Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Potential Sethrak Female Design/Model in Sethraliss

What if Sethraliss' model is some sort of groundwork/concept for a female sethrak model? I know this is a mix of dumb speculation on a part and my attempt at trying to sell the concept of a sethrak allied race, but I at least think it would be an interesting idea to discuss.

The major thing generally Blizzard wants with races (barring allied races) are for them to be easily distinguishable, gender being a part of this. The problem with sethrak is that they are reptilian and would really have no reason to have breasts or any overtly feminine, mammalian features.

Another factor is that sethrak in general seem to be rigged to the worgen female (and I can't see male sethrak being remodeled to work with the worgen male model).

So assuming Blizzard were to take a risk and make sethrak of both sexes share the same rig, making them readily visually distinguishable would do well to prevent player confusion.

The major problem that could arise though is excess clipping. Like with worgen, tauren and trolls there would already be a lot of clipping and misshapen helmets for the sethrak, but adding horns just makes the clipping even worse. With that said though, I think armor clipping with hair, hunches or other pieces of armor is something most people have come to accept, so I don't see why horns would be that different.

Tell me what you think. Do you think a design based off of the Sethraliss model could be used for a female sethrak model?

Deleted
    I really hope they never make Sethrak or Vulpera playable. They're incredibly silly and I don't like them at all in any aspect. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    I really hope they never make Sethrak or Vulpera playable. They're incredibly silly and I don't like them at all in any aspect. But that's just my opinion.
    The races are in the game (BfA) already, and no one is complaining about them being silly. I don't understand the logic of them only becoming silly once they are a playable race.

Deleted
    Wow is silly. Thematically they both fit perfectly

Like @Deldramar said, you are too late. Vulpera are just waiting confirmation. Their models have incredible details, lots of customization, can use gear and were instantly liked by a portion of the player base. Also, working on them means working on the new goblin model, which Blizzard said they were working on.

There's nothing so far indicating the Sethrak will be playable, however. Some people like them, but their model is nowhere near the quality of the vulpera model.

-----------------------------

On the OP, I don't think adding horns make them feel any feminine. While sexual dimorphism in real animals can be as simple as that, visuals matter a lot in-game. I don't think female sethrak would need boobs, of course, but their body and head shape should feel "feminine" in some way. Slimmer shoulders, larger hips and slick head (maybe without the cobra shape) would be a a good start.

But I don't expect sethrak to be playable at all.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-08-10 at 12:46 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Also, working on them means working on the new goblin model, which Blizzard said they were working on.
    I'm also hoping they're using lessons learned on them for the Worgen remodel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I'm also hoping they're using lessons learned on them for the Worgen remodel as well.
    I hear people mention worgen remodeling sometimes. What exactly do people not like about them? As a horde player, who does not have a whole lot of interaction with them - I think they look pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    I hear people mention worgen remodeling sometimes. What exactly do people not like about them? As a horde player, who does not have a whole lot of interaction with them - I think they look pretty great.
    It's mostly the female worgen. They look like demented chihuahuas, and not like wolves.

Males have clipping issues I think with a few animations, and there was something about their jaw?

Whereas females...

And that's not even bringing up the obvious about their shitty mane, their ridiculous bulging "sexy" eyes, whcih is even worse when you look at how much better the Alpha models were.

Yeah, some facial animations for Vulpera may end up imported into worgen model, since both races have snouts.
    Whatever...

Males have clipping issues I think with a few animations, and there was something about their jaw?

Whereas females...
    And that's not even bringing up the obvious about their shitty mane, their ridiculous bulging "sexy" eyes, whcih is even worse when you look at how much better the Alpha models were.
    Wow... Yeah.. That looks pretty awful. The male versions still look pretty fierce. Not sure if they suffer from some of those same arm and torso issues.

Whereas females...

I'd appreciate you stop trying to give me nightmares before I go to bed :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

What's interesting is that if we go by the logic that Goblins are only getting updated so that their animations can be used for Vulpera, then it stands to reason that a race will pop up later that uses Worgen animations to justify a Worgen update as well.

Sethrak use an updated Worgen walk, but that's not nearly enough.

Hahaha 100% rolling a Sethrak if they make them playable

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Hahaha 100% rolling a Sethrak if they make them playable
    I have the name Dangernoodle reserved on both factions just in case.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

You're talking about things being silly in a game with Humanoid Cows and Panda's. Undead players and Aliens. I think some fox and snake people aren't changing much.

Well they can keep making silly races and then wonder why everyone is playing human or elves...
    What we really need is more customisation for existing races(tatoos, new haircuts, more facial expressions...), allied races are a lazy way to do that (highmountain taurens and dark iron dwarves being the perfect example)

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Well they can keep making silly races and then wonder why everyone is playing human or elves...
    What we really need is more customisation for existing races(tatoos, new haircuts, more facial expressions...), allied races are a lazy way to do that (highmountain taurens and dark iron dwarves being the perfect example)
    at this point i would really like a true character creation option like so many other mmo's have (with all the sliders and such) but i'm not even sure that's possible in wow.

OT: sethrak would be awesome to play. really like their style. Clipping will be a hell of an issue with them tho. I think it's difficult to distinguish gender with the sethrak. is that even reliably possible? i think it would be totally ok to add them as a genderless race.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Creating the whole concept of allied races, the story behind each, quests, etc. is lazier than just adding new features to the barber shop?

5+ Year Old Account
    ok first:
    Good Post, i actually love the concept of Sethrak for Allied Race, but my problem its "they are depicted as MONTERS" and well...... you know what its the dumpster for Monsters now.
    second, about the possibility of the allied race with the worguen skeleton.... i personnaly believe that the alliance will get Lightbound Saberons, yes predatory lions of AU Draenor infused with the power of light granted by High Exaarch Yrel, and they will be sended as "Predator" style movie to hunt the Maghars that escaped from retribution.

Or Saurok just to piss off the alliance.

There for, Jesus Christ we actually need an urgent remodel of the Worguens, i always though that goblins were meh okeish, but dude seeing the rabid dog faces of the Worguen its just ug wtf Blizzard.