Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Absolutely hooked

I got tired of the ridiculousness of PoE and decided to fire up D3 again. I have logged many hours on the PS3 version, but eventually did pretty much everything I could do (got all sets on every class) since they stopped updating it.

On PC, I had one of each class up to like level 15, and my DH at 61 I believe. I purchased the Nerco pack when it released, got him to around 15 as well. This time around I decided to do some research first, got the biggest ruby I could in my helm and weapon, and just ran adventure mode over and over again until my Necro finally hit 70. Now that I had access to much higher gems, I twinked out my Wizard a bit. I remember Wizard being my favorite class on PS3 (and the fact the female is voiced by the chick who does Azula in Avatar helps!)...and boy, that was my hook. Got her to 70, using a legendary belt that allowed me to essentially just channel Disintegrate for free.

Breezed through Torment 3 with her, alternating between bounties for the rewards so I could stick stuff in the cube and rifts/Grifts for legendary gems. Her DPS just grew by leaps and bounds after that...I'm now on Torment 7, and could actually possibly bump it up to T8 or T9, but liking the speed at T7. With the gear she has both on and in the cube, while channeling Disintegrate I also cast for free black hole, energy twister and blizzard. I melt things so fast, it's so freaking FUN! I spend hours upon hours just grinding away. Keep in mind I'm no expert at this game...I got to Paragon 230ish in about a week just running rifts and bounties at T7. I'm trying to get the full Firebird's set, I think I'm only missing two pieces, and then my DPS is going to skyrocket again. I'm sure the build I'm going for isn't even remotely 'good', I doubt I'll get higher than maybe T10 at this rate, but for right now I'm really enjoying it.

I've leveled every class to 70 now except Monk (I'm in the process, but keep going back to my wizard...), and as soon as they hit 70 I just never touch them again. No other class so far, or at least no other build of the other classes that I've played, entertain me as much as the wizard does. Necro does well enough but requires way too many button presses; I just flat out suck with crusader and barbarian, they are way too squishy the way I play them; witch doctor didn't seem bad, might be the next one I give a shot; and I just can't stand the lackluster DPS of my DH. Takes her so freaking long to kill anything.

Wizard I just hold down the right mouse button and occasionally press 1 to hop around. Move, turret until dead, move, repeat. It's simple, it's fun, it's relaxing. I've watched a few videos on the other classes but I just can't find a playstyle with them that I actually enjoy playing. They either feel like work (Necro) or just don't melt faces like the wizard does.

So I had a couple of questions: How do you reroll the stats on set pieces? I can see how to do it for legendaries, do I just use the set converter option and just keep rolling through random pieces until I get stats I like? Sounds resource intensive! Secondly, is there a good place or a good youtuber I could watch to maybe figure out the other classes? Wizard I just picked up and ran with, I just can't seem to do that with the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The difference is you can do every single thing in a season in about 8 hours if played right. Try that in a new PoE league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    How do you reroll the stats on set pieces?
    a couple of ways actually ... you can take the piece to the Enchanter and individually re-roll a single stat into something else. alternatively, you can Reforge the entire item (legendary or set item) in Kanai's cube and essential "re-do" the piece. so for example, let's say you get some legendary gloves and the 2 stats you need is "cooldown reduction" and "area damage" ... and let's also say this piece already has "cooldown reduction on it" so you could take it to the Enchanter and re-roll some other Primary stat into "area damage" -- however -- if the piece has neither of these 2 stats on them, you may need to Reforge it in kanai's cube in order to hopefully get 1 (or 2) of those stats on it

Secondly, is there a good place or a good youtuber I could watch to maybe figure out the other classes? Wizard I just picked up and ran with, I just can't seem to do that with the others
    Rhykker, Bluddshed, LordFluffy, Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Glarolas View Post
    The difference is you can do every single thing in a season in about 8 hours if played right. Try that in a new PoE league.
    you can tho. Since the old shit you done several time before and the new shit doesn't take that long. Don't come here and tell me syndicate thing takes a long ass time, you have a few zones where you can farm up to the master in a couple of hours

Quote Originally Posted by Glarolas View Post
    Highly depends on what you mean by "do every single thing"

You can easily clear out the season in PoE an afternoon if you considering finishing the campaign and making a run at the top safehouse "doing every single thing"

Same can be said for reaching 70, doing a single grift, and finishing chapter 4.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    a couple of ways actually ... you can take the piece to the Enchanter and individually re-roll a single stat into something else. alternatively, you can Reforge the entire item (legendary or set item) in Kanai's cube and essential "re-do" the piece. so for example, let's say you get some legendary gloves and the 2 stats you need is "cooldown reduction" and "area damage" ... and let's also say this piece already has "cooldown reduction on it" so you could take it to the Enchanter and re-roll some other Primary stat into "area damage" -- however -- if the piece has neither of these 2 stats on them, you may need to Reforge it in kanai's cube in order to hopefully get 1 (or 2) of those stats on it

Rhykker, Bluddshed, LordFluffy, Leviathan
    Oh, so the 'reforge legendary' works on set pieces? I'll have to try that!
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so the 'reforge legendary' works on set pieces? I'll have to try that!
    2 things about that you should keep in mind.

1) Unless you got really garbage stats its usually just better rerolling 1 primary into something good.
    2) When you reforge your legendary, you re-do everything. So if it was already ancient it might become none-ancient, it could also be the other way around.

Apart from that nice seeing people getting hooked on D3 again. You should try out the newest season. It is quite good tbh.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

This is the first season in ages that i actually enjoy Diablo, this experiment they did with the seasonal buff its a huge success in my eyes, they would let the buff for next season as well and add more crazy stuff, i dont remember last time i seen the ladder with so so many different builds, all close to each other

10+ Year Old Account
    what was the last original content Diablo 3 did?

Darkening of Tristram? Necromancer Pack?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    what was the last original content Diablo 3 did?

Darkening of Tristram? Necromancer Pack?
    yup, the game is in maintenance mode right now, and as far as i know most of the people playing right now are the ones that goes for leaderboard rankings

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    yup, the game is in maintenance mode right now, and as far as i know most of the people playing right now are the ones that goes for leaderboard rankings
    And people who just like the game, sort of like the people who enjoyed POE long before the Diablo Immortal announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Nah, that's not me but I will happily confess that I play Diablo 3 about once a year for a couple of months, enjoy it a lot while I do and then put it away for another year. I think that's just fine myself. The game is fun to play in short bursts and the combat engine beats about everything. I like PoE too but the clunky combat engine and other problems annoy me sooner rather than later. They have great content though.

The idea for the new season is why I'm headed back in. I like starting fresh. Just not all the time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    its fun to jump back into something you haven't played in a while.

But then you slowly remember why you weren't playing it
    Last edited by SinR; 2019-01-20 at 05:17 AM.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Its hard to enjoy D3 because, well....

https://i.imgur.com/a0xn7p4.jpg

Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-01-20 at 05:20 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    snip
    Or people have different tastes?

I have a lot of nostalgic memories of D2 LOD (Because Vanilla D2 was pretty shit), but I've tried it nearly 10 times now in a serious manner in the last ~5 years and I can't get into it. Meanwhile I still have some fun in D3.

I'm not stupid enough to try and declare, "Diablo 2 is OBJECTIVELY better than Diablo 3" or vice versa, but I do really find myself annoyed at how much people jerk it over how good they REMEMBER Diablo 2 being. It was a great game but let's not go overboard.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-01-20 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    2 things about that you should keep in mind.

1) Unless you got really garbage stats its usually just better rerolling 1 primary into something good.
    2) When you reforge your legendary, you re-do everything. So if it was already ancient it might become none-ancient, it could also be the other way around.

Apart from that nice seeing people getting hooked on D3 again. You should try out the newest season. It is quite good tbh.
    I'm actually finding it more cost effective to just use the 'convert set item' to reroll stats than reforge legendaries. And yes, I know how to roll stats at the enchanter. Converting set items might change it to another item, but at only 10 Death's Breaths and Forgotten Souls and NONE of the bounty items, it's much cheaper in both items and time for me to deal with getting random pieces until I find one that works. If the new piece rolls to a different slot, say boots to gloves, and the new gloves are better than what I have now, I just swap them and roll the old gloves until I find something else.

I don't have any Ancient pieces yet, at least not for this particular set. I don't understand what's so good about Ancient gear, most of the ones I've picked up have been sub par to the stuff I already have anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    I couldn't get into D2 because stats and such were all over the place when it came to gear. That pic talks about the stats on gear mattering too much in D3; it did is D2 as well. You could end up with one or two bad rolls on an otherwise perfect piece of gear and it was trash. At least in D3 we can DO something about that. I will agree that, to an extent, gear stats didn't matter near as much as they do in D3.

I'm not trying to knock D2. Even though I never really got into it, I know it was a classic. I never played MP and I spent more time once the 1.10 patch released just creating and customizing my own personal mod for it than actually playing. But I like D3 for its simplicity. I DO think it's annoying as fuck that everything is based on weapon damage though. For something like the Barbarian I can understand that, but Witch Doctor? Wizard? That "DPS" number on the weapon shouldn't matter in the least. I think it's just Blizzard oversimplifying things for the sake of it.

I like D3 because, while gear DOES matter, getting that gear is nowhere NEAR as painful as it is in PoE, which is why I switched. If I die, eh /shrug I have to spend gold to repair. Oh darn. I'm sitting on almost 500m gold atm, I don't care. In PoE, you die, you lose potentially hours of grinding on inefficient maps because sustaining an end-game mapping pool is impossible without trading, and grinding on anything low level after 85+ means the experience you get per kill is almost negligible. I pre-ordered PoE at Silver tier, I have my Kiwi to prove it. I'm just tired of the system that punishes you and makes you work tooth and nail for every little thing. In D3 I can log in, go blast through a few rifts or bounties, and have tangible rewards at the end. If the gear doesn't have the stats I want, I have options to fix that that doesn't cost me obscenely obscure currency drops to do it. If I don't get any gear upgrades, I at least got gems or some other item or currency that will assist in advancing my character(s).

Anyone saying the same about a PoE league is simply wrong. Its not an opinion its just wrong. Morons including the "moderator". You cant clear a League in an afternoon easily as you imply, and again not an opinion just straight up wrong.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-01-20 at 10:54 AM.

snip
    Why post a picture that has been outdated and irrelevant for so many years? I prefer D2 and think it's superior for several reasons but it does frustrate me a tad that people criticize D3 for mechanics/design choices that were heavily altered years ago. It gives the impression that those that prefer D2 are idiots. You should at least play the game (or hell, do a second of research) before making a fool of your self.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2019-01-20 at 07:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the set you get from season chests for barb is the set I want on my barb, I decided to roll a season barb. Ew. Starting fresh with literally nothing sucks SO MUCH. I keep wanting to bump the difficulty up so I can get better experience but I die too much because my gear sucks. Wish I could find someone to just PL me to 70 lol.

Since the set you get from season chests for barb is the set I want on my barb, I decided to roll a season barb. Ew. Starting fresh with literally nothing sucks SO MUCH. I keep wanting to bump the difficulty up so I can get better experience but I die too much because my gear sucks. Wish I could find someone to just PL me to 70 lol.
    Just avoid doing anything that isn't rift and group up with people, level on hard/master (swapping between the two depending on cklear speed) and you'll be 70 in no time.

Only faster ways are some very specific builds that can chainpull entire zones and keep running around the same map over and over - some guy IIRC managed to level cap in 2 and half hours (or even less).

- - - Updated - - -

-snip-
    Well, this image is outdated as hell and with the expansion most fi not all of those systems went down the drain. Not saying D3 is wonderful, given its shortcomings.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.