Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Solution:

1. Turn on PvP.
    2. Still get ignored by the other faction 90% of the time anyway because most of them just want to farm with the bonus.

It's exactly the same on PvP servers now, even if you're on the "wrong end" of faction imbalance. Most players just aren't interested in world PvP.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Solution:

1. Turn on PvP.
    2. Still get ignored by the other faction 90% of the time anyway because most of them just want to farm with the bonus.

It's exactly the same on PvP servers now, even if you're on the "wrong end" of faction imbalance. Most players just aren't interested in world PvP.
    I'd say not having these bonuses would show Blizzard how little of the population actually wants to participate in world pvp and will then maybe once and for all stop devoting resources to it

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Doesnt apply when its about pvp. Sorry mate.
    "It doesn't count because reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is pure bullshit, and you know it. No one actually PvP out in the world any way. There are a few ganks here and there but thats like once a week.
    then why does it matter if you turn pvp on?

seems like there's no difference at all so it's a win-win

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You are not getting "less rewards". The rewards you get from PvE questing right now, will be the the same rewards you'll get from PvE questing in BfA. You won't be getting less. You'll get the exact same.

Yes, you are. You are ignoring the fact that players who decide to quest with PvP mode on will, on average, take more time to finish questing, due to the fact that, marked for PvP, they'll be valid targets for other PvP'ers. Fighting to survive against other players will make questing take longer. Worse yet if you end up dead and you need to do a corpse run. Without flying. Or even worse yet: they are corpse-camping you, so your only alternatives are either wait out until the gankers get bored, or you just do a graveyard rez and take a 75% penalty to all your stats for 10 minutes, which would, again, slow down your questing by a considerable amount.

All that happens in PvP. So it's logical that, if you flag yourself for PvP while questing, you get extra rewards for your troubles.

Remember: by not flagging yourself for PvP, you are not getting any less rewards than you currently get from questing.

We don't know yet what the rewards will be, so saying that, at the present moment, is complete bullshit.

You'll still get the exact same amount of rewards you can currently get on live.

This is another bullshit statement, because all it does is to emphasize your greed and jealousy. Get this through your head: this not a "loot toggle". Toggling on PvP means you're sticking your neck out to the very real danger of having it chopped off by other players, which would make questing take longer than it would with PvP toggled off. Worse yet if you die and have to do a corpse run. Without flying. Even worse yet if you get corpse-camped.

I'm almost hoping the extra rewards turn out to be double XP, gold, rep and a 'double titanforge' on the gear you get from it, just to aggravate you. You're complaining like a petulant, self-entitled child whining that his brother was given a bigger allowance that week since he washed the car, while you just sat on the couch, watching TV, as your brother worked.

You keep on throwing out words like "being punished" without even realizing the word doesn't even come close to applying here. You're not being penalized. PvP players are being compensated for the extra risk/effort they go through. You're not gonna get less than what you're already getting, here. So it's not a punishment.
    It doesn't matter how you look at it. One group gets better rewards for doing the same content.
    If you're just here to insults others that do not share your views then you should probably leave. It's childish and petty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Solution:

1. Turn on PvP.

Indeed but some people actually played on PvE servers and they are forced into this now for no real reason.

It's optional, your rant has no merit...

It doesn't matter how you look at it. One group gets better rewards for doing the same content.
    Thanks for admitting you only see what you want to see, and completely dismiss and/or ignoring everything that goes against your argument. It's not exactly the 'same content'. One way does not incurs the very likely possibility of being attacked by other players, which, I shall remind you again, slows down your questing speed.

Your argument is akin to saying the players who do LFR should get the exact same rewards as the players who do Mythic raiding, down to the same item level, model graphics, and even same special drops (mounts, pets, etc).

If you're just here to insults others that do not share your views then you should probably leave. It's childish and petty.
    Statements of fact are not 'insulting' someone. That's how you've been acting.

Thanks for admitting you only see what you want to see, and completely dismiss and/or ignoring everything that goes against your argument. It's not exactly the 'same content'. One way does not incurs the very likely possibility of being attacked by other players, which, I shall remind you again, slows down your questing speed.

Your argument is akin to saying the players who do LFR should get the exact same rewards as the players who do Mythic raiding, down to the same item level, model graphics, and even same special drops (mounts, pets, etc).

Statements of fact are not 'insulting' someone. That's how you've been acting.
    You're grasping at straws here and you're using your own feelings and opinions as "facts". That as also one of the reasons I don't really see a point in taking up all of you "arguments". It's pointless.

You're grasping at straws here and you're using your own feelings and opinions as "facts".
    "Opinions as 'facts'." You're making more of a fool of yourself with each post.
    • Being a valid target to other PvP players when you toggle PvP on is not "an opinion". It's a fact;
    • Having to spend more time questing because you're being attacked by other PvP players is not "an opinion". It's a fact;
    • Having to waste time returning to your corpse after being killed by other PvP players while questing is not "an opinion". It's a fact;
    • Being corpse-camped a possibility with PvP on is not "an opinion". It's a fact;
    • Saying that PvE and PvP players are not doing "the exact same content" is not "an opinion". It's a fact.

So I guess I should add 'opinion' and 'fact' to the list of words you don't know the meaning of.

That as also one of the reasons I don't really see a point in taking up all of you "arguments". It's pointless.
    Stop with the projection. All my arguments have been based off on verifiable facts. You, on the other hand, is the only one using "opinions as facts", here, especially since you completely disregard and ignore the very real fact that turning PvP on incurs negative effects to your questing experience.

But, hey, do keep on making arguments that are akin to saying LFR-exclusive players should get the exact same rewards as mythic raiders, down to the same item level, model graphics and special drops. Or that you should get the same allowance as your brother despite the fact he worked to wash the family car while you sat in front the TV watching cartoons.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2018-04-16 at 01:14 PM.

"Opinions as 'facts'." You're making more of a fool of yourself with each post.
    • Being a valid target to other PvP players when you toggle PvP on is not "an opinion". It's a fact;
    • Having to spend more time questing because you're being attacked by other PvP players is not "an opinion". It's a fact;
    • Having to waste time returning to your corpse after being killed by other PvP players while questing is not "an opinion". It's a fact;
    • Being corpse-camped a possibility with PvP on is not "an opinion". It's a fact;
    • Saying that PvE and PvP players are not doing "the exact same content" is not "an opinion". It's a fact.

So I guess I should add 'opinion' and 'fact' to the list of words you don't know the meaning of.

Stop with the projection. All my arguments have been based off on verifiable facts. You, on the other hand, is the only one using "opinions as facts", here, especially since you completely disregard and ignore the very real fact that turning PvP on incurs negative effects to your questing experience.

But, hey, do keep on making arguments that are akin to saying LFR-exclusive players should get the exact same rewards as mythic raiders, down to the same item level, model graphics and special drops. Or that you should get the same allowance as your brother despite the fact he worked to wash the family car while you sat in front the TV watching cartoons.
    Do you not see the irony here?
    My intrest in discussing this with you ended with you resorting to petty insults though. You're wasting your time here.

How? I want no part of PvP, thats it. It has nothing to do with greed.
    The only type of people who complain about this sort of thing are people who try too hard to gear their toons up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Why is Blizzard trying to force PvP down the throats of people who just don't want it? I couldn't care less about PvP, I just wanna do the PvE content personally, but in Battle for Azeroth it seems that if I want the best possible reward and outcome I NEED to be PvP enabled.

Now, this wouldn't be too bad... If it weren't for asshole players who like to fuck with other people for no other reason than to be a dickweed. Let's say you're in, I dunno, Stormsong Valley. You're level 111, just doing some quests, going about your business, wishing the Vulpera were an allied race, when suddenly a band of three or four 120's who know that everyone in the zone are gonna be marked for PvP, rush in and start killing them left and right, camping corpses, ganking them because they like being assholes. Hell, Blizzard will even ENCOURAGE ganking considering at 120, you'll be able to visit the opposite faction's island. And ONLY at 120. So basically, while leveling, they're asking you to level while being harassed by 120 Horde/Alliance players who want to be assholes for the sake of being assholes.
    The only way to solve it now would be to turn off "War Mode" until they get bored, or some of your own faction's 120's come and fight them off.

THEY ARE PUNISHING PLAYERS WHO PLAY THE GAME HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY IT.
    Isn't that what Blizz has done ever since Classic? Try to push players into playing how Blizz wants them to play?
    Impeach the MF.

Do you not see the irony here?
    My intrest in discussing this with you ended with you resorting to petty insults though. You're wasting your time here.
    And yet you can't resist replying?

I'm sorry you have such thin skin that being called out on your behavior insults you that much, but that's exactly what you've been doing in this thread. You've been complaining, over and over, because others are going to "get more rewards" than you are, completely ignoring the fact that those other players are going through more hoops to complete their quests than you are. Again, your argument is akin to saying LFR and mythic raid rewards should be the exact same, no difference whatsoever.

This is also very funny because you decided to focus on that small part of my previous posts where you decided to take offense to (maybe because it hits too close to home, I wonder?), while completely ignoring the actual facts that tank your argument into the gutter.

And yet you can't resist replying?

I'm sorry you have such thin skin that being called out on your behavior insults you that much, but that's exactly what you've been doing in this thread. You've been complaining, over and over, because others are going to "get more rewards" than you are, completely ignoring the fact that those other players are going through more hoops to complete their quests than you are. Again, your argument is akin to saying LFR and mythic raid rewards should be the exact same, no difference whatsoever.

This is also very funny because you decided to focus on that small part of my previous posts where you decided to take offense to (maybe because it hits too close to home, I wonder?), while completely ignoring the actual facts that tank your argument into the gutter.
    No, it's more that when you feel the need to use insults you don't really have an argument and it just turns into a flamefest.
    I mean, you're still doing it here. You're attacking me and not the arguments. It'll lead nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The only type of people who complain about this sort of thing are people who try too hard to gear their toons up.
    "Too hard"? Maybe. It's what the game is about. Gearing up and clearing the hardets content is what I enjoy. PvP is not.

No, it's more that when you feel the need to use insults you don't really have an argument and it just turns into a flamefest.
    I mean, you're still doing it here. You're attacking me and not the arguments. It'll lead nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

"Too hard"? Maybe. It's what the game is about. Gearing up and clearing the hardets content is what I enjoy. PvP is not.
    I don't like PvP either, but I don't care if people who do it get a slight boost because they will be dead most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Some of my greatest memories, the ones I talk to people about are world PvP from back when my server was a PvP server. Randomly getting ganked, getting revenge, people calling in friends with it escalating into a mass brawl, now that is fun. Even now I like to go defend warden towers etc (Yes that does include stealth/typhoon off the top occasionally)

I may not be very good at PvP and I may lose more often than I win but you can be sure I will give PvP mode a good go.
    This is the camp that I am in.

First server I ever played on was PvE (Zul'jin). Had a nephew that played on that server and I didn't understand the difference between pvp and pve servers. My nephew quit a week after I started, so I moved to a PvP server (Magtheridon) to game with some coworkers. As much as I hated getting ganked repeatedly (I started in Sept 2006, so just about everyone had 60's while I was leveling up), my guild was also all about running around and helping us out when we'd get ganked.

I'm terrible at PvP. TERRIBLE. But I like the idea of switching it on/off in-city, and I like the idea that if I put it on, I get extra rewards. It's an optional game mode, and I love that they're moving to this. I'll definitely give it a whirl just to check it out, and I like the idea of the bounty system that I saw datamined.

Just wish that they would have done this a year ago rather than for BfA, else I wouldn't have moved 5 toons to a PvE server. lol.

Thanks, again, for proving you only see what you want to see and completely ignore what goes against your narrative.

My post wasn't just that single paragraph you decide to took offense to. You completely ignored the majority of the post and decided to focus on that small part. Which is very ironic and quite hypocritical, when you're accusing me of "not really having an argument", since you ignore the actual arguments presented.

It's easy to claim the opposition "has no argument" when you ignore them all, right?

What arguments? I've already dealt with them, while you haven't presented any more arguments. All you did in your last four posts was to say "nuh-uh!" and complain about feeling insulted, focusing on the tiny parts of my posts you decided to take offense to, without addressing any of the actual arguments presented.

Deleted
    "It doesn't count because reasons."
    PvP is a niche in wow and not something the entire leveling process should be balanced around.

Sorry if this squeezes your tits

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    PvP is a niche in wow and not something the entire leveling process should be balanced around.
    It's not. Which is why you have an option to toggle it off. I have no idea where you took this ludicrous idea that "PvE questing will be balanced around PvP" from.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I don't like PvP either, but I don't care if people who do it get a slight boost because they will be dead most of the time.
    And thats fine. I do however not think it's fair. As I explained, I prefer a system where PvP rewards PvP-related rewards and nothing else.