Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Also helps that the Switch actually has games while the Wii U was just an overpriced paperweight.
    Yea the Wii U had no games must be why people keep wanting and buying ports of Wii U games on the Switch

Also helps that the Switch actually has games while the Wii U was just an overpriced paperweight.
    Your right the Wii-U didn't have any games.....None At All...

(Still need to get a few more games for my collection)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea the Wii U had no games must be why people keep wanting and buying ports of Wii U games on the Switch
    Still waiting on my stupid hashtag fiyah emburem

Comparing over priced accessories to games maintaining their launch MSRP.

Wat.
    Well you call them overpriced yourself so we are getting somewhere to understanding each other I guess.

I know u think it's cool that Nintendo keeps prices on games high no matter how old they are but me as a consumer have little story with that, nearly every other platform that supports gaming you see games drop in price after a certain time, yet here I am still paying 59.99 for games that came out in 2017, wat.

Not to mention games that eventually come to switch and cost like 50% more then they currently cost on other platforms.
    I like my Switch , I will keep buying games for it, especially new ones ( not remakes or ports from other consoles ) I gladly pay 59.99 for it if its a good game, but not for 2 year old stuff, well thanks to regular amazon.de or .fr sales I don't really have to and I managed to pick up those games for like 44 a while back, but that's my opinion and like I said you don't have to agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    nearly every other platform that supports gaming you see games drop in price after a certain time
    1) I think you mean "publisher" not "platform" Nintendo does not control when or how 3rd parties drop the price of their own software for Nintendo systems.

2) Publishers drop the price to move more units because their data shows it will generate more revenue. On the other hand, Nintendo has literally never done this in their history and their games continue to sell well at full price for years so why would they try to be like everyone else just for the sake of it? To piss away perfectly good money? What makes YOU entitled to getting a discounted price on a game Nintendo is still meeting their sales goals with at full price?

3) Once again the accessories comparison is bunk. Literally compared with MS/Sony variants of the same things the Switch's where literally $10-20 higher each. Meanwhile they sell their games at the same $60 the rest of the industry does. Only their games actually continue to sell, and they don't need to fire sell off copies to meet quarterly goals.

4) If you paid attention to the JP gaming markert(shocker Nintendo is a JP company) it's actually not just Nintendo. Games rarely get discounted in Japan compared to the rest of the world regardless of publisher. Know why? The companies are conservative and don't overship stock to stores that needs to be cleared. Usually a few years after a release you will get a "BEST" version release that is discounted, if that.

Nobody is entitled to games being slashed in price just for the sake of it. Nintendo is not going to literally piss away money because some dude on the internet is mad BoTW is still $60 when it continues to be in top 10 charts every damn month.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-04-18 at 07:40 PM.

God dang. There are a lot of Isabelle dies videos on the shared content thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Those games didn't exactly help the Wii U break more than 15 million units sold during its five year lifespan, did they? In comparison, the Switch has more than doubled that number in only two years.

People are buying them on the Switch because the console is not a piece of trash like its predecessor.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-04-18 at 09:29 PM.

1) I think you mean "publisher" not "platform" Nintendo does not control when or how 3rd parties drop the price of their own software for Nintendo systems.
    No I meant platform, as in Xbox/PS/PC, so like in '' on every other platform you see older games being sold for less ''.
    Also this discussion is getting tiresome cause we keep slinging the same sentences at each other and we will never agree, in the end I got the games for 43.99 on Amazon so I got them and I didn't pay 59.99 so in my book that's a win, especially considering its a Nintendo Switch game and not a PS4 game.

Also I'm not ''mad'' as you like to sling around, i'm just saying that I find it dumb that 2 year old Switch games are still 59.99 while literally every other platform drops the price of their 2 year old games, or at least has DECENT sales 2x a year.
    That's my opinion about the switch games and their price, you don't have to agree and that's fine, that's why it's a forum, you know a place where everyone has a different opinion and not everyone agrees about the same thing.

On the up side in 2 years time I can still sell it USED to someone for close to 40 cause it will still be 59.99 LuL
    Last edited by FluFF; 2019-04-18 at 09:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Those games didn't exactly help the Wii U break more than 15 million units sold during its five year lifespan, did they? In comparison, the Switch has more than doubled that number in only two years.

People are only buying them on the Switch because the console is not a piece of trash like its predecessor.
    The problem with the Wii U is, it was 2007 performance, with a 2004 CPU, sold in 2012. And while the Switch is also not up to the current gen in performance, it has the portability angle that completely changes the game in that regard.

People are buying them on the Switch because the console is not a piece of trash like its predecessor.
    Literally the highest selling game on the Switch is a damn Wii U port in MK8 lmao. The Wii U did not fail because of it's lack of quality games, in fact if you look at aggregate reviews you will see the Wii U was literally handing the PS4 it's lunch during it's life span. The Wii U's game quality is literally evidence by people wanting ports or new versions of literally it's entire fucking library on the Switch. Your argument is non sense, the Wii U failed because it was a marketing disaster. It truthfully had far more quality games then it had any business getting.

- - - Updated - - -

No I meant platform
    No, you mean publisher. 3rd party games on the Switch go on sale as often as they do on any other platform.

Sorry you refused the correction and had to be corrected AGAIN. Mario+Rabbids is regularly on sale in the $25 range... know why? Ubisoft published the game, not Nintendo.

Literally the highest selling game on the Switch is a damn Wii U port in MK8 lmao. The Wii U did not fail because of it's lack of quality games, in fact if you look at aggregate reviews you will see the Wii U was literally handing the PS4 it's lunch during it's life span. The Wii U's game quality is literally evidence by people wanting ports or new versions of literally it's entire fucking library on the Switch. Your argument is non sense, the Wii U failed because it was a marketing disaster. It truthfully had far more quality games then it had any business getting.
    You can sugar coat things all you want. But that doesn't change the fact that the Wii U was a commercial failure and no one with a functioning brain wanted to buy one just to play those games. Even Nintendo are doing everything in their power to forget the piece of shit existed.

You can sugar coat things all you want. But that doesn't change the fact that the Wii U was a commercial failure and no one with a functioning brain wanted to buy one just to play those games. Even Nintendo are doing everything in their power to forget the piece of shit existed.
    Why the sudden goal post shift? Your original claim was the Wii U had no games, and yet the top selling Switch game is a Wii U game that originally released in 2014 lol... Not to mention all the other Wii U ports on the system that have sold well, or the ones people still want like W101 and TMS.

Nobody is claiming the Wii U was an attractive system to buy, it was a marketing disaster and released with the wrong kind of hardware at the wrong time. YOU claimed games where the issue, they where not. That is all, we're not gonna play a game of 20 goal post shifts. There is no sugar coating, it's called CORRECTING. If the Wii U didn't have good games that people wanted to play they wouldn't be selling monster numbers on the Switch. Fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I meant platform, as in Xbox/PS/PC, so like in '' on every other platform you see older games being sold for less ''.
    Also this discussion is getting tiresome cause we keep slinging the same sentences at each other and we will never agree, in the end I got the games for 43.99 on Amazon so I got them and I didn't pay 59.99 so in my book that's a win, especially considering its a Nintendo Switch game and not a PS4 game.

Also I'm not ''mad'' as you like to sling around, i'm just saying that I find it dumb that 2 year old Switch games are still 59.99 while literally every other platform drops the price of their 2 year old games, or at least has DECENT sales 2x a year.
    That's my opinion about the switch games and their price, you don't have to agree and that's fine, that's why it's a forum, you know a place where everyone has a different opinion and not everyone agrees about the same thing.

On the up side in 2 years time I can still sell it USED to someone for close to 40 cause it will still be 59.99 LuL
    Non Nintendo games go on sales quite regularly on Switch. In fact, in NoE regions there's even one going on right now on bigger games such as Wolfenstein, Doom etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

(Still need to get a few more games for my collection)
    Well, can you tell me a WII U game that is not ported to the switch/3ds or doesnt have an obviously superior successor on the switch?

I think the dreamcast has more decent dreamcast exclusives than the U has U exclusives in that regard.

Why the sudden goal post shift? Your original claim was the Wii U had no games, and yet the top selling Switch game is a Wii U game that originally released in 2014 lol... Not to mention all the other Wii U ports on the system that have sold well, or the ones people still want like W101 and TMS.

Nobody is claiming the Wii U was an attractive system to buy, it was a marketing disaster and released with the wrong kind of hardware at the wrong time. YOU claimed games where the issue, they where not. That is all, we're not gonna play a game of 20 goal post shifts. There is no sugar coating, it's called CORRECTING. If the Wii U didn't have good games that people wanted to play they wouldn't be selling monster numbers on the Switch. Fact.
    You're really fixating on my first comment, aren't ya? Fine. The Wii U did have games. Happy now?
    Doesn't matter either way. Considering barely anyone bought the fucking thing, it might as well have not had any games. It wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.
    Besides, I consider them all Switch games now because all of the good games on the Wii U now have enhanced ports or superior sequels.
    Sure, the people that already owned them on Wii U or double dipped feel screwed. But that serves them right for foolishly buying a Wii U to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Well, can you tell me a WII U game that is not ported to the switch/3ds or doesnt have an obviously superior successor on the switch?
    Wonderful 101
    Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    Xenoblade Chronicles X
    WW/TP HD
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario 3D World

Not gonna list a few more because their quality is questionable(Star Fox Zero, Devil's Third etc...)

And yea, the list of exclusives the Wii U has is dwindling which is the entire point. They where good games, that people want to play which is why they are being ported to the Switch(or getting successors in the case of Splatoon, MM, Smash etc).

- - - Updated - - -

You're really fixating on my first comment, aren't ya? Fine. The Wii U did have games. .
    If only you ended the post here. Instead you threw a fit and tried to strawman in a new argument.

The Wii U had good games, it's okay to be wrong. Don't make rash hot takes on the internet if you don't want them pointed out.

If only you ended the post here. Instead you threw a fit and tried to strawman in a new argument.

The Wii U had good games, it's okay to be wrong. Don't make rash hot takes on the internet if you don't want them pointed out.
    It's not a Strawman if it's true. Sales figures are all the proof you need.

Wii: 101.63 million

Wii U: 13.56 million

Switch: 32.27 million (and counting)

Do the math!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a Strawman if it's true. Sales figures are all the proof you need.

Wii: 101.63 million

Wii U: 13.56 million

Switch: 32.27 million (and counting)

Do the math!
    It's still possible for a game to be good even with poor sales as a result of poor hardware sales.

Bad hardware sales doesn't necessarily mean all the games on a system were bad.

Do the math!
    Yes, go do the math and tell me how many millions of copies Wii U games have sold on the switch. Hint: It's north of 30 million(and that is also without having good numbers on the NSMBU port yet LOL). You're the one that claimed that the system had no games, and yet almost all switch owners seem to want them. Sorry your hot take was incredibly false mate but this is kind of getting sad with all the deflections.

Yes, go do the math and tell me how many millions of copies Wii U games have sold on the switch. Hint: It's north of 30 million(and that is also without having good numbers on the NSMBU port yet LOL). You're the one that claimed that the system had no games, and yet almost all switch owners seem to want them. Sorry your hot take was incredibly false mate but this is kind of getting sad with all the deflections.
    I already retracted my previous statement about the Wii U not having any good games.
    But again, because you clearly lack basic reading comprehension. Those good games didn't exactly entice people into buying a Wii U, did they?
    You even said it yourself.

how many millions of copies Wii U games have sold on the switch.
    Exactly. ON. THE. SWITCH! Nobody wanted to buy the Wii U because it was an awful outdated gimmicky piece of shit!

Now just stop talking, because I'm sick of trying to hammer facts into your thick skull.