Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surge of Power changes make me cautiously optimistic that they're removing the CD entirely.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-10-04 at 01:17 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I want a talent that kills off my pets permanently and grants my spells more damage.

DEV removed 15% buff of LB. As a result, almost LB in the PTR are 20% buff and the ES is about 16% nerf.
    There will be no difference from live. ST DPS does not improve. I can not understand. buff is clearly lacking. Still ele is useless.

Is dev thinking to change the minds of angry ele users this way? Do you like to see this blanket buff?
    Why do you use ele instead of the Balance Druid, which is powerful, utility good and can hit a wider range in 1-5 targets?
    Can you answer? I am impossible. The dev needs to answer this.

Here people seem to be satisfied. 15% lb buff, and are you definitely getting better?
    Of course, pvp would be great. PTR SK is obviously OP in PVP. But in raid it is useless and you will be benched in 8.1 like now.
    Why? Now dev is making ele so.
    Last edited by Ele man; 2018-10-04 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forblings View Post
    Seems like a reroll is in order, honestly fed up of waiting for something good to come to ele.
    who cares if you do 3% less dps... just play the game and shut up. If you dont like the class mechanic then reroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ele man View Post
    Ele was useless in the contest in Legion. Why was not there just one? You are overestimating aoe at Mythic +.
    ele is not as crazy powerful as AoE. And only useful in 5targets. So team need to create 5targets. Only for ele.
    If you say the Ele was useless in contest then you didn't know how to play the spec..I always had parses around 94-96% average on mythic..

Quote Originally Posted by etheriel7 View Post
    If you say the Ele was useless in contest then you didn't know how to play the spec..I always had parses around 94-96% average on mythic..
    the parses are against other elemental shamans.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by etheriel7 View Post
    I have always been in the top 5 in the mythic raid dps allstar of ele for years.
    But by your standards, I could not do well. But did you go to the contest?

To tell the truth, I saw the tragedy of ele in Blizzard mythic invitational as live.
    At that contest, ele became a ridicule and people said useless ele. It was a fact, and eventually ele was not used by anyone at the final.
    If you saw raider.io in Legion, you would not say that ele was good in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Surge of Power changes make me cautiously optimistic that they're removing the CD entirely.
    Yeah in the next ptr build to rewind it in the last ptr build that makes it onto live servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    who cares if you do 3% less dps... just play the game and shut up. If you dont like the class mechanic then reroll.
    The problem is the "class mechanic" in Legion was a lot better. They removed everything in BfA that made Ele fun to play or made the spec work.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah in the next ptr build to rewind it in the last ptr build that makes it onto live servers.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is the "class mechanic" in Legion was a lot better. They removed everything in BfA that made Ele fun to play or made the spec work.
    Then play another class. I stopped playing ele on day 1 of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Then play another class. I stopped playing ele on day 1 of BFA.

Geeze you are missing out then bro

Last night heroic

1st boss

Ele - 98% was 12,587 dps
    Rogue - 97% was 12,987 dps

fed

Ele - 99% was 19,706
    Rouge - 97% was 19,564

ele is now keeping up close with melee on st fights....lol

Should be interesting once things level out to see where they end up in mythic logs. My bet is they will be top 3 ranged.
    Increased mechanics on range should keep them well lower than melee till more groups have the first 3-4 bosses on farm

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

Last night heroic

1st boss

Ele - 98% was 12,587 dps

fed

Ele - 99% was 19,706
    Rouge - 97% was 19,564

Should be interesting once things level out to see where they end up in mythic logs. My bet is they will be top 3 ranged.
    Increased mechanics on range should keep them well lower than melee till more groups have the first 3-4 bosses on farm
    I dont care at all about dps. I just want to play a fun class. Elemental felt broken with cooldown on flame shock, Earth shock damage nerf, the huge stormkeeper cooldown nerf (which defined ele in legion) and the rough talent tree which makes us have to sacrifice nice choices all the time (this was wanted).

Deleted

Last night heroic

1st boss

Ele - 98% was 12,587 dps

fed

Ele - 99% was 19,706
    Rouge - 97% was 19,564

The lion share from what i have read from complaints about ele do not focus on the damage output of the spec, as those people know that is largely irrelevant in terms of class design since its just number tuning and easily addressed.

The core of those people, including myself, want adjustments made to the actual playstyle and mechanics, which currently feels sluggish, clunky, unintuitive and largely outdated in line with current content and game engine. The spec is still clinging to coefficients and cast times that were needed in the era before the GCD adjustment to prevent hard capping with too much haste, something which, now should be pretty much impossible to achieve without stacking huge amounts of haste on top of lust. Even if we did run into that situation it would be for such a limited amount of time, for me i would happily accept that small loss in lieu of faster and more involving cast times and rotations.

Numbers will not fix this issue, the class needs the promised re-work that Ion has yet to deliver, so with 8.1 looming, l hope that the current small changes are in line with what is coming, which will probs be announced at Blizzcon so they at least have some wow content to show.

If I get you guys right, the several tweaks and buffs (which read very good for me) will not fix the ‘worst dps class in bfa’ ? Especially in mythical plus environmental.

Can you explain me why else shaman will stay trash Tier dps? To be honest I was leveling my shaman and had quite fun with it - now I am afraid to not get invited in pug groups, just because playing ele shaman.

Then I would rather level a mage or warlock, even when it’s not the same fun as playing ele.

Last night heroic

1st boss

Ele - 98% was 12,587 dps

fed

Ele - 99% was 19,706
    Rouge - 97% was 19,564

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...ty=4&boss=2128

Is ele now keeping up close with melee on st fights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    Seems rather minor with no rotational improvements aside from allowing you to open with Lava Burst which doesn't change much aside from wasting a proc from the first few ticks of FS. There are also no 8.1 changes to resto or enhance yet.

Looks like Shaman is going to remain the worst class in the expansion for the entire expansion. Pepehands
    But enhancement is Good resto and ele suck but its cool to have atleast one spec ok xDD

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    But enhancement is Good resto and ele suck but its cool to have atleast one spec ok xDD
    Ion's still doing the hybrid tax thing. He accidentally let it slip in a Q&A.

Echo, Master of the Elements, Surge of Power, and SK is probably the most engaging Elemental rotation I have ever played. I know I know, hyperbolic perhaps, but it rivals the previous IF+EB builds of Legion.

Please please everyone get on the PTR and try out some new builds, and keep writing feedback on the forums. It sucks ass that we got no baseline mechanical changes but SoP has breathed life into this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ele man View Post

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...ty=4&boss=2128

Is ele now keeping up close with melee on st fights?

sigh nice fight to pick, a movement fight no range will keep up but possibly warlocks that of course like every tier somehow beats everyone and never gets nerfed.

Also go back and read what i posted.

"Increased mechanics on range should keep them well lower than melee till more groups have the first 3-4 bosses on farm"

sigh nice fight to pick, a movement fight no range will keep up but possibly warlocks that of course like every tier somehow beats everyone and never gets nerfed.

Also go back and read what i posted.

"Increased mechanics on range should keep them well lower than melee till more groups have the first 3-4 bosses on farm"
    You picked fetid, so I'm not sure why you would have an issue with someone else using the same fight to disprove whatever point you were trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You picked fetid, so I'm not sure why you would have an issue with someone else using the same fight to disprove whatever point you were trying to make.
    i also picked rankings and their relative dps not the entire population of wow. Did this to show if all else was equal their dps would be within a few percentage points.....heroic btw too.

You can't complain about ele dps if its able to keep up with melee.

You CAN complain about mechanics and ele shaman tool kit unable to keep up with other casters while moving. This has been a problem since day one for most casters.

Do you want them to be buffed to be 8% greater dps than rogue so that when they are moving the end up being equal? Then when you have those few casters who don't move or get lucky not to be targeted they end up being 8% greater on your little chart and now the "nerf" cries start because of the few "outliers"