Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Firefox just broke all addons...

Looks like there was some bug in the most recent version of Firefox. The FF subreddit is going crazy, something about when the PC system clock updated to a specific time and date all addons are broken and removed.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightElfMohawk View Post
    Looks like there was some bug in the most recent version of Firefox. The FF subreddit is going crazy, something about when the PC system clock updated to a specific time and date all addons are broken and removed.
    I assume you are talking about browser games? Or add-ons, such as popup blockers and such?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

All the extensions, ad blockers, etc, yes.

Is there an actual story on this?

Wow! Firefox without addons is like PC without Microsoft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frustrating. Dey tooker addons!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Clock-bound systems are some of the most idiotic ideas ever, right up there with pirate eyepatches.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using FF and all mine are still working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightElfMohawk View Post
    All the extensions, ad blockers, etc, yes.
    Have not seen any need for add blockers or extensions for Firefox. I use it and like it. Does a great job of blocking adds and popups. And it is fast. Then again, I do not play any browser games ether.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    Clock-bound systems are some of the most idiotic ideas ever, right up there with pirate eyepatches.
    Pirate Eye patches have many plausible and tested theories as to their use. One highly plausible one is to block one eye from sunlight, preventing the Sunlight from bleaching the Rhodopsin, the photopigment used by the rods to see at night, when transitioning from On deck to below deck. It takes about 30 min of not seeing light for a Human eye to adjust to Dark vision, so having one capable of each type at all times can be helpful, especially if you're boarding another ship for plundering.

I wasn't even on the most recent updated version of firefox and it still shut down every addon I had including one that I know for a fact was just updated yesterday. now i'm back to using chrome and hopefully the idiots running firefox fix the issue
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a matter of time before they fix it, and if they don't properly fix it, there's many forks of FireFox that probably don't break addons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Wow! Firefox without addons is like PC without Microsoft.
    Ironic that I'm using a PC with Linux Mint using FireFox that still has working addons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    I wasn't even on the most recent updated version of firefox and it still shut down every addon I had including one that I know for a fact was just updated yesterday. now i'm back to using chrome and hopefully the idiots running firefox fix the issue
    Its related to their backend and more than likely security bug. Shit happens. There's alternative browsers in the meantime. Microsofts new browser actually isn't that bad if you don't want to deal with all of Google's shit, its based off Chrome.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I discovered this myself today, with a number of customers that called in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com..._they_are_all/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com...nsions_broken/

They posted a specific thing here: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com..._being_marked/

The easiest fix I found was to turn your clock back to yesterday (5/2), download your addon, and set it back. That wont prevent it from getting boinked next time though. It's... kind of a huge deal.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Ew. My Firefox UI is all screwed up now.

I wish new versions would let us just change where we want the URL bar and tabs and the like. Classic Theme Restorer helps me a lot, and it's gonna blow a lot of chunks trying to youtube without an adblocker.

weird,all of mine are working fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to about:debugging, make sure it's enabled, download the XPIs for your essential add-ons and then install them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    But then you have to deal with Microsoft's shit, and that's just as bad, and they're less competent...

Oh well, better you than me. Good luck!
    I don't use it as my main browser. Just play around with it from time to time because its based off Chrome/Chromium. They have a long line of trash browsers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine broke about 2 hours ago. Says all of my addons are legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.