Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If i recall correctly it was an option from the beginning when the class was introduced and not removed past MoP,
    given the timespan it`s only natural to assume that some felt quite connected to the specific playstyle, myself included.
    It felt great being slow moving but extremely hard hitting, much the same as with 2H enhancement back when that was a thing.
    Few things felt as good as seeing that massive obliterate crit.

I think someone said it before that it makes sense that the frost dk is this slow moving juggernaut. You absolutely DO NOT want that thing near you or you're in for a bad time. Whereas unholy is just about fast hitting diseases, pet damage, death coils.

Because from WOTLK till Legion DK's always had a hard hitting, physical damage dealing spec (regardless of whether or not it was "competitive") that actually felt like a KNIGHT rather than a sissy warlock pretending to be a melee spec.

So Blizzard has to put work and effort into the game.....and I can play the class the way I want to play it... Not Blizzards culling of skills and traits and abilities for "their class concept".

Buts more RPG back into WOW that's missing.

imo the appeal of 2h vs dw has been a bit varied and based on different reasons for different players.

back in teh day when you had to worry about hit rating, 2h was better cause you didn't need to stack anywhere near as much hit to get rid of missed attacks so some people liked getting 2h's for that reason. Another thing is the mogging angle where some people find the game's 2h's to look better more often. Another angle was the feel of all those harder hitting attacks (technically made moot by the talents that made you utilize your offhand WITH your mainhand but still).

in the end i think the biggest thing is that it was a handful of builds that DID exist and functioned very well that people are sad seeing removed. I'd wager there'd be a bit of outcry for other builds if there was at all a shot for them to be reimplemented (like dps blood, tank UH/frost, ranged surv, or dps holy pally)

7+ Year Old Account
    same with brewmasters and windwalkers beeing forced on different weapon types since legion its just horrible

10+ Year Old Account
    Thematically, a spec that has a hardcritting ability called "OBLITERATION" feels better if you're using a large 2hander instead of DW.
    However, I can easily see a tuning knob where if you're DW, your Frost Strike hits a lot harder and 2h makes Oblit hit harder.

But, that's never going to happen as they have a set view on what our class should be. Your class and character has gone from being your virtual representation within the world, to the cart that they want you to ride in to see their "themepark".
    If anything I can easily see us becoming more limited, where they only want FDK's to use 1h swords, Blood DK's to use 2h axes and UH DK's to use 2h swords.

Well mostly because people remember the spec having 2 different options. Having the option is always better, provided that the options are relatively balanced.

Frost, fury, windwalker, etc... It's a mix of what someone preferred back in the day, combined with nostalgia and the ease of potentially playing 2 specs without having to search for another set of weapons.

If you could use one-handed as fury, it would be easier to maintain the spec along with protection, frost would be easier to maintain with blood or unholy, and if most staves gave both agi and int depending on spec, monks would be able to potentially have a decent weapon for all 3 specs.

I always played fury with two one-handers despite the Titan's Grip, and I loved Glad Warrior. So removing choice feels bad to me. I don't mind having to dual wield with windwalker that much, but weapons chillin' on your back looks kind of stupid, while your mistweaver weapon doesn't change to agi on respect is also an inconvenient experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the Obliteration animation also showing the 2H-ness of Frost? Like your DK is holding two weapons close together and you slash? It doesn't feel like a hard-hitter. I'd personally like it because I want more choice in the spec. This talent system doesn't give enough in my opinion.

We are really really excited about where this expansion goes and we wanted to tell you that so you understand that this expansion is not a joke. - MMO-Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe that Titan's Grip was originally intended for DKs.

Nevertheless, those are 2H swords: https://www.wowhead.com/item=27769/e...ger&bonus=4109
    No they arent that weapon isnt even CLOSE to the same graphic. He is using 2 https://www.wowhead.com/item=39344/s...f-the-lifeless which are one handers

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because, it made me feel like a Killing Machine. Abilities and procs like "Obliterate" or "Killing Machine" or "Might of the Frozen Wastes" always made me think of a HUlking brute destroying people with a 2Handed weapon of doom.

I feel weak swinging around to small swords.

I mean hell, Frostscythe is one of my favourite moves on my DK simply because instead of swinging 2 small Swords he just eviscerates a bunch of people with a giant Scythe.

Unholy's reliance on just building and busting pustules and spread diseases and such should've made them the dual wield class.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2018-10-25 at 11:45 AM.

Wait can't dks now go back to a 2h now the artifacts are gone?
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    No they arent that weapon isnt even CLOSE to the same graphic. He is using 2 https://www.wowhead.com/item=39344/s...f-the-lifeless which are one handers
    The only difference between that Manga depiction and his actual swords are the rune etchings which they obviously added for effect.
    His actual swords are the 2 handed "Endbringer". They are available in game as per the link I provided. They are most definitely not "Slayer of the Lifeless".

The same reason people want 1-handed Fury, because they had it before and it's a matter of choice/preference.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Wait can't dks now go back to a 2h now the artifacts are gone?
    All of frosts attacks now require a 1h weapon. Interestingly enough, in Beta only Frost Strike and Obliterate had this requirement, so one could have spent runes on Frostscythe and Remoseless Winter, RP on Glacial Advance, and still proc RE, Rime and KM as usual. The build would have been suboptimal for sure, but would have been enough to quest and do solo content. But....NOOOOOO...Blizzard had to take the time and effort to restrict FSc and GA to 1h weapons as well, because....well....fuck the players preferences, they will play the way Blizzard wants them to or not at all. Its bullshit like this that made me drop my DK for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    All of frosts attacks now require a 1h weapon. Interestingly enough, in Beta only Frost Strike and Obliterate had this requirement, so one could have spent runes on Frostscythe and Remoseless Winter, RP on Glacial Advance, and still proc RE, Rime and KM as usual. The build would have been suboptimal for sure, but would have been enough to quest and do solo content. But....NOOOOOO...Blizzard had to take the time and effort to restrict FSc and GA to 1h weapons as well, because....well....fuck the players preferences, they will play the way Blizzard wants them to or not at all. Its bullshit like this that made me drop my DK for good.
    Oh wow, I assumed the only reason frost went 2h was because the artifact dictated it. Thought now it was over, it would be a choice of 1h or 2h

Rip a fucking reino for you guys
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    The only difference between that Manga depiction and his actual swords are the rune etchings which they obviously added for effect.
    His actual swords are the 2 handed "Endbringer". They are available in game as per the link I provided. They are most definitely not "Slayer of the Lifeless".

They could also be this, slightly changed of course: https://www.wowhead.com/item=27905/
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    They could also be this, slightly changed of course: https://www.wowhead.com/item=27905/
    Are you trolling me right now?

It's not really up for debate. Thassarian uses 2 "Endbringers".
    They are 2 handed swords that sheath to the back.
    And they are literally the exact same swords than any player can get since BC.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=27769/e...ger&bonus=4109

Yes, Frost DKs should be the OG 2h class - hell, lorewise - DKs should be able to wield double 2handed stuff (inhuman strength, feel no pain).

Will we get it? Unfortunately not. Plus, Frost DKs are playing around a niche Sindragosa spell that should be powerful, but if you have damn permafrost running through your body, you're bound to be able to dish out some decapitating blows. Especially as a class born unto undeath - who cannot die of "normal" means anymore.

Even the most skillful Warriors (who would technically be Elves and Trolls as they live the longest, and being a Warrior is all about mastering the craft of... smashing shit, but those two races don't have a history of Warrior-like creatures, just a maybe on Trolls, but definitely not Elves - while Orcs are simply brute force smash Hulk-style) would not be able to hold a candle to Death Knights.

But WoW has gone far from its original lore roots.

Apart from those facts, Frost DKs will remain the puny 1h wielding Warriors who apparently like magic more than permafrost running through their veins giving them unimaginable power to mere mortals (in lore, DKs are limited to uses to magic and can cast some basic stuff, but nothing too complex compared to say, Mages who have studied the power and control of arcana their entire existence).

Its actually pretty funny to run tripple Cankerous Wounds and just run around with Festering strike hitting for critting for 18k. If you close your eyes you can pretend your Frost and the hit was Obliterate.