanically different (iirc witch hunter was more ranged stealth, witch elf was more melee/durable stealth). This was even true inside the same faction every race had their own classes. I thought this really put emphasis on lore and flavor for the races, it really made each race seem different.
    and now imagine how hellish was it for devs of WH online to balance. and still in the end it was 4 classes for race. okay that can LOOK more than in wow, but in warcraft there is very little "unique" classes for every race to create this. and i don't want wow to turn in BDO online where is 1 class gender and race restricted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kul Tiran wood druids will equate to Zandalari, though I prefer the extra they put into dinos.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Kul Tiran wood druids will equate to Zandalari, though I prefer the extra they put into dinos.
    Just saw the Bear Form

Prophecy or did you see it already?

This is something I've wanted for years now! Although really, antlers should just be option for male nelves regardless of class as they can be born with them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Just saw the Bear Form

Prophecy or did you see it already?

Prophecy... #Nondisclosure
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

There is a an artist who did some really cool peices/fan art of their own take on updated balance forms (both Moonkin and a more humanoid version) for the old druid races

I really wish blizz would do something like this for the OG races

You know I never understood why people were freaking out about the Zandalari Druids. Unlike the popular beleif Blizzard is usually pretty equal when it comes to cool stuff. They even gave Paladins to the Horde! Also people cried about bias when the information was from ALPHA LEAKS which waaas? NOT a completed version of the game! Who knows what we will see in the future.
    Also I hope they add some cool stuff to the existing races, too. So I agree!
    Last edited by Magister of Quelthalas; 2018-03-15 at 01:13 AM.