Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's not designed for the need of a healer. The votekick function was used as intended as the majority of the group did not want a healer this kicked him. Sorry you don't like it, but that's the way it is.

When you play an MMO sometimes other people have a say in your actions you aren't the only one paying that sub fee after all. If OP wanted to run as healer HE should have been the one to make a group, not que up and inconvenience pugs
    no, the vote kick feature wasn't designed for groups not wanting a healer...that's just fucking stupid. It was designed so you can kick people who are fucktards or purposely trying to ruin your group fun and/or people who are really bad and/or inactive.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Island Expedition is designed to be played by any mix of the roles.

Play what you want and if some asshat kicks you cause you wouldn't switch then report them. If people want a perfect and speedy run they should forum a pre-made group.

- - - Updated - - -

And then you would be abusing the kick system and I hope the healer you kick reports you and you get banned.

Make a premade group if u don't want X role in your group.
    More ignorance. Kicking people is not a reportable offence. It just makes you look stupid. Why are you telling people how to play the game. If they don't want a healer, why are they forced to use one? If someone is being kicked often from content, it is up to them to change. The community has spoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    More ignorance. Kicking people is not a reportable offence.
    Abusing the kick system is and you are abusing it by kicking people just because of the role they play.

Feel free to talk to a GM and get proven wrong.

The community has spoken.
    And your part of the community (People who act like this) is factually wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaruu View Post
    what if a make a party and kik people non stop from islands and give them deserter debuf all the time would that be ok than?like a friend of mine doing ganking level 20s 5 hours a day evey day no punishment
    sounds like you are your friends are assholes.
    spending all day ganking
    joining islands as healer and refusing to change to dps
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    no, the vote kick feature wasn't designed for groups not wanting a healer...that's just fucking stupid. It was designed so you can kick people who are fucktards or purposely trying to ruin your group fun and/or people who are really bad and/or inactive.
    That is exactly what the vote kick was designed for. It was designed for the group to vote on players that they do not want in their group. A healer getting kicked is exactly the perfect use. The majority decided that they didn't want a healer. They voted 100% for kicking the healer and it was done. You cannot get any clearer than that.
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    i got 3 day ban for hereasment
    sure you did, i wonder why, the guy who refuses to change spec, wasting peoples time, and blames them
    also the person friends with a dude who ganks low levels all day every day
    you must be such an amazing person.

Abusing the kick system is and you are abusing it by kicking people just because of the role they play.

What part is abuse? A vote goes out. The majority of people have to agree. Vote passed. Healer gone. Where is the abuse?
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Getting defensive about the commentary from a tank perspective doesn't change or invalidate the point. The content wasn't designed to need a healer or tank. While a tank has the option to pull a ton of stuff and start wracking up some crazy aoe damage (presuming people can avoid standing in all the swirlies), healers contribute very little because the healing isn't required. There's some stuff they can buy with the tokens that can help, but if a healer is tagging along and expecting to be carried through it while they do almost nothing I'd votekick them every single time. The same as I would a tank or a dps that wasn't carrying their own weight.
    It's their job to get defensive. AYYYOOOOOO

Healers get kicked because they are useless. No repercussions. Sounds like fact to me.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    kicked out island expedition 2 times in a row by same guys 1h deserter
    join as healer in island expedition got kiked 30 min deserter buf 30 min later same guys instant kiked me
    they both same realm this happens all the time in dungeon when people play as party
    They want a faster run, so more damage. You could always put them on ignore, and you shouldn't queue with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Healers get kicked because they are useless. No repercussions. Sounds like fact to me.
    Healers are only useless in Island expeditions when the two others are useless as well. You can go quite huge and fast pulls if you have a healer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

As much as I think telling others to play something they don't want to, queueing up as dps is better because then hopefully people don't go all " Healer is useless huuuuuuuur " and kick you.

Now of course most people are there for quick AP which means if you are a healer who doesn't do any attacking then you are actively slowing it down. in anything below mythic you really should contribute offensively as a healer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    As much as I think telling others to play something they don't want to, queueing up as dps is better because then hopefully people don't go all " Healer is useless huuuuuuuur " and kick you.

Now of course most people are there for quick AP which means if you are a healer who doesn't do any attacking then you are actively slowing it down. in anything below mythic you really should contribute offensively as a healer.
    yeah i am all fine with people playing what they want to play, but islands arte already annoying, i dont want them to take longer i will kick healers if i ask "can you go dps" and they say "i am staying healer"

but well for holy pallies i dont suspect them to switch, cause well int to strength

cancerous community, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah i am all fine with people playing what they want to play, but islands arte already annoying, i dont want them to take longer i will kick healers if i ask "can you go dps" and they say "i am staying healer"

but well for holy pallies i dont suspect them to switch, cause well int to strength
    But surely if its is a well geared healer who can still do reasonable dps is it really then an issue that warrants giving them a deserter debuff over?

whe shod kik you from raids if you don t do good heal as dps
    Good healers know that they don't have to use every global to heal. The faster the encounter goes down, the less there is to heal, and in the current meta healers are absolutely expected to DPS. That's why you have DPS abilities. If you were a trial for my guild and your healing was ok but you had no damage, you wouldn't get an invite because you're objectively not playing your class well.

Some DPS do have healing utility, and actually yeah - people can't DPS when they're dead, and a good DPS knows when to back off and use some of their utility to prevent either their own death, or the death of others. That's why those abilities are there. If a DPS is just tunneling, and there are deaths that they could reasonably prevent then they should probably get the boot because they're clearly not playing well. That's why DPS blaming healers for wipes is a meme. Bad players blame healers for wipes because they put undue strain on said healers by playing poorly.

I think what's happened here is that, and I'm not saying this to be mean, you haven't properly understood what your role in a group is and you're expecting other people to just roll with it. At the end of the day, the healers in my guild have DPS offspecs which they have geared for and know how to play, and if there is less healing required they will swap specs because the extra healing is unnecessary. Most of the damage in normal or heroic expeditions is completely avoidable, and DPS classes have the tools to mitigate the small amount of unavoidable damage that there is. Given that your healing clearly isn't needed, there is no reason for you to heal and you should go DPS. That's not an unreasonable expectation, and your refusal to do anything other than stand there and heal is on you.

Again, trying to be constructive here - maybe you should focus less on how unfair everyone else is being, and maybe consider whether there's something you could do differently to make a more appropriate contribution to the content that you're doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    But surely if its is a well geared healer who can still do reasonable dps is it really then an issue that warrants giving them a deserter debuff over?
    if they can do good dps yes i let them stay, i usually do a pack or two, and if they are doing literally nothing i do a vote kick, if they are doing atleast average (5-8k) for the usual people you get in randoms, i keep em.

Vote kick in GENERAL, needs to change.
    1.- When a votekick goes through, it should be prompted to the receiver with the reason of the kick. It's hard to correct a problem when they kick you and they dont say why. Not even if you ask them politely?
    2.- They shouldn't allow to votekick if the IE counter is over 85%. There are trolls out there "kicking ppl for the lulz" at the every last moment.

Also, the report system should inform back with the measures taken. There's an increasing feeling that there's no punishment for this kind of harassment. Overwatch does it, if I'm not misremembering. Dunno why WoW doesn't.

Make a premade group if you want to play Island Expeditions as a healer is what I would suggest. Also healers are slightly better for PvP expeditions if you use a strategy where you actively try to attack the other group (even then I prefer full DPS grps for PvP expeditions for two quick wins though).

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Obviously he is the same realm when it is the same guy. And in IE you can get kicked by just 1 guy? Then suddenly this post is about happening to you " all the time in dungeon when people play as party "

Yeah, ok...calling this a bs post...or it really is you...maybe...possibly? When it happens to you "all the time"
    I think you need to READ the post again
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Obviously he is the same realm when it is the same guy. And in IE you can get kicked by just 1 guy? Then suddenly this post is about happening to you " all the time in dungeon when people play as party "

Yeah, ok...calling this a bs post...or it really is you...maybe...possibly? When it happens to you "all the time"
    i think you not got that with „both“ op means the 2 other guys, in the 3members island exp group, were from the same realm. and not „both times the same guy“