Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Finally unlocked the Nightborne race, and man not happy

I'm a huge mog whore, and really into the way my character looks. Let me start off saying, I have been playing the male Blood Elf race almost exclusively all my WoW time that past 13 years. I love the way plate armor looks on the male Blood Elf. But last year, I wanted to try a different model, and after testing out quite a few males and females of different races, I settled on the female Night Elf. I was worried about it too, me being a guy, playing a woman character felt a little strange. I am not into slut mogs whatsoever, I just wanted a bad ass cool looking character.

And the female Night Elf Warrior, with full LFR T13 yellow plate mog from Dragon Soul, mixed in with a few pieces of Nighthold Normal Warrior armor, looks AMAZING, and super cool. The female Night Elf almost has a sort of Japanamation artistic cool design to them, and with full plate mogs just looks great, to me. Very unique, but still tough.

I tried the male Night Elf too, but he looks ridiculous, with an almost ape / gorilla design, HUGE shoulders, tiny waist, and bloated forearms, and fat ankles. Just an ugly design, almost as bad as the fat bloated out of shape looking human males, easily the ugliest character design in the game.

But I am not a huge Alliance fan, always preferred the Horde more, and my fav Guild is Horde. So I thought I'll I create a female Night Elf for the Horde, the Nightborne race.

Anyways, so been loving my female Night Elf Warrior, she is super cool. But I never got around to unlocking the Nightborne, as I didn't finish the Suramar questline during Legion. So I just spent the past one week + busting my balls on that flipping long questline, I was only Honored and 2/11 Chapters. So I had to get Exalted with Nightfallen, and then complete all 11 chapters. It was painful, and took forever. But i finally did it, and got flying in legion, and the Saber mounts, and Nightborne Allied race unlock.

I immediately Faction transferred my Night Elf Warrior, to a female Nightborne. And DAMN, I hate her, the design is not what I thought. I knew they were slightly different going in, but man she looks terrible compared the female Night Elf. What's up with the wide open leg stance on the female Nightborne ? And the tummy chest sticking out always stance ? And they move like almost in slow mo. And even Plate mogs don't look as bad ass on her, at least the Night Elf she still looked tough, and had some muscles, and her stance was great. The Nightborne looks sickly skinny and wimpy.

I even tried a male Nightborne, and they are much better looking than the gorilla shaped male Night Elf, but still the male Nightborne, looked like he skipped leg days, and has pencil skinny legs, and super thin waist, but still extra large shoulders, and he jumps and lands like a freaking monkey. So nope on that.

Now I might go back to the female Night Elf.

Thoughts opinions?

Probably should try a class trial to see if you like the race before you pay for any more changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Probably should try a class trial to see if you like the race before you pay for any more changes.
    ^ Not much to add there buddy, this guy said it all. You can see what you would look like before actually going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Yeah you are right. I'm more pissed going through the entire Suramar questline and getting Nightfallen exalted. At that time you can't even trial a Nightborne yet, so didn't truly know what they'd look like as my own character.

I wish they would at least allow trial characters to be allowed on every race, and then if you want to go with it, but don't meet the requirements then you do the quests or whatnot needed.

Oh well, I just wasted a lot of WoW time, and lost some cash.

I thought the Nightborne would be the Night Elf's, but for Horde. The Void Elf's I have unlocked, are pretty much carbon copies of the Blood Elf's, the male Blood Elf, and male Void Elf, look darn near identical to me, like 99% the same. But the female Night Elf vs the female Nightborne are vastly very different.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-02-12 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I knew they were slightly different going in, but man she looks terrible compared the female Night Elf. What's up with the wide open leg stance on the female Nightborne ? And the tummy chest sticking out always stance ? And they move like almost in slow mo. And even Plate mogs don't look as bad ass on her, at least the Night Elf she still looked tough, and had some muscles, and her stance was great. The Nightborne looks sickly skinny and wimpy.
    I think that Nightborne were supposed to be caster classes. They wanted to create aristocrat stance. I even like them, but they could have been more T H I C C. I also don't understand why most of their faces look so old. I am starting to think that real arcan'dor was only given to ruling caste(Thalyssra and friends) while others got fake one. I must admit that I'd like to race change, but I am too avaricious to do so.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think if you're paying for all of these services, Blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank.

EDIT: More seriously, the Nighborne really don't look that good IMO. They should have worked harder to get them to look like the NPCs.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2019-02-12 at 07:50 PM.

It can't hurt to try to request a refund. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

EDIT: More seriously, the Nighborne really don't look that good IMO. They should have worked harder to get them to look like the NPCs.
    The nightborne were rushed as hell just like the first 4 allied races, the void elves doesn't look so ugly because they are literally a swap of blood elves with new eldritch hairstyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The Nightborne were crackheads for years. No wonder they are skinny and messed up. They make better casters in a pretty dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    The nightborne were rushed as hell just like the first 4 allied races, the void elves doesn't look so ugly because they are literally a swap of blood elves with new eldritch hairstyle
    Well yeah.. they were rushed to get preorder money and keep sub numbers up during end of legion.

I just wish the Nightborne were carbon copies of the Night Elf's like the Void Elf's were of the Blood Elf's.

Or at least copy the Nightborne NPC's in Suramar, with the longer arms and trippy profile, almost alien looking. But nope, we get some cheap looking combination of a Night Elf mixed with the Suramar NPC's, but done by an intern working part-time, and the final release they look cheap as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    My biggest issue with the Nightborne model are their faces. Goddamn are they ugly. Blizzard really rushed them out of the door.

I'm more confused by you liking the current female nelf model tbh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They are elves, Blizz doesn't put effort in elves EVER. Pointy ears, that's all you get.

Female Night Elf = Warrior
    Female Nightborne = Mage

It's as simple as that.

I agree, in terms of overall looks of the allied races, the Nightborne are my least favourite by a wide margin as well.

I had made a female nightborne mage thinking that would be my go to for a caster but when you got to picking the body types I was already unimpressed. It was far to sinewy, way to skinny, more akin to a crack addict than a legend of lore. I know the history behind them but I was still a little more than a simple waif. In the end I wound up scrapping the idea. I'm not upset I spent the time and effort unlocking them, unlocking allied races has been a fun "ordeal" for me but man, they were a let down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I'm a huge mog whore, and really into the way my character looks. Let me start off saying, I have been playing the male Blood Elf race almost exclusively all my WoW time that past 13 years. I love the way plate armor looks on the male Blood Elf. But last year, I wanted to try a different model, and after testing out quite a few males and females of different races, I settled on the female Night Elf. I was worried about it too, me being a guy, playing a woman character felt a little strange. I am not into slut mogs whatsoever, I just wanted a bad ass cool looking character.

And the female Night Elf Warrior, with full LFR T13 yellow plate mog from Dragon Soul, mixed in with a few pieces of Nighthold Normal Warrior armor, looks AMAZING, and super cool. The female Night Elf almost has a sort of Japanamation artistic cool design to them, and with full plate mogs just looks great, to me. Very unique, but still tough.

I tried the male Night Elf too, but he looks ridiculous, with an almost ape / gorilla design, HUGE shoulders, tiny waist, and bloated forearms, and fat ankles. Just an ugly design, almost as bad as the fat bloated out of shape looking human males, easily the ugliest character design in the game.

But I am not a huge Alliance fan, always preferred the Horde more, and my fav Guild is Horde. So I thought I'll I create a female Night Elf for the Horde, the Nightborne race.

Anyways, so been loving my female Night Elf Warrior, she is super cool. But I never got around to unlocking the Nightborne, as I didn't finish the Suramar questline during Legion. So I just spent the past one week + busting my balls on that flipping long questline, I was only Honored and 2/11 Chapters. So I had to get Exalted with Nightfallen, and then complete all 11 chapters. It was painful, and took forever. But i finally did it, and got flying in legion, and the Saber mounts, and Nightborne Allied race unlock.

I immediately Faction transferred my Night Elf Warrior, to a female Nightborne. And DAMN, I hate her, the design is not what I thought. I knew they were slightly different going in, but man she looks terrible compared the female Night Elf. What's up with the wide open leg stance on the female Nightborne ? And the tummy chest sticking out always stance ? And they move like almost in slow mo. And even Plate mogs don't look as bad ass on her, at least the Night Elf she still looked tough, and had some muscles, and her stance was great. The Nightborne looks sickly skinny and wimpy.

I even tried a male Nightborne, and they are much better looking than the gorilla shaped male Night Elf, but still the male Nightborne, looked like he skipped leg days, and has pencil skinny legs, and super thin waist, but still extra large shoulders, and he jumps and lands like a freaking monkey. So nope on that.

Now I might go back to the female Night Elf.

Thoughts opinions?
    Well, they are another race? We should be happy the the races are not 100% just copy Paste.

Human males are fat and out of shape? You learn something new everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well yeah.. they were rushed to get preorder money and keep sub numbers up during end of legion.
    They shouldn't had done that, with the mage tower and the mount was enough to encorauge players to keep playing, if they didn't rushed the first 4 lot, then a lot of more people would had bought race change, heck I would had changed my warrior to nightborne just because I love the spellblade look of the armor and the warrior gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Yeah their stance is terrible for melee classes. In general, the Nightborne don't look nearly as nice as I'd expected.

They should've really been 'just' a Night Elf reskin, like the Void Elfs

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Human males are fat and out of shape? You learn something new everyday.
    YEP.

The male human model is easily the worst in all of WoW. They look like fat fucks. Plate gear looks the worst on them, with their fat legs and no thigh gap, their HUGE Popeye forearms and no wrists, their thick bloated look is disgusting. They look like a race, that needs a trip to the gym. basically they look like chubby couch potatoes that are are cosplaying