Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I didn't look at it that way, though I guess it is possible as it makes a fair bit of sense. I'm not going to speculate one way or another and just ride the story wave as it were. We'll see.

I'm not sure what their significance is in the grand scheme, but they certainly do seem to be getting enough story relevance as Nero, Gaius, Livia, etc... did in the original ARR story. Again, guess we'll have to see.
    I honestly think, with the cloning shenanigans going on especially, they are a reverse ascian fusion that will end up turning into XIV's meltigemini. The one eyed, mirrord helmets are too much of a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I didn't look at it that way, though I guess it is possible as it makes a fair bit of sense. I'm not going to speculate one way or another and just ride the story wave as it were. We'll see.

I'm not sure what their significance is in the grand scheme, but they certainly do seem to be getting enough story relevance as Nero, Gaius, Livia, etc... did in the original ARR story. Again, guess we'll have to see.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember them saying dozens, they may have said half dozen. In the cutscene dialogue I remember, they said 6 more calamities, which would mean there had already been 7, which aligns with the fact that we're now in the 7th Astral Era, IIRC.
    Thanks. Honestly, I was going 36 hours on 2 hours of sleep when I was doing it and there was a lot being thrown at us. I probably need to rewatch the negotiations cut scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Honestly, she's only about the height of a tall Elezen (including her ears) or Roe. I imagine players will be equally tall.

I'm curious how short they can be.

Using art reference, standing with my miqo'te right against her, and he's a little short on the height options, his head is about at her chin and then her ears make her a full 2 heads taller than him. I have him right up against her targeted so he's looking up and she's looking down at him. When I clicked off of her, I had to laugh because miqo'te males are naturally looking down with their head downward.... which put his face right in her cleavage. Bad cat! *spray water*
    Reminds me of this screenshot I took 4 years ago:

Yeah, bad kitty indeed.....lol

If they're that tall, I may pass on playing one tbh. I like the smaller screen real estate of my miqo.

She's probably just a special model though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Reminds me of this screenshot I took 4 years ago:

Yeah, bad kitty indeed.....lol

If they're that tall, I may pass on playing one tbh. I like the smaller screen real estate of my miqo.

She's probably just a special model though.
    We need a screen shot of her next to a Roe or an elezaan to get an idea of Fran's height. The viera are tall in XII, though. I'd be interested to see what their shortest/tallest options will be.

Just about 3 weeks til we get to see more about them at Fan Fest EU, I imagine.

Mahjong is pretty confusing...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish my cat could speak more freely at times.

I'd love to tell his radiance that his vision of war going away if racial differences would be eliminated is quite naive and that men will ALWAYS have differences and will fight over them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Maybe he thinks the Allagans were the original race and we'll be merged into giant people again. When the divergence happened, we went from super tall giant people and got split down into numerous little races.
    Guess Lalafell got the short end of the stick... or rather the scraps that were left.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

I'd love to tell his radiance that his vision of war going away if racial differences would be eliminated is quite naive and that men will ALWAYS have differences and will fight over them.
    Honestly, the way he talked made me feel like the team had a fresh binge session of Evangelion because he sounded a lot like he wanted everyone to join Instrumentality.

We shall all be orange goo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Just wait until they put Shogi in for us to play!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Guess Lalafell got the short end of the stick... or rather the scraps that were left.

I know not the only example but thats all i think about lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Been out of country for the past couple of weeks and...

YEESSSSSSSSSS.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-01-11 at 12:08 AM.

We cleared Orbonne Monastery with about 10 minutes to spare. The third boss took the longest to learn, definitely a new Ozma. There's a lot going on in a lot of those fights, but man they were fun. I was laughing at how quick the second boss' insta-kill hits landed if you waited for the indicator rather than looking at the visuals during the set up and mentioned WoW's LFR never hit like this. Recovery was brutal on that fight. Healers would be trying to get enough mana to hit a raise, but an insta-kill would be on them mid-raise and they'd have trouble getting out in time.

The last fight was one of the best they've done, imo. Just the whole feel of it with the shield transition felt like it was a major end boss to a story rather than "merely" a side story.

Also found it really interesting that the 24 man ties into the MSQ and lead in to the expansion as much as it did. Story-wise, I feel like the 24 man comes first, then the MSQ for this patch.

I was also surprised how it tied a little into Omega as well, but i've still got to beat it. Have yet to get a group that can beat the second boss. Which is odd because you can tell people have Agrias down like a dance at this point already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, fuck you morbol.

also this hand
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-01-11 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to clear the 24man today, was relatively painless compared to Wednesday. 3 wipes total.

All in all, Orbonne has a lot of scary mechanics at first glance, but they're actually more manageable than I found the last two 24 mans on their first week

Hard to say if the playerbase is getting better, or if I just continue to get lucky.

Seiryu runs are going crap...

Either undergeared trap parties, unmelded players or people still in 360/365 weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P Graeham Cracker, you will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    R.I.P Graeham Cracker, you will be missed.
    what happened to Graeham? Or is it just the EU account deletion bug? He will prob be back if so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    what happened to Graeham? Or is it just the EU account deletion bug? He will prob be back if so.
    Yeah, and I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Yeah, and I hope so.
    It should be. His e-mail attached to this account is one he doesn't check often so he never authorized what he was required to keep his account. Hopefully he does that account retrieval soon.

any more information about the new class/es & Content of shadowbringers? the trailer is amzing