Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Destruction'S new visuals

Look bad, in my opinion. The fire effects (in the caster's hands) look blocky, low resolution and not like fire, but rather weirdly colored leaves.

I'm hoping they're still unfinished, because they are of very low quality compared to other updated effects.

Okay, I'm getting old but not THAT old that Alzemeir's already kicking in, lul.

Pretty sure I just posted in a thread similar to this one. Mod deleted or what? Could at least had included my answer in the new one.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2018-08-05 at 07:33 PM.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Okay, I'm getting old but not THAT old that Alzemeir's already kicking in, lul.

Pretty sure I just posted in a thread similar to this one. Mod deleted or what? Could at least had included my answer in the new one.
    To me it looks like either a weird liquid or a bunch of glowing leaves. It's not fire at all. I'm very disappointed.

I'm not really impressed wit the spell changes for destroy overall, but I absolutely detest new incinerate graphic. Old incinerate was much better.

RIP dragonfaced chaos bolt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rysthruun View Post
    I'd be fine with the new effect, if it had the same heft.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really impressed wit the spell changes for destroy overall, but I absolutely detest new incinerate graphic. Old incinerate was much better.

I think just about every spell looks better tbh. Chaos bolt never should have been a dragon head to begin with tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think just about every spell looks better tbh. Chaos bolt never should have been a dragon head to begin with tbh.
    the old one could curve relatively to the targets movements, the new one cannot other then that i agree i do think it's better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah. This.

But I do agree that Incinerate should look a bit more fire-like.

New Chaos Bolt looks 1000x better.

I like em, just need the actual casting animations updated now.

Aff still needs a lot of love imo.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

But how to make dots look better?

I really liked the souls hanging around until I reaped them. Shame that whole bag is gone.

Chaosbolts tail IS weird.

Incinerate has no heft. That IS a good way to put it.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2018-08-06 at 03:19 AM.

I miss the old Chaos Bolt dragon head. It was unique. This new one just feels like "moar particle effects!!~1"

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    But how to make dots look better?
    There can always be some kind of particle effect for the dot cast, you can also make the animation on the target more visible.

Right now there are 3 different really subtle purple animations for aff none of which stick out. If you weren't paying attention you wouldn't even know there was anything going on. And deathbolt last I checked had an animation that made me think it was unfinished.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

they're ok, could look a bit more like fire though, you're right.

i feel weird that they made the orange flames have what looks very similar to sargeras' red death magic stuff, like we just pulled out of the sword.

that feels a little too high tier for a nab starting at level 1.

I guess we all have very different tastes. I really like the new effects for Destruction, the particles look somewhat unstable yet fiery to me. Could they be/look better? Probably. But I like them.
    - Incinerate could be a little bit bigger.
    - Chaos Bolt is awesome although in my two warlocks it looks like it launches from the chest and not from the hand. I think it should use the casting animation of HoG or Demonbolt, like the warlock is struggling in conjuring such huge amount of power. I somehow miss the traveling arc it had before though, but it's fine that it travels straight.
    - Soul Fire is pretty much a copy-paste of old pyroblast. I hope it's a placeholder.
    - Channel Demonfire is too fireworks-y arcane-nether-storm-y for my taste with all the swirling bolts. Could use an update as well.
    - Cataclysm is OK but it looks kind of old by comparison.

Demonology spells all look very good. Haven't checked if Doom has a different animation but as is such a bad spell right know I don't think I will even bother to try it to check it.

Affliction spells looks very nice, I think it shares the same pattern than Destructions flames but with a dark blue-purple colour. Problem is they are easy to go unnoticed with all the action.

new incinerate is ugly for me, much better incinerate in MOP

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Yeah. This.

But I do agree that Incinerate should look a bit more fire-like.
    I think slightly bigger. For incinerate that is, other than that they are good.

Deleted
    too green and boring

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the first incinerate :'(

I was really looking forward to the lock spell updates and so far not really impressed. Dots are especially boring atm. I'd like to think the hand animation will make things a bit better but these updates so far just seem lacking inspiration. I take a look at other updates like wars and hunters and think "ok now there was clearly a group of people playing these toons who were excited to make these abilities look cool".

I don't see that excitement with locks for the most part. They aren't all bad; but not I like the updates on other classes much more.

Edit: my fav of the 3 specs is demo for spell effects atm.