Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have two WoW accounts: one from 2006 and one from 2010 (because when I came back to WoW after a break I found that I lost my old account data, and had to buy a new one which is active atm). So technicaly I have old vanilla account restored, but play on another one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    If you really want to know if a person played back then. just ask if they know what thotbot is.... there was no wowhead back when
    Lol reminded me that my guildies used to call me The Wandering Thotbot for almost remembering every little quest and trivia Horde side. Then Cataclysm hit and my knowledge went south... Keep mixing the old quests with new ones.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2018-11-08 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    I have two WoW accounts: one from 2006 and one from 2010 (because when I came back to WoW after a break I found that I lost my old account data, and had to buy a new one which is active atm). So technicaly I have old vanilla account restored, but play on another one.
    How do you lost your old account data?
    I recently restored a DELETED character from 14 years ago on a second account with no subs since 10 years. I never heard of lost data in WoW even on a decade old inactive b.net account.

My account was created on EU launch day (or whenever one could create accounts then), and exists till today, 100% subscription uptime as well, got the nice statue a few years back for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    "Old School Ride" is proof enough if you played at least casualy. NA players even had 2 months longer to get it done till 1.4.0.

You can easily verify the vanilla achievement for playing in the first half year in the wow armory, nothing to fake nothing to hide.
    This message was never to you tho. It was to the dude who only posted 3 lines of the account creation page and nothing more.

Didn't achievements come with wrath ? every vanilla achievement can have been obtained anytime between start til the achievements became a thing. Every achievement tell 2008 as the earliest achieved

10+ Year Old Account
    I made my account in mid Vanilla and I am playing in BFA. I've unsubbed a bunch of times. I last unsubbed in 7.1. I thought I'd never return that time. I resubbed the day they announced Classic. It rekindled my interest in the game in general. I've been enjoying it, despite it's issues, ever since. I'm looking forward to playing classic and continuing to play BFA or whatever is next.
    Last edited by time0ut; 2018-11-08 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Who are you? I was linking it to the guy whining about people not providing proof, Go away
    doesn't matter who i am and who you linked it to. Its not a good proof. you could have got that picture from google and claimed it as your own. And again, im not saying that you are lying, not trying to call you out, just saying that picture is not proving anything

So this is maybe a bit more information and longer than you want. At the behest of a friend I joined the beta for WoW. I was coming from SWG and also playing around in EQ and EQ2. I was not hooked with beta. It was another collect 10 wolf pelts from hairless wolves. Same friend asked me to give it another go about six-eight months after launch. I wasn't interested but my girlfriend at the time was. So I bought a second computer and we played together. A year later TBC dropped and we were married.

We have both been playing ever since. I took a break in the middle of Mist and the end of WoD. Currently still playing. My wife has played less and less each year logging on to level through new content but as soon as it turns into a grind with WQ she peace outs until the next patch drops. She still doesn't have any Allied races unlocked and doesn't want to go through the grind to get them. Which is a shame. I get it... but she is the type of gamer that doesn't want to jump through hoops just to to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I've been playing since vanilla beta and I was subbed almost the entire time.

BFA is the first expansion I cannot seem to enjoy. I log in 1 time a week max for 30 minutes. But im still subbed. However Destiny 2 is just so much more fun and better for me right now.

There are so many things wrong with this expansion (class design - state of shadow priests, azurite traits) and I can't stand the theme of the zones.
    <inactive>

I have multiple accounts attached to my bnet account. So I still HAVE my vanilla account even though I'm not using it. I used it through Cata, then had a friend recruit me on a new account for fast leveling.

I started a week after AQ patch hit. And the highest I hit in vanilla was 43 on a dwarf hunter. He's still wearing his vanilla gear. I like looking at it occasionally for the nostalgia feels.
    Last edited by Edwardthehollow; 2018-11-08 at 02:22 PM.

I'd say most accounts still active are from Vanilla.

But also that most Vanilla accounts ever made are currently inactive.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started in EU-final beta where I got to borrow an account from a friend to try it out.. Bought WoW and started playing on the EU release. Sold my account after clearing the "new nax" in Wrath.

Bought a new account during ICC (which is my current account).

Have taken many breaks over the years.. To the point where the only expansions I've played all of is vanilla, TBC and cataclysm. All others I've played mostly from x.0 to x.1, then taking a break and coming back a month or two before the release of the next expansion.

So looking at that, I guess I'll cancel my BFA sub soon? :P In all seriousness though, I am enjoying BFA, and probably won't cancel anytime soon.

I don't really know where to see when your account was created, but my first billing was 2005-04-24, and I'm active since.

Technically my account was created in Vanilla, but only a month before BC came out(December 2006). So I do not consider myself a vanilla baby as I was only level 20ish when BC went live. Taken many breaks over the years, always come back and enjoy it.

Been rocking my account since 2005, sporadic breaks here and there, primarily through Cataclysm and WoD. Fairly consistent otherwise. Original character is my main alt and gets played frequently still.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still play the same character I made in vanilla(2005). I've only taken one break from my subscription that lasted about a year. Was finishing college, working full time and had a family so paying for something I didn't have time for did not make sense.

As for the number of vanilla accounts still active. I only have three original guildies that I still talk to that have live accounts also. So very few in my opinion stuck around. Mostly to do with life changes than lack of interest in the game. I feel that way because some old friends still turn on their account here and there and many have expressed their interest in classic on social media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since 2005 but i did take a couple of months off in MoP

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

2006 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Venters View Post
    So with the WoW Classic coming, I was just curious as to how many original Vanilla accounts are still active?

Is it a lot, or have a lot of those accounts gone inactive in the last 14 years?
    It was active until a month ago. Made my account upon release in Nov 2004. Took breaks in Legion and Cata and now in BFA. I'll probably resub for Classic and quit retail for good now.

Still have my vanilla warrior active and max level, but my warlock has been my main since WoTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    My 2005 acc i sold on ebay,
    I did that too, but then I took it back a year later by calling in and providing my ID.

LOL

Give it a try