Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 91 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Another gripe is... does Captain Marvel have any actual weaknesses? Because couple that with people behind the movies saying "she's the ONLY ONE who can beat Thanos" is giving away red flags, especially with ending where she's singlehandedly tearing through the Kree ships.

I thought Thor was already stronger than Thanos with all infinity stone. Only reason Thanos lived at the end of Infinity War was because Thor wasted time when he should have finished the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Can you be any more of a whiny snowflake? Just go bitch on Tumblr with the rest of the people with massive victim complexes.
    It's the feminists who have massive victim complexes and trump derangement syndrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

I enjoyed the movie quite a lot, probably one of my favorites together with GOTG, Avengers. I never liked Captain America and I felt Black Panther was kinda meh. Looking forward to Endgame :>

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    wtf does gilette have to do with captain marvel? Remember what I said about living in a perpetual state of faux outrage? lol
    Yeah, you also said something about "Come back to reality" but it looks like you are the one lucid dreaming. Faux outrage is a feminist thing with all that bitching about man-spreading and all other bullshit like asking women for number or even smiling at them...

Also faux outrage is comming from all those people defending CM

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    Black Panther was kinda meh
    Well that's racist /s
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2019-03-10 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    It's the feminists who have massive victim complexes and trump derangement syndrome
    You're in a thread about Captain Marvel bitching about your feelings being hurt by a fucking razor commercial.

You're doing literally the same fucking thing you're accusing feminists of doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent movie. 6/10. About as bad as Thor Dark World.

A little upset that they had a chance to do something with the Skrulls and. . .. .. . they didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Nope, vast majority I'm seeing are from Feb/March. Quick Google search turning up mostly stuff from Feb/March.
    And that is how these movie end up getting audience bombed. Facts, who needs facts, proof is the thing in my head I’ve convinced myself is true. Captain Marvel is popular because of pre sales. Facts are what I say they are. I say everyone hates Captain Marvel, and no matter how big the sales are the movie failed and NOBODY went too see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You're in a thread about Captain Marvel bitching about your feelings being hurt by a fucking razor commercial.

You're doing literally the same fucking thing you're accusing feminists of doing.
    Somewhere along the line we became a grevience based society in which people only find a sense of self worth based on how much they can feel they are being picked on. While it’s true across the board, for some reason in the last few years young white men have embraced it with a passion and find anger and outrage in every single imaginable slight

I went for the Flerken,was not disappointed.

they slow down on star wars movies but keep pumping out comic book bullshit.

come the fuck on disney.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    And that is how these movie end up getting audience bombed. Facts, who needs facts, proof is the thing in my head I’ve convinced myself is true. Captain Marvel is popular because of pre sales. Facts are what I say they are.
    The facts are easy to verify though. Quick search of google, quick search on Youtube. The morons bitching about Brie Larsen almost all began popping up in Feb/March. That is verifiable man, not sure why you're arguing this? And I never said it's popular cause of pre-sales, I said it was already going to have a big weekend cause of pre-sales(this has been known for a long time), and we wouldn't know how successful it truly is until the second week. If the the sales remain strong, then that proves all the backlash was just talk. If the sales drop way off, that shows there may indeed be something to it(and even that doesn't prove the backlash was exclusively the issue, it could also just have to do with word of mouth, reviews coming in, people liking it but not enough to go to multiple viewings of it, etc). I didn't say everyone hates Cap Marvel or that nobody went to see it, all I said is we won't KNOW for sure till second week, when you don't have pre-sales skewing things. So as far as "making stuff up", looks like you're the one doing that mate.

Guys. It's not a bad movie. You don't have to resort to the Ghostbusters defense because people aren't giving it a 9.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    https://www.thewrap.com/how-did-the-...-vell-skrulls/

It's a weak plot but still there are no plot holes it seems about Tesseract.
    Cheers for the info and now makes some sense, keep forgetting that the first Avengers movie takes place after CM.. Just gets confusing, and ideally CM should of come after CA and before Iron Man, Thor and the Avengers to keep some sort of continuity in the overriding story arc that the movies were doing.. But can't have everything I suppose.. lol
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-10 at 01:56 PM.

Cut the politics and other crap.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Cheers for the info and now makes some sense, keep forgetting that the first Avengers movie takes place after CM.. Just gets confusing, and ideally CM should of come after CA and before Iron Man, Thor and the Avengers to keep some sort of continuity in the overriding story arc that the movies were doing.. But can't have everything I suppose.. lol
    Yeah, I've scratched my head too about timelines for a bit. Still it's a bit of weak writing how such an important element of first movies in the series got tossed aside and then re-appeared out of nowhere.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2019-03-10 at 05:40 PM.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Saw it yesterday, wasnt that bad. Sure there was some women agenda, but nothing horrible. What I didnt like tho was the fact that Avengers are named after Carol.
    And lets hope she wont be the one who solves everything in Endgame.

I watched it yday, there was as honik above said, some serious 'lolz us wimmenz are so strong men r pigz' bullshit. but overall it was decent. my daughter LOVED the..surprise.

overall, well worth watching, and bridges the gap, the main ladies performance was wooden as hell and in my eyes, awful casting. but aside from that, perfectly watchable
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

7+ Year Old Account
    Captain Marvel grossed an estimated $302.0M internationally this weekend, including $89.3M from China. Global total stands at $455.0M.
    https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...64802134491138

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I kinda questioned why Fury was keeping Goose close to him after what Goose did. I'm not talking about waiting for the Teseract to "come out" - so much as keeping him in the same room with a little kitty bed next to his desk. Any cat who took out my eye I would make certain they were at least 1 state apart from me! Or in Goose's case, confined in his own little glass cell with several litter boxes waiting for a Teseract to come out, one way or another. >_<
    That would have made way more sense, would have more clearly established that he doesn't trust anyone any more. And yes I'm taking this meme entirely seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Saw it yesterday, wasnt that bad. Sure there was some women agenda, but nothing horrible. What I didnt like tho was the fact that Avengers are named after Carol.
    And lets hope she wont be the one who solves everything in Endgame.
    I doubt she's going to do that much. She's hardly more powerful than Thor now (who tanked the heat of a star, can teleport across the cosmos instantly, solo entire armies and could have one-shot Thanos with all the stones) and without his gauntlet Mr. Purple seems hardly a match for either of them in a fight. Endgame's conflict isn't going to be resolved just by punching Thanos in the face or blasting him with lazers, and apart from piloting these are Marvel's only significant skills.

At least that's how I see it. If all the Avengers need to end this is some incredibly overpowered character, they already have him. She may be important but I'm pretty sure stuff like the Quantum Realm will be moreso. Ant-Man, savior of the universe?

I see I was pretty much on the ball about everything.

Trailers gave away so much plot.

Didnt think they would go that far with fury though. They are making a already polished created world into a mess by injecting new characters into older timelines.

They are opening a can of worms