Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Nobody is calling it a new tactic, stop posting nonsense and stop derailing this thread.
    How am I derailing this thread?I'm replying to accusations of how Anthem doesn't Devolves into "Cover and Shooting" especially in Higher Level Strongholds.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-03 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Edit For Clarification.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I give up, he's just arguing to argue at this point. That combat in Division is so damn boring, 90% of the game you're bent over behind a half wall and if you peak up for a second you're dead.
    The Division 2 has a solution for that; now enemies bombard you with Drones in cover.

I give up, he's just arguing to argue at this point. That combat in Division is so damn boring, 90% of the game you're bent over behind a half wall and if you peak up for a second you're dead.
    Absolutely not, you seem like you get bent out of shape every time somebody Criticizes Anthem.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The Division 2 has a solution for that; now enemies bombard you with Drones in cover.
    Oh fun, so now you'll just need to move cover to cover more lol. I'll stick to jumping in and blowing shit up :P

Oh fun, so now you'll just need to move cover to cover more.
    Just like you need to do with GM Temple of Scar boss in Anthem. How fun.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Absolutely not, you seem like you get bent out of shape every time somebody Criticizes Anthem.
    No, I know anthem has issues, they're fixing them, "cover based combat" is not one of them. The game is not created around cover like Division is. You may need to HIDE on occasion to get shields to recharge, but even in the GM3 video I posted he spends most of the time in IN YOUR FACE combat. You do that in division and you're dead.

You do that in division and you're dead.
    Again, not on Lower Difficulties, Stop over exaggerating.

No, I know anthem has issues, they're fixing them, "cover based combat" is not one of them.
    I never said that.

Just like you need to do with GM Temple of Scar boss in Anthem. How fun.
    And that's an issue that needs to be fixed, no one does that boss for that reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, not on Lower Difficulties, Stop over exaggerating.
    If you're over geared, leveling you will die.

Yeah they're still Covering and Shooting, You'll be doing a lot of Cover and Shooting regardless of Build in Anthem.

Anthem may be faster paced, but again Higher GM levels definitely devolve into getting Cover.
    I mean...what's the alternative? Everyone just face tanks everything? All attacks are placed AoE's/telegraphed melee attacks or something? Of course cover is going to be an important part of fighting, it's a damn shooter. Cover has pretty much always mattered and been key in shooters.

Why is needing to use cover an inherently "bad" thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fun, so now you'll just need to move cover to cover more lol. I'll stick to jumping in and blowing shit up :P
    I enjoy the Division but the endgame mission they let us play in the private beta wasn't great. Enemies spammed Drones with strikes on you and were bullet spongy (having said that, it's hard to say without proper gadget / gear setup so I remain optimistic it isn't as bad as that mission made it out to be). I however prefer Anthem combat by a mile. It's much smoother and way more satisfying.

And that's an issue that needs to be fixed, no one does that boss for that reason.
    So Hiding From Cover like in any other shooter needs to be fixed?

If you're over geared, leveling you will die.
    Yet Division 2 has lower difficulties where you can run and gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I never said or suggested it was.

I enjoy the Division but the endgame mission they let us play in the private beta wasn't great. Enemies spammed Drones with strikes on you and were bullet spongy (having said that, it's hard to say without proper gadget / gear setup so I remain optimistic it isn't as bad as that mission made it out to be). I however prefer Anthem combat by a mile. It's much smoother and way more satisfying.
    It's starting to suffer from bullet sponginess at GM3 though, I hope they can get that under control.

- - - Updated - - -

So Hiding From Cover like in any other shooter needs to be fixed?
    Yes, it's dull gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...what's the alternative? Everyone just face tanks everything? All attacks are placed AoE's/telegraphed melee attacks or something? Of course cover is going to be an important part of fighting, it's a damn shooter. Cover has pretty much always mattered and been key in shooters.

Besides in the Temple, you take cover from the boss but you still are in full view of other enemies. That's why you take cover from the boss anyway so you can deal with adds / break the fans. In the Division you take cover from everything, as the game is designed that way. Combat is way slower pace in general.

Yes, it's dull gameplay.
    Yet to Recover Shield in Anthem in need to Fly away and get to cover when low on Health/Shield.

Yet to Recover Health in Anthem in need to Fly away and get to cover when low on Health/Shield.
    No, to recover HEALTH in anthem you need to get into the action and pick up repair drops. To recover shields, you just need to not get hit, which can be down outside of cover if you're good enough.

No, to recover HEALTH in anthem you need to get into the action and pick up repair drops.
    Yet to Recover Shield in Anthem in need to Fly away and get to cover when low on Health/Shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's starting to suffer from bullet sponginess at GM3 though, I hope they can get that under control.
    I think bullet sponginess is already a problem in GM2, perhaps less so in an organized group than a pug though. However, some level of bullet sponginess is an inherent evil of this type of game due to gear progression. I do think that GM2/3 need HP reduction on all mobs though.

Or just dodge, it's not hard, maybe you're just not good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I think bullet sponginess is already a problem in GM2, perhaps less so in an organized group than a pug though. However, some level of bullet sponginess is an inherent evil of this type of game due to gear progression. I do think that GM2/3 need HP reduction on all mobs though.
    You can do it better with more enemies that have more abilities then just increasing health. Those storms that have health based abilities are a good start.

Or just dodge, it's not hard, maybe you're just not good enough.
    Yet there are maps that are designed to where you can take Cover.

Yet the map is designed to where you can take Cover.
    If need be, it's not a main point of game play like it is in division. It's an option, not always the answer. In division cover is ALWAYS the answer.