View Poll Results: Should children be separated from adults in detention facilities?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes

94 32.75%
  • No

193 67.25%
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This was litterally their *hold my beer* moment.

and boy was it a doozie.
    I wonder how they're going to spin it when Trump's trade policies are either backtracked on or drive the country into recession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Either way, people who stand against this despicable thing really better be voting in the next elections. Otherwise, this shit'll keep getting worse.

Deleted
    looks like Trump is backing down and will just go back to the Obama era policy or deporting entire families back to violence and poverty together.

No.

Keep them together, deport them. As long as illegal immigration is permitted, the foundation of a nation state and the rule of law is endangered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    No.

Keep them together, deport them. As long as illegal immigration is permitted, the foundation of a nation state and the rule of law is endangered.
    How about we change the law so they aren't illegal.

Would you stop complaining then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Way more people outed themselves over this one. I'm sure a few more shitheads will emerge with each subsequent evil act by Trump, but most of them should now be known.
    We're not even two years in and we went from defending pedophiles and racist to now holding babies hostage. I am scared to think what they will do to top this one, satanic sacrifices maybe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We're not even two years in and we went from defending pedophiles and racist to now holding babies hostage. I am scared to think what they will do to top this one, satanic sacrifices maybe?
    Only if it's done in Jebus name!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    These things usually escalate rather than peter out.

No, don’t even detain them. Just don’t let them in

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    No, from planet earth.
    So why would they be any different in another point of the planet Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So why would they be any different in another point of the planet Earth?
    Different in which aspect? I am not sure what you want right now. More details, more context.

I am just looking forward to hearing from people saying the good old President is doing the right thing after signing this order after a week of hardcore defending not doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a Hot Dog place in my neighborhood that has become famous for it's signs decided to take another swing at Trump....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifest...619-story.html
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Treating asylum-seekers like illegal immigrants has no justification,
    You cannot claim asylum after breaking a countries immigration laws. Had they walked to an embassy or the gate and asked for asylum there would be an entirely different set of rules in play. That does not happen for the majority of the illegals because they try to circumvent the laws and enter illegally first. When they are then caught, they claim asylum. That doesn't work after the fact.

Do you actually know what the asylum laws says? I doubt you do but I'll tell you.

International law requires that refugees fleeing a country & seeking asylum do so in the very first country they enter, providing that country will not continue to persecute them. In the instances of the Central, South & Latin American refugees, that country would be Mexico, not the US as Mexico is not persecuting them.

They are the very definition of illegal immigrants by international law and our own.

especially when we rip children from their parents.
    Do you know how the process works because children are not ripped from parents arms. Parents actually give up their children taking the option to be prosecuted instead if keeping their kids. It goes like this:

when a foreign national is caught illegally crossing the US border, they are detained by border patrol and placed in a temporary holding facility. wherein they are processed and eventually deported. If the illegal alien has children with them, the process is markedly different.

The parents (or adult guardians) and the children are housed together (at US taxpayer expense) for twenty days. During those twenty days they are advised as to the laws they have broken and they are provided with numerous options to remedy their plight.

They are permitted (without being charged with a crime) to re-cross the border (with their children) into Mexico and make their way to an official checkpoint where they can legally and appropriately seek asylum.

If they refuse that option, and decide to remain in detention, they are told they will be charged with a felony and detained awaiting a deportation order from a US court. The order can take up to several months because of the back log.

During that time, their children will be removed from their custody & placed elsewhere because US & International law forbids the housing or co-mingling of children in adult detention facilities. The children will be placed with other family members currently residing legally in America or with a licensed foster facility until such time as the deportation order is received and executed. At the time of deportation the children are reunited with the parents and taken back across the border as a family through a reciprocity agreement the US has with Mexico.

The illegal aliens are advised NUMEROUS times within those 20 days that they will be charged with felony border crossing should they not return to Mexico voluntarily. In so denying this option, they are told their chances of every getting into the US legally are eliminated.

You see, these people are advised quite well as to their situation and their options. They are treated fairly and humanely. At anytime during the twenty day detention they can opt to return to Mexico voluntarily and attempt to enter the US through proper means and channels, this avoiding a criminal record in the US.

Children are NOT being ripped away from their parents. If the children are removed it is because the parent chose for that to happen.

So you are entirely mislead in what it seems you believe.
    Last edited by quras; 2018-06-20 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Children are NOT being ripped away from their parents. If the children are removed it is because the parent chose for that to happen. So you are entirely mislead in what it seems you believe.
    Yeah, yeah...it's the victims' fault...we've all heard this line of shit before.
    Jesus...Your argument paints you in the same crap as Pruitt and Mulvaney...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, yeah...it's the victims' fault...we've all heard this line of shit before.
    Jesus...Your argument paints you in the same crap as Pruitt and Mulvaney...
    Spoken like something who hates the truth and just puts their fingers in their ears because it doesn't sit well with their delusions. Reality man. Get with it.

Spoken like something who hates the truth and just puts their fingers in their ears because it doesn't sit well with their delusions. Reality man. Get with it.
    I'm sure you call everything Trump deludes and says the "truth."
    Stay in that bubble...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm sure you call everything Trump deludes and says the "truth."
    Stay in that bubble...
    There is that delusion happening to you again. I said nothing of Trump and his truths or lies, I quoted to you what happens in reality of asylum and are children really ripped from parents arms and the laws that have been there since 2002 to which Trump gave real teeth to and enforced what others put in place. All truth and unfortunately the poster I quote had wrong.

You not wanting to see the truth of it it lands you smack right in the middle of fantasy and not reality.

There is that delusion happening to you again. I said nothing of Trump and his truths or lies, I quoted to you what happens in reality of asylum and are children really ripped from parents arms and the laws that have been there since 2002 to which Trump gave real teeth to and enforced what others put in place. All truth and unfortunately the poster I quote had wrong. You not wanting to see the truth of it it lands you smack right in the middle of fantasy and not reality.
    Whatever helps you reconcile the truth that Trump's little gamble had him eating crow...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Why am I being quoted...i didn't say this lol.
    Sorry zenkai fucked up his quote tags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.