Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I did them all when they first came out. Assassination was a joke, it's literally dodge this, walk over that, blind when she gets mad. Sub wasn't too bad but I had done it on my DH first as that is what I was playing at the time, so I had the mechanics down pretty easily but I noticed that it was a lot easier as sub than it was as DH. Outlaw took me a fair few attempts as my damage wasn't great, my artifact was trash so it took a long time to get through but eventually did it.

Difficulty levels

Assassination 1/10

Sub 4/10

Outlaw 8/10

Deleted
    Did them with 920 and sin and outlaw was by far the easiest. Sin was just using your utilitys correct and outlaw just add focus and dodge the balls. Last phase of sub was the hardest considering I had a shit weapon and no good dps leggo.

I beat outlaw with 1 relic at 895 in 3 attempts and assas at 907 in 1 try.

I'm suprised you all rate Outlaw so high. I did it in 2nd attempt @ 918, with Lightblood and Sylvan Elixir but no command center.

Sub on the other hand was pretty difficult, though in part because I'm not used to it. @ 920 I hit enrage in the demon phase and had to kill him standing in the void zone with Evasion and Cloak active. Shadow Step and MfD helped a lot in mirror and frost phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Assa > Sub with leggo cloak > Outlaw with command center and all the buffs > Sub with no cloak > Outlaw without command center
    This is the actual answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    I'm suprised you all rate Outlaw so high. I did it in 2nd attempt @ 918, with Lightblood and Sylvan Elixir but no command center.

Sub on the other hand was pretty difficult, though in part because I'm not used to it. @ 920 I hit enrage in the demon phase and had to kill him standing in the void zone with Evasion and Cloak active. Shadow Step and MfD helped a lot in mirror and frost phases.
    With those items the outlaw challenge is pretty easy

Honestly I felt it very very clearly that

Sub > Assa >>> Outlaw. I did all 3 this evening (Sephuz + Symbiote, ilvl 910-917 varying by spec) after spending the day gearing up. I was reasonably optimised for Outlaw but I expected a real challenge (from all the talk here), then I didn't end up even using my Lightblood elixir because I beat it on the first try. The ability to marked for death reset on all the adds just made it a bit of a cakewalk to be honest, so far this was the easiest challenge I've done of any spec. I guess there just comes a point when you have a maxed out artifact that what was difficult for "reasons" becomes trivial.

Assa and Sub specs I had not played before in Legion so I had to get the hang of them a little but those challenges gave me some trouble and I had to tailor my approach, it really felt like the Outlaw one was just 100% guns blazin faceroll and the other two required some method, anyway due to maxed out artifact again once I had nailed the approach the rest took care of itself.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

all of them are easy now, if we're talkign release?

assa is absolutely trivial and healing pants make them even more trivial so 1/10

for sub if you have cloak+shoulders it was doable with a decent challenge, without them it's practically undoable so its either a 10/10 or a 6/10

outlaw was "roll 5 or lose" so like an 8/10 (ofc u can use those consumables to make it easier but they werent available back then afaik?)
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-07-05 at 02:37 AM.

Assuming you don't over gear the shit out of them, Outlaw is by far the hardest, not because imp mother is hard, but because of how garbage the spec is.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I've changed my mind... In my infinite wisdom today I discovered (when I did the rogue challenges for a friend) that I didn't use deadly poison when I did the Assassin artifact challenge on my rogue, to be fair I haven't played WoW in over a year and I only played Outlaw until now. Doing it for my friend today when changing his bars I noticed the poison, which make it infinitely easier.

So yeah, I guess it helps when you're not cluelesss. Sub > Outlaw => Assa
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Assuming you don't over gear the shit out of them, Outlaw is by far the hardest, not because imp mother is hard, but because of how garbage the spec is.
    lol no.

sylvan elixir + lightforged elixir = cakewalk

Haven't done sub but I feel like both assa and outlaw are easy at this point. I did do outlaw with command center up, but no consumables, if you get hit by a rock you will probably die but apart from that it's simple with MfD on imps. Worst part about Sigryn (assa) is honestly that the pre quest feels like it takes forever (my bad for doing it on several characters in the same day).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination is one of the easiest mage towers I've tried. Completed it with a few tries with the blind strat at 906 ilvl, 1 legendary (the wrists) and no consumables / gems / enchants.
    Outlaw was very frustrating, and I actually bothered to gear up at bit to 914, enchant and gem my gear and used all the consumables, including lightblood elixir, double pot etc. I felt like especially the lightblood made a pretty big difference. Also had to think a lot more about when to use cds and cc the imp servants. Took me approximately 50ish tries.
    Haven't tried sub yet, not sure I wanna put more effort into what is mostly my AH alt.

I've done all three and rank them from easiest to hardest:

1. Assa
    2. Sub
    3. Outlaw

I would say outlaw and sub were fairly even, and not that much harder once you got the hang of it.

Did outlaw other day, I already knew the strat and did it with the belt and the aoe ring (925 ilvl or so). The belt helped a lot for healing, and when I was low on health I looked for the more AS and leech (25%) bones. Pick MfD, and focus on ST the adds, dont aoe. MfD > eviscerate + some autos > dead imp > next, keep all adds dead and you're done. Also keep an eye on falling meteors.

Assa is easy with the leech poison, and knowing the encounter, later I'll try the sub one.

I think I've given up on Sub (as much as it breaks my heart). Im going to focus on Demo and Protection Paladin instead as times running out. I know I could do it without the cloak but I've seen videos and it just looks so tight near the end that Im not going to put myself through that stress.

Its my own fault, I have sin and outlaw and didnt think I wanted Sub so I left it till last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Deleted
    I did outlaw on the 2nd try it was seriously too easy to even be a challenge...
    I did ass on like the 7th try since the mechanics there do require attention to not fuck up, but with leeching its alright
    Sub is just plain and stupidly impossible almost. If you do not have the legendaries to nuke the adds on p2, you are done there. I did all the dps challenges before the overpowered artefact update, but this one i barely even did it with the overpowered artefact, its that ridiculous the sub challenge... 10/10 the most difficult of all DPS challenges

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was Sub > Assassin > Outlaw. But that's largely because I have never played Sub until 'damn, guess I need to finish the towers'. Definitely didn't help that I have 0 legendaries for that spec.

Outlaw was cake for me, but I single-target killed everything - didn't use Blade Flurry at all.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-07-09 at 03:31 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Assassination 1/10 - I missed a rune a couple of times. Other than that it was by far the easiest

Outlaw 3/10 - I didn't have my rotation nailed down properly the first time I tried and got overwhelmed by adds. Died one more time because I got hit by a rock, then I got it

Subtlety 10/10 - Stopped counting after I hit 10+ attempt. The first phase was easy enough, but the Shadow phase was nearly impossible. I did it on all the other classes, some with far lower item level, but couldn't make it to the second wave of adds on my rogue. Once I got the strategy for the adds nailed down I got it (barely)

Assuming no guide/relevant gear (so not bruteforcing it)

Sin - 1/10 you cannot possibly fuck it up
    Outlaw - 3/10 because fuck rolling boulders mechanics
    Sub - 6/10 before people had gear and figured out you could sprint cloak the mirror images and only doing 1 cycle of adds on last phase.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

Quote Originally Posted by filo155 View Post
    Sub is just plain and stupidly impossible almost. If you do not have the legendaries to nuke the adds on p2, you are done there.
    I did it last week with mostly relinquished and only one legendary (Ravenholdt ring, hadn't even researched the ability to equip another) on my boosted rogue I had only played for about five days. The adds are a headache but you can just use a charge of Shadow Dance to Shadowstrike + Nightblade all three of them - even just 2 CP is a 10sec 70% snare which is more than enough time to kill them even with crap gear. You can also blind or cheap shot/kidney shot in an emergency.

I feel like people give up on half of these challenges before they've really given them a chance. I felt the sameway about the mistweaver challenge at first but they're all just about persistence, creativity, and practice (and gear).