Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood DK maximize DPS Mythic+

Hey guys,

I was just wondering and siming my Blood Stat Priority with AskMrRobot. I found out, that they recommend me to focus on Crit>Mastery to maximize my dmg Output. I had no Problems tanking a Myth 8 with 549 GS so i don't think survivability will be a Problem with this Statprio. What do you guys think about maximum DPS output?

I still have the Problem that my rota does not feel very smooth unless i recieve a Bloodlust So i tried out Rune Strike as a filler, wich made the rota a little smoother.

What do you do to maximize DPS in M+? Or do you even care about DPS?

Greetings,
    Dennis

Well, pick tos poison trinket for huge aoe dps and big red button for some ST burst x.x. All u have to do then is to fit fang trinket into your rotation soo u wont die meanwhile channeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by setha View Post
    Well, pick tos poison trinket for huge aoe dps and big red button for some ST burst x.x. All u have to do then is to fit fang trinket into your rotation soo u wont die meanwhile channeling it.
    It has a decent range, so once you've established initial aggro, you can drop DnD, kite a bit, and use the fang from 8-10 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    It has a decent range, so once you've established initial aggro, you can drop DnD, kite a bit, and use the fang from 8-10 yards away.
    I usually pick one pack, stack my RP to 100 and then go full ham with wrath walk or speed potion. Picking some aggro is not a problem, then u mass grip, drop d&d, bone storm, rune weapon and 2x blood boil then u start channeling trinket. With pull on atal'dazar like 2 mobs upstairs, 2x priest and whole pack before boss with 1st boss I ended up doing max 70k dps with 18k at the very end. That was +6 last week.

I usually pick one pack, stack my RP to 100 and then go full ham with wrath walk or speed potion. Picking some aggro is not a problem, then u mass grip, drop d&d, bone storm, rune weapon and 2x blood boil then u start channeling trinket. With pull on atal'dazar like 2 mobs upstairs, 2x priest and whole pack before boss with 1st boss I ended up doing max 70k dps with 18k at the very end. That was +6 last week.
    I was mostly replying to the "not dying while you channel the fang" part. Some teeming+fortified packs hurt a lot, so you want to get out quickly while still doing damage.

Your way is still awesome when survivability is not an issue, though

If you want to maximize DPS, you don't want to run with Rune strike. It may smooth out the rotation, but it sucks. You should run with either one of the others 2 talents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get Get'tiku. Profit?

I dunno about maxing azerite traits and every single thing towards damage though. There is a lot of incoming damage in these higher keys, they're scary.

I've seen a BDK doing 10 keys with like 14% haste and tons of versatility. Haste doesn't do anything for you for the first few runes and GCDs if you think about it. You don't get value out of haste until you've spent runes.
    But when you look at Az traits, you get a ton of value from crit. So I can see why people advise crit.

Thank you for your help!

Talking about Atal'dazar, there are several Mobs you can enslave as a DK. Not only in this Dungeon Kings Rest for example has some Undeads to enslave too. Has anyone ever compared the dmg output of the different types of mobs? I feld like the Beastmasters in Kingsrest dealt the most dmg. For Atal'dazar the poision throwing berserk mobs feel like the best choice. They have a stacking bleed that deals a lot with high stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Getwicked View Post
    Thank you for your help!

Talking about Atal'dazar, there are several Mobs you can enslave as a DK. Not only in this Dungeon Kings Rest for example has some Undeads to enslave too. Has anyone ever compared the dmg output of the different types of mobs? I feld like the Beastmasters in Kingsrest dealt the most dmg. For Atal'dazar the poision throwing berserk mobs feel like the best choice. They have a stacking bleed that deals a lot with high stacks.
    On atal'dazar enslave berserker and turn his rend ability out of auto-use and use it by uself every cooldown, on king's rest i recommend undead hunter, her barrage is doing like 30% my overall dps, lul

Wasn't that trinket nerfed like 1 day after they buffed it? Thought it was back to dumpster tier.

Just pop a full bonestorm while channeling the trinket and you don't have to worry about a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Get Get'tiku. Profit?

I dunno about maxing azerite traits and every single thing towards damage though. There is a lot of incoming damage in these higher keys, they're scary.

I've seen a BDK doing 10 keys with like 14% haste and tons of versatility. Haste doesn't do anything for you for the first few runes and GCDs if you think about it. You don't get value out of haste until you've spent runes.
    But when you look at Az traits, you get a ton of value from crit. So I can see why people advise crit.
    What trait options does a DK have tho? The only defensive first tier trait that does anything worthwhile is Bones of the Damned. Another is taken up by an Uldir trait for Reoriginations Array, so that leaves 1 trait.
    2nd tier rarely has defensive traits, and the 3e tier is nothing but defensive.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah true. Voracious is there after all.

On atal'dazar enslave berserker and turn his rend ability out of auto-use and use it by uself every cooldown, on king's rest i recommend undead hunter, her barrage is doing like 30% my overall dps, lul
    Why do you turn off the auto-use of rend for berserker? Also a question as I didn't play a DK at higher keys in legion much and have barely used Control UD. Why does MC break early sometimes? Is it just the pet taking damage?

Talking about Azurite Traits, its nice to see not a single of our traits was adjusted in the tank update...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use the ToS trinket during bonestorm. Doesn't matter that it's a channel, it doesn't break on damage and you generally won't die with bonestorm up. The damage it does is pretty crazy too. On a boss like Zek'voz on Mythic, some of the highest blood DK parses have them using that, and it being anywhere from 9-12% of their overall damage. No other trinket (unless crazy TF) would compete with that.

As to why control undead breaks randomly? I have no fucking idea, but it's obnoxious. I'm pretty sure it either has a hidden chance of breaking early, or that damage taken from the mob can have it break early. Regardless, I've had it randomly drop well before the 5 minute duration without it taking any damage, so I imagine it's just random. Control undead is amazing in 2-3 of the dungeons. While the damage is massively nerfed in M+ (otherwise it would be broken), it's still a useful tool to deal with infested, or just remove a mob from a pack (to merge with a lesser pack, to make it still efficient, but less dangerous). It's one of the best ways to deal with infested in King's Rest or Atal'Dazar, as you can control undead and move it away from the pack switching it to passive.

I do pretty impressive damage during my runs (no ToS trinket yet). Aggro is only a problem when people are unloading while I'm still picking up packs, or somebody unloads something massive right from the start (mage glacial spike, for instance). Range DPS doing this isn't an issue though, it's those less than patient melee (DH and Warriors are the biggest culprits).

All of our traits are ass aside from bones of the damned, and honestly, that one really isn't that great either. The proc chance on the extra boneshield is pretty low and the armor value isn't exactly massive from the trait as well. Meanwhile something like archive of the titans once it's going, is going to be giving you 240-280 passive strength. DK traits are absolutely shit, and not a single one of them is exciting.

I fully expect ours to be completely reworked, and also hopefully in the future they expand on this system. If they had more options in the first tier, and allowed you to pick two per ring (one spec specific, one neutral for instance), it would probably be a better system.

The Dazar'ai Confessors in Atal'Dazar have a short Dispel cast that they can use to break (from what I've seen) any and all CC, including Control Undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Wasn't that trinket nerfed like 1 day after they buffed it? Thought it was back to dumpster tier.
    its like the only aoe trinket in game right now tho, every other trinket does split between all targets damage
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Whats the correct name of the poison trinket?
    Is it still the top aoe dps trinket?
    Whats the correct use of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimxzyana View Post
    Whats the correct name of the poison trinket?
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=158367/...onus=4777:1482