Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    I like that they are willing to try new things (new to them). I'm sure they'll do another single player Fallout in a few years. It feels too early for another single player Fallout RPG at this time.

Well, that's kinda disappointing if true. With Far Harbour they gave me glimmers of hope they can actually pull proper RPG off if they put enough effort into it, so was hoping for SP release.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2018-05-30 at 10:17 PM.

Well from the trailer I get the vibe of the vault opening up and everyone going out into the world to be pioneers to re-establish society. Rude awakening ensues...

I would expect more settlement building as everyone tries to make their own ways of things, which should lend this to multiplayer as everyone is out there trying to "fix' the world back to the old ways. I could see this going the far cry 5 route with friends popping in to help you defend a settlement against attacks. however I'm someone that loves the first 20-30 levels of Fallout 4 on survival more than anything, where you feel constant danger. I'd be really glad to see this game go for that feeling of "oh fuck" every time you hear a sound as the general gameplay goes.

Point being, for some unknown reason I'm optimistic. Perhaps because Bethesda hasn't reached EA-levels quite yet. I thought they really redeemed themselves with the Fallout 4 DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Explosive View Post
    No token women in the reveal trailer.
    Yeah, dem girls need to stay out of our videogames! Who do they think they are after all?!

You could at least try not to come off as a reactionary sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nor bionic arms.

Nor people of colour with samurai swords.
    But all the other completely outlandish shit that will likely be in the game is totes fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Please god no.
    Yeah, if it's actually a Fallout-themed Rust clone, I'm 100% out.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hope: Single Player game with co-op experience of 1-4 players, like many hoped Fallout 4 would have a 2 player co-op with the main character and his wife/companion.

My Expectation: Either a Battle Royale game, a completely unheard of genre for Fallout, or a survival PvP oriented game.

Though the lore background for Vault 76 places it as one of the actual Control group vaults that never got any Social Experiementation done on it, it was an actual Vault designed to save the American populace, set to open 20 years after the bombs fell. If anything other than that is revealed as the background for the vault it will be a retcon, which is going to piss me off.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Oh cool, strip what little RPG element are left out of Fallout and replace them with tacked on multiplayer and survival gameplay. Surely this is what we've all been waiting for. Hopefully it will have zombi- Feral Ghouls as the only enemies so that Bethesda can replicate the smashing success of Metal Gear Survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nor bionic arms.

Nor people of colour with samurai swords.
    You can say "black people," you know.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Yeah, if it's actually a Fallout-themed Rust clone, I'm 100% out.
    i comply agree.

Deleted
    Made a properly named thread for the game, with an OP that I'll edit once more info comes available:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ead-Fallout-76

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Made a properly named thread for the game, with an OP that I'll edit once more info comes available:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ead-Fallout-76
    Already asked the mods to edit this one

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Already asked the mods to edit this one
    I think it's better to have a new fresh thread for the actual game, because this thread is 29 pages long of useless shitposting about the stream. Easier to navigate and have actual discussion about the game when we get more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I won't lie, my first reaction to the leaks was disappointment. I always found the world and story of fallout games to be the greatest draw, but specifically the story of the war, event leading to it and the mystery behind vault tech. And the idea of reclamation of old technology, hence always loving the BoS and Enclave.

So I have serious fears as to how much of it will be in 76. It being set in the early decades after the war and being the earliest date of any of the games, it seems like a rather important thing from story perspective. Yet games like ark and rust are not known for a well developed narrative.

On top of that words "online service" were thrown around, making me even more skeptical. Guess we have to wait for E3, I'll be hoping that leaks are fake and or wrong.