Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As someone who likes their privacy, thanks for the heads up OP. I don't really have a huge hard stance against the addon but I don't exactly think it's good for the game and I'm not too keen on stalkers considering I've had them in the past.

I don't really care if I don't get invited to pugs considering I barely play this expansion, either. I'm not a M+ pug farmer, so my .io score was crappy in BfA anyway. I decided pretty early on that BfA's M+ was just not very fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thank you for educating me on what I should consider fun and thank you for the random interpretation of what you think I said.

Didn't read past that because I don't value opinions on how I live my life and play my games.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually later today it will be 1150. Btw I have done +15 with randoms successfuly and without being rio checked. Or they checked me and liked me I really don't give a fuck I always find groups.

I won't hide my rio but FUCK rio and every half assed third party shitsite used for harrassment by lazy children who search to be carried tbh. Everyone has a key, make your own grp upgrade it and play on your own terms not terms dictated by idiots.
    yea ill give ya that one. im too lazy to make my own key :P I'm old as balls, with a family chock full of terrorists. I have limited AF playtime (when i even FEEL like playing considering the current state of the game) so the TLDR version is i try to find a key to join.

Probably doesnt help I main WW so the only invites I'll get is if i feel like tanking. (dont heal proficient enough to risk someone elses key)

p.s. if your doing 15s in time w/ pugs, i need to find the search tool your using ;p

p.s.s anyone can finish a key, but theyre so tight now, your not getting carried and timing a key. Not gonna happen. I think people know that and as such they use an io score as the best metric they have as a defense.

Not like they can use ilvl anymore since blizzard randomly gives shitters better loot then dedicated people who grind to hell.
    Last edited by klepp0906; 2018-10-27 at 11:08 AM.

not me , I'm not a casual noob

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezdichko View Post
    Well... my guild is doing M0 and low stone M+s, so I'll stick with these. But then, I'm casual who doesn't want to be inspected
    people can still inspect the old way and notice you don't have any good piece of loot on your person

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    not me , I'm not a casual noob

- - - Updated - - -

people can still inspect the old way and notice you don't have any good piece of loot on your person
    I got 10 mage towers done before it went away and i got it on has nothing to do with being a so called Casual noob and more to do with simple privacy.The reason i mention that is you can't be carried in mage towers or buy your way in them.Unlike raids and dungeons.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2018-10-27 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    is this still going on?

Also if you managed to get cutting edge on kil'jaeden, then yes you are an amazing player and like 500 people at best share that achievement with you. Rejecting someone that can play wow at such a level is pretty stupid ngl
    Rejecting Battlebeard however, who despite his bragging has 1xGoroth as the only Mythic kill for that raid ...

Deleted
    And for all the above reasons plus the fact that my privacy > your existence, you can't have my rio same as you haven't showed us yours
    https://raider.io/characters/eu/khaz-modan/Fripiou
    https://raider.io/characters/eu/khaz-modan/Barzotti

My main characer's rio during Legion (I just wanted to get every +15 done in time, no point in pushing for me):

https://raider.io/characters/eu/khaz...n=season-7.3.2
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2018-10-27 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    I got 10 mage towers done before it went away and i got it on has nothing to do with being a so called Casual noob and more to do with simple privacy.The reason i mention that is you can't be carried in mage towers or buy your way in them.Unlike raids and dungeons.
    are you being serious? mage towers counted as skill meter if you were doing it in nighthold gear , saying something general like got them before they went out means 0 when blizzard itself pumped up the players and left that in the game until the very end when you could achieve almost every dps skins burning the boss within one big CD spam.

Privacy of what? i can inspect your achievement and see in depth what you partake in and what not , M+ score , AND the r.io website itself (certain very competitive realms aside) is just an indicator of how much you play the dungeons (in which , you can't ingnore failing the timer is a penalty , -1 guaranteed loot mind you).
    So , if like OP said he only does M0 and low keys in his guild r.io has litterally 0 impact on his ability to do dungeons .

I doubt that's the case though , OP most likely wanted the challenge (because the game passively rewards you for nothing) and tried , failing, to apply to higher keys and constantly got declined . RIGHTFULLY SO he hasn't done his homework and can't expect people who invested time to build a score to take in , volountarily , someone who has no particular knowledge of the dungeon .

I can almost assure you people with score lower than 400 would never even think about interrupting 'Sea Spout' from the Irontide Oarsman mobs in freehold , not because they are lazy or bad players , simply because at lower key lvls that spell is a joke , hardly noteworthy , but go up a little in key level and that spell becomes your n°1 priority to ensure you don't wipe the entire party in one blow. M+ score tells me a player has seen the "easy" and "hard" mode of the dungeon , possibly already wiped in every possible way and will have at least the knowledge to avoid catastrophes .

In conclusion there is no privacy breach with R.io , it's something wow should have already in place and it actually protects keyholders from endlessly depleting their keys with random unranked people.

you say here is that yeah lets not look at item level but lets be convinced that someone has done this boss 40 times until he was puking blood so we can be convinced to play with him. You know what mate? Noone wants to play with people like you
    P.S. I have yet to fail a key since Legion unless +1-2 chests is considered bad at over +10. Ofc in this forum it will be bad lol. They are all much better players. Funny how this doesn't reflect in game.
    Having an extensive track record on raider.io helps to understand whether you are a quitter. If someone has a lot of completed M+ runs but very few of them are depleted on raider.io, that generally means either they don't pug (finishing a depleted key with a proper M+ team is a waste of time, it's better to reset the dungeon) or they quit the run as soon as something goes wrong. (I met a number of quitters in pugs who had near-perfect track records; the correlation is there).

On the other hand, if you never fail a key (which is orthogonal to what raider.io shows), that means you chose to avoid any challenge, probably trying to do only the easiest keys and only in good pre-made groups. That sounds so boring.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2018-10-27 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Dude, you do know this messageboard gets archived, no?

Why all the lies? What are you trying to prove? Why do you need us to believe you are an ace M+ runner?
    I do get why you are angry at raider.io, as you demonstrate perfectly why people need to use it.

Yes, I HAD that character once, but it no longer exist. That's the point, it's old and very outdated since that character is gone. I am horde now, different name, different class, different everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Step one: Do mythic 0 get a key.

Step two: make your own group and make friends push said key.

The issue you have is, you get a key make a group, it fails horrible because they cant carry you. No one adds the player that was the hard carry, so you dont get any "friends" from your groups. So you hide all the result of your "below average playing" and then talk big on the forum.

I remember your profile, i remember your logs. You changed your name etc and started to hide everything since last i called you out on these forums. I guess I had a impact?

Your issue is you think you are better then you are. Instead of working on improving yourself you try to get other players to "boost" you for free. Then complain and place blame when you can't get a "boost".

- - - Updated - - -

Right there, you validated his argument. He is a very below average player with green/blue logs. He has hidden everything, changed his name/race/server since i called him out and talked big on the forums so people thinks he is an above average player.

Its a perfect example why you should never give anyone the chance if there raider io or warcraft logs are blocked.

I was never in need of carrying anyone, I did do a few +25s in Legion, nothing to brag with really, but still prolly above avarage. You are flaming for no reason as you don't know me at all. All you had were a few logs from Antorus when I played hearthstone meanwhile, the whole thing that started the whole situation, as people think those represented me, when all they represented was a farm run I didn't care for that one time. The runs I had when I did focus, and who would be in 95+ percentile (not sick but above avarage) were not logged, hence why I am so furious at this system.

Stop flaming please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    When they're listening, will you warn them that you'll be playing Hearthstone in the background?

- - - Updated - - -

It does show your performance in the specific dungeon you are applying to. Which data the group leader is judging by is up to them. The groups you want to join will be looking at the specific dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not run with people you've run with in the past, since they will know how good you are? Is no one you've run with in past willing to run with you again?

Every time I have a good M+ run OR raid, I add the good players in group to my friends list. So my friends list is full of decent players who are fun to run with who all know... Well let's just say they've seen me in a successful run. I can't say what they think of me, but they did at least accept the friend request at end of successful run. Most of them are happy to run with me again. You should try this!

- - - Updated - - -

I am gonna go out on a limb here and predict that 99% of players who got cutting edge on KJ also had solid M+ IO scores. I don't feel like doing the research, but I feel pretty safe in that prediction.

So much quoting, but regarding your first point, I would never play hearthstone in any serious run. This was farm run where people speed and chainpull. They didn't even care if people were in on the kill, so I was never in any danger of either ruining the run or getting kicked. If it was anything more serious, I would never play HS.

Regarding your second point, my friend list has been full for a long time and I don't really know who to remove. And even if I sometimes remove inactive people, you know how finder is. Most people don't even communicate and you get a "bb" or "cya" at best after any run, even at 20+ level. There haven't been many people I feel like adding, even if they are good. And well, I said many times I think this whole key thing is bad you should just be able to set whatever difficulty without having to update the key. There are weeks I don't do M+ at all and I get no new key from chest, aka start over. I don't have time for that, to level keys. So I always join others groups, point is, even if I added people, they would get tired eventually that I never provide a key. By only playing with randoms, I don't dissapoint anyone.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Sorry, but this mentality of "I would be a great carpenter or dancer if I wanted to do it, but just don't" doesn't work here. You can be a good player, but you can't be good in something you haven't done before - running specific dungeons in our case.
    But in this case, it would be I am a great carpenter or dancer, but you just haven't seen it so you instantly think i can't build a wall or a dance the tango.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Your experience in previous expansions doesn't matter. You might be an above average player in general, but what you lack is experience. You don't know what casts to interrupt, what mobs to pull (if you're a tank), where to position yourself, what voids to move in or to move out of. In short, you're far less useful than someone who has experience in the points that I listed.

And don't tell me that you have experience because it's always the same dungeon - it's the same with normal, heroic and mythic raiding. Abilities that have not been relevant before suddenly become relevant, interrupting the right casts becomes a lot more relevant, etc.

So, as a group leader, explain to me again why I would pick anyone without experience over someone with experience.
    Well, you can go to youtube and find amazing guides, something that every raider should check. Before doing a boss, I always read upon tactics and what to do as my role. You can get ALL information by watching these videos. So, even if I don't have an achivement, I still know what to do. That PLUS previous expansions experience, should mean more than people who link achiv without impressive previous experience.

That's my entire point, you should TALK to one another.

As a group leader, what sounds best, the guy who know tactics very well from watching many kill videos AND who has Cutting Edge achivs etc from previous expansions, or a guy who just link Ahead of the curve, that he/she could just have bought and that person might be clueless and awful at the game.

If you TALK to people, you can find out who is the best option to invite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    Work your way there like everyone else rather than feel you're entitled to jump straight to a high key because of what you did the previous expansion?

Or make your own group with like minded individuals/guildies.
    You sit on your elitistic pedestal and judge regular people. You say "just work for it" like it's nothing. I have no guild, I have barely any friends who play WoW, I have extremely limited game time per day, maybe 1-2 hours per day on a good day. You think it's realistic to "work for it" in my situation, if I did that, this game would become a full time job.

I have proven myself over the years and reach a level I am happy with. I should be able to skip the work part and jump right into action at the level I feel I belong. This is not etitlement, this is logic, especially for people with few other options like me.

- - - Updated - - -

Or I can, you know, do current content and show I have a clue of what's going on rather than try to convince people my past achievements somehow have relevance outside the expansion it was done.
    Do you truly believe your own opinions or do you just argue with me cause you don't like me?

Do you truly believe a player who start this expansion, and lets say, clears Heroic Uldir and maybe like 1-2 mythic bosses, someone who is active and familiar with current tactics. Do you believe that player is better than someone who played since Vanilla, who did end game every expansion, who cleared every boss at highest difficulty, like Naxxramas at 60, Illidan pre nerf, Kil Jaeden, Heroic Lich King (without too many % nerf, HC Deathwing, Mythic Garrosh, Mythic Archimonde, Mythic Kil Jaeden in Tomb, Mythic Argus etc etc, aka a top notch raider of 12 years.

I am not saying this is me, but this is the ultimate raider, who achieved everything pre-BFA, you seriously don't think this guy is twice, ten times or even 50 times better than the guy who now raids Uldir as first raid?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Yet you are there crying because people decline you, since newbie without score no mechanics.

QED
    Not once have i been declined to anything in this game. So swing and a miss buddy. You tried

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    There are weeks I don't do M+ at all and I get no new key from chest, aka start over. I don't have time for that, to level keys. So I always join others groups, point is, even if I added people, they would get tired eventually that I never provide a key. By only playing with randoms, I don't dissapoint anyone.
    Missing a week does not make you "start over" by any means. Say, if you complete +16 key this week, and then don't do any M+ dungeons for the next two weeks, the next key you will receive upon completing any mythic or mythic+ dungeon once you are back from your vacation will be a +14.

As a group leader, what sounds best, the guy who know tactics very well from watching many kill videos AND who has Cutting Edge achivs etc from previous expansions, or a guy who just link Ahead of the curve, that he/she could just have bought and that person might be clueless and awful at the game.
    The last Cutting Edge you got was from Hellfire Citadel, and that was from being taken on farm runs (or from buying a clear), you didn't progress that raid. The only other you ever had was from Siege of Ogrimmar, again, not from progressing on it.
    You my friend, don't even know enough about this game to lie about it convincingly. Stop the BS.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2018-10-28 at 11:15 PM.

You sit on your elitistic pedestal and judge regular people.
    Oh dear, here comes the elitism accusations. If saying someone needs to show a small level of commitment to current content to show they can actually do it before they do harder versions is elitist then guilty as charged.

You say "just work for it" like it's nothing. I have no guild, I have barely any friends who play WoW,
    Weren't you the one trying to tell me I should be striking up conversations with the people I meet to build new connections? Perhaps you should be following your own advice

I have extremely limited game time per day, maybe 1-2 hours per day on a good day. You think it's realistic to "work for it" in my situation, if I did that, this game would become a full time job.
    Why is that anyone's else's problem that you have limited time to play? I work full time so it's not like I have huge amounts of time available, what that means to me is using what time I have wisely (i.e. making the most optimal runs to reduce the chance of failure).

I have proven myself over the years and reach a level I am happy with. I should be able to skip the work part and jump right into action at the level I feel I belong. This is not etitlement, this is logic, especially for people with few other options like me.
    As I said before, go find likeminded people that prize old achievements in that case. I'm sure there's Communities available with people like that.

I am not required to cater for strangers with few options or time just because they feel they're at a level I don't personally think they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you truly believe your own opinions or do you just argue with me cause you don't like me?
    Well I do tend believe my own opinions, otherwise they wouldn't actually be my opinions :P I don't dislike you, I don't really feel anything towards you in fact. I'm simply discussing the topic at hand.

Do you truly believe a player who start this expansion, and lets say, clears Heroic Uldir and maybe like 1-2 mythic bosses, someone who is active and familiar with current tactics. Do you believe that player is better than someone who played since Vanilla, who did end game every expansion, who cleared every boss at highest difficulty, like Naxxramas at 60, Illidan pre nerf, Kil Jaeden, Heroic Lich King (without too many % nerf, HC Deathwing, Mythic Garrosh, Mythic Archimonde, Mythic Kil Jaeden in Tomb, Mythic Argus etc etc, aka a top notch raider of 12 years.

I am not saying this is me, but this is the ultimate raider, who achieved everything pre-BFA, you seriously don't think this guy is twice, ten times or even 50 times better than the guy who now raids Uldir as first raid?
    You keep wanting to make this about raiding for some reason. For M+ I really don't care what their raiding experience was, it's completely different content.

Thing is though if someone who used to devote so much of their time and effort to the game then drops to a point like yourself, with 1-2 hours a day at most, then yes the more valuable person is the newer players who have played this content enough to know in depth how things work.

You sit on your elitistic pedestal and judge regular people. You say "just work for it" like it's nothing. I have no guild, I have barely any friends who play WoW, I have extremely limited game time per day, maybe 1-2 hours per day on a good day. You think it's realistic to "work for it" in my situation, if I did that, this game would become a full time job.

The thing is, using .io isn't as much a judgment of skill as it is about experience. My main is 900ish score, 6/8M. I am still learning about all of the dungeons and the various trash mechanics, the common paths, when I need to ramp up healing and when I can focus on DPS (I main holy priest in raid and M+ as disc). It's great that you've achieved a bunch previously, but I would want to know that you know all about the m+ dungeon we're about to run. Sure you can learn some of it by watching the video, but it's different from actual experience running the key. And talking to each other is nice, but we're limited by the timer, and I think most people would want to complete in time.

You talk about skill in your next past achievements in your next comment. All things equal, I'd rather have someone who had raided at the highest level. But I also wouldn't want to recruit someone who hasn't done H uldir + a couple mythic bosses. That person is probably undergeared and someone that will not be able to help progression until they get geared up. Also, I'd wonder why given all of this progression that they have had, why are they looking for a new guild (i.e. are they toxic?).

- - - Updated - - -

You keep wanting to make this about raiding for some reason. For M+ I really don't care what their raiding experience was, it's completely different content.

Thing is though if someone who used to devote so much of their time and effort to the game then drops to a point like yourself, with 1-2 hours a day at most, then yes the more valuable person is the newer players who have played this content enough to know in depth how things work.
    I think this comment is important. Having raid experience doesn't make you a great M+ player. You need experience and knowledge of M+. There are skills that you just won't be using in raids that you will need to in M+.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    They have no idea what they are talking about. Raider io tracks scores to the hundred thousand place at least.

A quick raiderio search on their website will show that >_>
    You don't need to do it weekly... Some keys I haven't touched in well over a month.
    You can simply just push a key once for the score and never do it again.

My guild is on one of the bigger servers and we are currently realm first. There is no raider I know that does a weekly clear of everything on +15's for a fresh score.
    They run the ones they NEED to run for gear. Which is what you SHOULD be doing after you run them each once at a decent +.

So unless you are in Method and feel the need to be #1 across the board... there is no reason to do them weekly for score lol.

That is the leaderboard /facepalm... Not the general scores which is what the addon tracks.
    You can quote it... but can you comprehend what you are quoting? xD
    but their score comes from the leaderboard

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    but their score comes from the leaderboard
    False. The leaderboards come from the general score.
    The leaderboards also cap out at 500 where as the general score goes into the hundreds of thousands.

"The Blizzard Mythic+ Leaderboard/API only includes runs that are ranked in the Top 500 weekly runs for each dungeon and realm. Your run must rank within the Top 500 of any member's realm for our system to track it."

I'd rather blizz expand upon the proving ground idea. I've only gotten up +5 mostly because the group I was playing with fell apart and didn't really have the desire to push further. I've since transferred realms and am looking for a set group to play with, but now I've switched to tanking so I'm learning it from that. Also, I leveled too many alts (going on my 6th 120) and with limited time it kinda screwed my progression.

All that said, I don't mind the idea of raider.io, but I'm now stuck in the doghouse because of some bad decisions/playing on a dead realm when I started.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

If you only do M0 then what difference does it make? Nobody uses raider io for M0s. All you did was reduce the M+s you may have wanted to get in to in the future.