Thread: Home Invasions

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd teleport behind them.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkR View Post
    Paint his face with a crimson red.
    Add some prussian blue and van dyke brown to spice it up a bit.

And his friend as well. Everyone needs a friend, friends are that important.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Shut the door and call the police.

Imagine that.
    If this person wanted to cause real harm to your family he would be done and gone by time the police get there. The saying "When seconds count the police are minutes away" is actually true.

I keep a 9mm pistol nearby just in case. I don't keep it loaded so miss-identifications don't happen but the magazine is laying right next to it.

If someone is trying to rough up and/or kill your family and are already in the house then all non-violent means of protection are already gone. You can't Talk-no-jutsu in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I keep a 9mm pistol nearby just in case. I don't keep it loaded so miss-identifications don't happen but the magazine is laying right next to it.
    you have a gun-case for that i assume?
    one of the reasons i stick with a shot ammo rather then a bullet is the fact that shot fucking sucks at penetrating walls, so there's less risk to everything else that I'm not aiming at the immediate vicinity of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance View Post
    They're both violence and I'm looking for solutions that might not be violence other than the obvious calling police, as I don't care for violence.
    there is a reason so many nice people with this mindset tend to end up dead in a ditch on the side of the road.
    and it looks like op left as soon as the thread didn't go the way he wanted it to.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-05-05 at 07:25 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

If you break into my house, I'm going to use lethal force. I know that seems to offend certain people sometimes but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I dunno shove them out the door, lock the door and call the cops.

The odds of that happening is nigh 0% specially considering that the door to the apartment building I live in locks automaticly after 16:00.

If someone were to invade my home after 16:00 I'd be impressed since they'd need to climb up to a window roughly 10 meters above street level with the only thing available unless they bring a ladder being a rusty drain pipe that would probably break off if anyone attempted to use it for climbing. So if anyone manages that they get an A+ for effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Scenario one: castle doctrine state

Scenario two: I don't just invite people over. My home is my sanctuary; I admit very, very few people.

Scenario three: castle doctrine state

This seems less oriented towards non violent options, and more about wanting to throw shade at gun owners. At the end of the day, I keep firearms ready for use because I'm not willing to compromise my personal safety over pacifistic platitudes.
    If you invite someone over you likely have some sort of feelings for them be it freindship/platonic love/love/etc. Your brother gets drunk and angry you really just going to shoot them and move on?

10+ Year Old Account
    When the seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I keep a big wheel gun loaded in a belt holster hanging on the backside of the bedroom door. Dont have to worry about kid getting it because its behind my sherriff hat and he knows not to touch the sherrif hat.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    If this person wanted to cause real harm to your family he would be done and gone by time the police get there. The saying "When seconds count the police are minutes away" is actually true.

If someone is trying to rough up and/or kill your family and are already in the house then all non-violent means of protection are already gone. You can't Talk-no-jutsu in real life.
    I'd really like to see some statistics of how many people are getting killed by someone just invading their homes for the purpose of killing the owners. In the unlikely event of burglary I doubt their intent is killing the people in there.

How is it that it's usually the Americans who think that everyones out to kill them and thus buy dozens of guns the "protect" themselves

I'd shoot them dead without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    If the sun exploded and in eight minutes the shockwave was going to hit the earth... would you be prepared? This is why everyone needs an interstellar ship. Insanely uncommon and low odd things happen. Be prepared.
    What's it like to grow up without crime in a comfy, safe suburb?

- - - Updated - - -

They're both violence and I'm looking for solutions that might not be violence other than the obvious calling police, as I don't care for violence.
    I mean, then you must not care for protecting your family or property, or really any sense of self-preservation. Nothing else much to say there... Violence is a natural fact of life in order to survive, sometimes it is needed. Otherwise you will be trampled out of existence. You think a mother grizzly thinks of ways to ward off threats to her cubs by avoiding violence? Must be nice to grow up in a bubble.
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If you invite someone over you likely have some sort of feelings for them be it freindship/platonic love/love/etc. Your brother gets drunk and angry you really just going to shoot them and move on?
    I didn't say castle law for the second scenario. And none of the small list of people I allow over are drunks, and the idea of them becoming violent towards me is an inconceivable situation.

I have a loaded pistol and rifle in my house. Pistol is bed side rifle is desk side. Shoot anyone who breaks in. If you don't have a gun and you have a home invasion, that's your problem.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the sun exploded and in eight minutes the shockwave was going to hit the earth... would you be prepared? This is why everyone needs an interstellar ship. Insanely uncommon and low odd things happen. Be prepared.
    Lol! Home invasions are far more likely to happen then the other stuff you mentioned. And they are not a insanely low chance. It is common news. In over 30 years I have lived where I am at now, I have never had my fire alarms alert me to a serous fire. But I still keep them in working condition. Shit happens.

But to answer the OP. I am prepared. I use firearms for self and home protection against any home invaders. Once they come into my home by force-able means, I have the legal right to stop them using deadly force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I'd really like to see some statistics of how many people are getting killed by someone just invading their homes for the purpose of killing the owners. In the unlikely event of burglary I doubt their intent is killing the people in there.

How is it that it's usually the Americans who think that everyones out to kill them and thus buy dozens of guns the "protect" themselves
    You can take the chance all they want to do is rob you. I will not. And the law in my state, says I do not have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    When the seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
    You can be dead in less than a min.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    you have a gun-case for that i assume?
    one of the reasons i stick with a shot ammo rather then a bullet is the fact that shot fucking sucks at penetrating walls, so there's less risk to everything else that I'm not aiming at the immediate vicinity of.
    Depends on the wall makeup. Drywall? A shot gun will shot thru it with ease. Test it sometimes.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Yeah, pretty much this.

I have lots of relatives and friends, and not one of them has experienced a "home invasion". I've known a few that had their house / apartment burgled, but not when they were there (because most of the time, house robberies don't happen with people in the house).

When I've take the time to look into the most explosive home invasion stories, they have always had some other connection happening (usually drug dealer or someone who stole drugs from a drug dealer...hence the real reason for the home invasion) with one notable exception.

That notable exception? The only cases I've found where the victims of home invasion were completely innocent have always involved cops breaking into the house.

Now, with that in mind (i.e. the fact that if you are an innocent, the most likely group to break into your house and threaten you with violence will be cops), what exactly is the OP prepared to do? Do you think owning and brandishing a gun, much less attempting to use it, will turn out well for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    That's not how home invasions go down.

Edit: judging by your sig you've done anything but advocate against guns.
    I'm not sure how you got that from my sig, but you'd be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    there is a reason so many nice people with this mindset tend to end up dead in a ditch on the side of the road.
    and it looks like op left as soon as the thread didn't go the way he wanted it to.
    I left because I was hoping to get creative answers and instead I got the same answers as I've seen in countless other threads made by other people. I was also getting condescended, and I have no interest in sticking around to put up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    I mean, then you must not care for protecting your family or property, or really any sense of self-preservation. Nothing else much to say there... Violence is a natural fact of life in order to survive, sometimes it is needed. Otherwise you will be trampled out of existence. You think a mother grizzly thinks of ways to ward off threats to her cubs by avoiding violence? Must be nice to grow up in a bubble.
    Property, no. I'm not sure if any object is worth someones life. But assuming I wouldn't care about protecting those around me, you'd be wrong. I would rather look for an answer that isn't the norm because I would rather not have to hurt people. We are not grizzly bears, we're fully capable of choosing to try and find a solution that is clever enough to not involve violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    It really kind of is. What are you expecting us to tell you? There is no magic or superhero abilities that can stop someone from doing something without it some way inflicting some form of force or pain on them. Especially if said person is determined to hurt you or your family. There are non fatal forms of violence you can use such as tasers or stun guns, blunt weapons like a baseball bat, different forms of mace, etc... If you don't want to own a gun you don't have too.
    Despite how my thread looks, I'm fully aware of the violent options for defending myself. I'll repeat me OP: I'm looking for non-violent options. I left quickly because it became clear no one had such an answer. I figured it was better to go off and brainstorm on my own.
    it around being mocked.

I expected that maybe someone, somewhere had thought of something I hadn't. Clearly that's not the case. Other than one person who mentioned cameras. Those wouldn't protect against an intruder, though.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

If someone were to walk in your front door and refuse to leave, and start roughing up your family, would you be prepared?

Or, what if you invited someone over, and things turned ugly, and they refused to leave, what would you do?

Or what if you didn't invite someone over, and they were just creepy and were stalking you, and they snuck into your house, and refused to leave you alone? What would you do? Would you be prepared?

As someone who has always advocated against guns and always tried to look for solutions around using violence, I've constantly wondered exactly how I could deal with a situation like you can see in some horror movies or in the news when I'm not sure if I'd want to use such force. I know the automatic solution is just to call the police, but exactly how do you do that if you're pinned down or things go down pretty fast?
    Nothing,(1) seeing my country will protect the culpritt and throw the house defender longer in jaill then the guy home invading.

1: Thats what they want, but personally id boot them out one way or another.