Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    At this point is like the developers with their anti-flying stance are mocking us.
    They started in WoD, actually, where you had the sad quotes from the grounded Arrakoa: "What are we without the sky?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, dont we have other pterrodaxes mounts around? And don't we have one that looks like this one that can fly?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

So basically it's a Charizard from Pokemon Red?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    This is a Horde-only mount. I am like 99% sure there will be an additional Horde-only questchain especially around him once Pathfinder Pt2 gets added to the game. The description text does bait this expectation and Blizzard never lets the Horde down on anything.

Who is willing to take a wager? Lets come back here once Pathfinder Pt2 hits the scene.
    I highly doubt it.

Will probably be Revered with the new rep, something related to the story and something related to the new place if we get one.

Legion's part 2 was very easy.

He's cute and has a story to him, so I don't really care. My go-to flying mount is and always will be the Heavenly Onyx Cloud serpent anyway. I like that Kua'fon doesn't have armor, so you can see his eyes.

At least you get to adopt a pterrodax as a mount to begin with. Alliance is stuck with...nothing!

Deleted
    This thread is amazing. Probably the most flavorful mount in years. Someone put actual thought into the questline and its reward and people just start crying because it has wings and doesn't fly. This is just too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    But pterrodaxes do fly, so it -should- be able to fly.

Not that it matters to me, I would never use the mount anyways as I hate the coloration.
    There is lots of birds that should be able to fly that just dont. Usually domesticated.
    Its pretty often for people to get pet birds at a very young age, and for the bird to never learn to fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    This thread is amazing. Probably the most flavorful mount in years. Someone put actual thought into the questline and its reward and people just start crying because it has wings and doesn't fly. This is just too funny.
    "Wait I got a penguin mount and it can't fly!? Next thing your gunna say is the kiwi and ostrich mounts can't fly either! But hey at least I will be able to fly with my new chicken mount!"

Just giggling at the "if it has wings it can fly"

Playing as an Alliance character and not seeing/doing the quests, I read Kua'fon's description and interpreted it as a bit of a jab to players while we're all grounded waiting for the later patch to be able to fly in BfA zones. Either way, I like when flavor text goes beyond just being generic like it is with a lot of other mounts (though usually because the mounts themselves are also pretty generic)

It’s 2018 and you just used the phrase “epic fail.” Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So basically it's a Charizard from Pokemon Red?

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt it.

Will probably be Revered with the new rep, something related to the story and something related to the new place if we get one.

Legion's part 2 was very easy.
    Think about it....what is cooler than getting a ground-only mount WITH STORY while you cannot fly that then actually getting additional story to learn and fly with you? It's a great idea and something many, many players will love.

If you are into concepts like this, the Horde is there for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ort=confidence

Seriously Blizzard what the hell? In case you don't know, to unlock this mount you have to do dailies for ONE MONTH.

And it's not even a flying mount.
    LOL fucking hilarious!! #BugsFuckedAzeroth
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got him and hes huge lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    LOL fucking hilarious!! #BugsFuckedAzeroth
    You do realize it's not a bug right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

This is really neat and people are bitching about it. Seriously? The game needs more neat little things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Just got him and hes huge lol.
    Fun detected: Nerf incoming.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Anyone that paid attention to the beta should know this. If you post on this forum you should have known this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    @Ganker Why are you complaining about an extra mount half the player base can't even use? There's other Pterrodax mounts you can use to fly.
    I'll try to answer this.

Most people here are missing the point. Thing is, Kua'fon is not just an extra mount, he's one of the very few named mounts that have a backstory and are closely connected to your character. You're tending to Kua'fon for a month straight, so you inevitably bond with him. Thus, it's kind of disheartening to see him not being able to use his massive wings (fly or soar, Blizzard could have given him permanent slow fall).

A massive winged beast, which you raise from the egg, being bound to the ground just doen't feel right.

That's my take on it, at least.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Fun detected: Nerf incoming.
    Yes, enjoy it while it last.. so hurry lol.

Deleted
    Mhh.. Just got him. Too bad he does not fly, but I bet that they will add a quest to teach him when they unlock flying.
    Anyway, just to let you know, you CAN use him as alliance. You just need to get him with a horde character.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I love the auto switch to water form, however I think there should be an option to turn that off in the settings or something.
    I'm running from something, there's unavoidable water in front of me, I go into aquatic form, come out the other side, and lose 60% of my speed cause the form activated in combat. Gotten me killed plenty of times in both pvp and pve.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.