10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe they pulled a Tyrion/Bran with Jon & Siblings this episode....

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Man, what happened to GoT. These ''leaks'' are giving anxiety, and not the good kind.
    The show runners ran out of material. They lapsed in to what George has always been against.

- - - Updated - - -

The only vulnerable part of a Dragon is the eye.

This obvious Starbucks coffee cup left in the shot from filming through post sums up the quality of GOT this season.

As if it's only this season... more like since S5.

UH this last episode was cringe. God I hate Euron. It's not just that he's bad as a character - he's actually show-breakingly bad and takes me out of it. I'm still baffled how he keeps doing these "surprise attacks" with a fricking navy.

It's a shame they've taken any nuance away from the show now. Rather than it be about power and greed rather than "good vs evil", Cersei and Euron are just doing their Dick Dastardly and Muttley routine and might as well be sat around doing Dr Evil "Evil Laughs" at each other now.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, that also intrigues me (in a rather negative way). Given how the Night King is the first White Walker and the rest of them just crumble to dust when he dies, how did the previous Long Night end with human victory without Night King (and, consequently, the rest of his kind) dying? Did he just pack his toys up and leave? And why didn't he attack again earlier, like prior to Aegon's unification? Separate kingdoms would be an easier target.
    This is why I don't like the White Walkers and Night King as much as I like the Others. The Others come off more like Frost Elves... or if you've played Kingdoms of Amalur, Winter Fae. From book only stuff, they feel more like the children of winter, counter to the children of the forest(or summer) and didn't take kindly to the humans invading their lands. They're beautiful, they have magical armor and can work ice, like humans work metal(not just make javelins and swords), they actually have a language(GoT stopped using it) and they laugh and mock humans. Nan tells of how wildlings would capture women from the south and give to the Others to lay with, to birth half human children(implying sex?) and she's like the most reliable source! There's also the Great Other god that seems non-existent in the show.

Maybe GRRM will do the same that the 2 shit writers did and make them undead terminators aswell, but I really hope it's more of them being a race that's now on the rise again(GRRM also likes to not have pure evil guys, so you can kinda sympathize with them if it's a race just trying to take back their lands)

Which also begs the question how the fuck did Yara manage to take back the Iron Isles with Euron's naval superiority. Although in regards to how he fucked Daenerys' ships this episode, I have no clue how he and his people recharged the scorpions so fast. When we first saw them during Daenerys' attack on Lannister army last season it took forever to reload them. Then there's their surprising aim given the swaying of the ships.
    Their aim was ridiculous, especially since this is like new technology for them and none of them would have had any practice using them on a moving target so far away. And the amount of damage they did, just felt over kill. They're large bolts and they feel like they're doing damage that cannon balls would have to the other ships, with rapid fire hacks on.
    Dany knows these weapons exist, she knows Cersei still has Euron's Fleet... and she doesn't know how to have a ship scout ahead or fly her dragons around corners, especially so close to King's Landing.... like she didn't read about Dance of the Dragons and how not to just rush to Dragon's Stone. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Or gotten defenses of her own like the wise masters fleet had in Mereen?..

Her fleet was larger than Euron's yet he could shoot n not get return fire...budget i guess but looks really dumb...

Another thing that bothers me, noticed the size n weight of the scorpions on king's landing walls? Also how high up the handles were vs how short the soldiers were...you need a crew of giants from the north to even operates those suckas...
    Also, wtf, scorpions are short-range weapons, u could never shoot down dragons...
    They're magical plot nerfing scorpions xD

They're ridiculously large, fire amazingly far with perfect accuracy and worked by people who apparently know how to predict a flying dragon's movements and calculate where to fire to hit them.

I hated how Dany just had everything given to her, throughout her journey(Dragons, armies, navies, etc...) and figured it all is needed to serve a plot... then she gets to Westeros and we see them come up with the stupidest shit to remove all those things from her... just say Cersei stands a chance... @_@

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Yeah I feel like season 5 and onwards has been pretty disappointing. Leaving season 4 thinking how awesome Tyrion is... haven't had that feeling since.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    UH this last episode was cringe. God I hate Euron. It's not just that he's bad as a character - he's actually show-breakingly bad and takes me out of it. I'm still baffled how he keeps doing these "surprise attacks" with a fricking navy.

It's a shame they've taken any nuance away from the show now. Rather than it be about power and greed rather than "good vs evil", Cersei and Euron are just doing their Dick Dastardly and Muttley routine and might as well be sat around doing Dr Evil "Evil Laughs" at each other now.
    Easy, cloaking. Though I have to agree with the Euron hate. What's especially grating is how they butchered his character compared to his book counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Yes, since the butchering of Dorne storyline. So season 5, I think. In general when the D&D geniuses strayed away from Martin's work and showcased their own brilliant vision of the story. I already weep for their Star Wars trilogy, these two shouldn't be given a free reign over anything. Or the sort of power they had in GoT, where they wanted to wrap the series up ASAP because they got bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    No no, the scorpions on the walls are way bigger than euron's

So, Danerys goes insane. I'm ok with this. The signs were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    No no, the scorpions on the walls are way bigger than euron's
    I don't think they're bigger, but they definitely can't be fired or aimed they way they're setup. Euron's actually have seats, which you can see him sitting in(meaning he's not actually doing the aiming, just pulling the trigger) and the ones on the walls don't have the seats... and there's a drop off right behind them, so no one can stand behind them and fire them... really fucking ridiculous xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I used to think she was a bit mad, but all the shit she's been through since she got here, I'd be furious too.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Well, in all fairness, 'surprise attacks' with a Navy were rather possible and happened frequently until the invention of sattelite observation. Pearl Harbour being a rather prominent example.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I don't think they're bigger, but they definitely can't be fired or aimed they way they're setup. Euron's actually have seats, which you can see him sitting in(meaning he's not actually doing the aiming, just pulling the trigger) and the ones on the walls don't have the seats... and there's a drop off right behind them, so no one can stand behind them and fire them... really fucking ridiculous xD

- - - Updated - - -

I used to think she was a bit mad, but all the shit she's been through since she got here, I'd be furious too.
    Sure, but Euron's sneaky fleet is getting fucking tiresome as a plot device. It's absolutely stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. She's been set up throughout the show as someone fighting to combat her family's background.

Shoehorning a mad dany arc now would just reinforce the whole notion that this is a rushed mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I disagree. She's been set up throughout the show as someone fighting to combat her family's background.

Shoehorning a mad dany arc now would just reinforce the whole notion that this is a rushed mess.
    It is a rushed mess. I would've been totally on board with this resolution if not for the stupid ways to force speed it up.

10+ Year Old Account

Perhaps Jon Snow dies next and then she goes Mad Queen from grief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    $5 says there must always be a Li- I mean, Night King.
    Been saying this since S07 Sindragosa. There must always be bad to equal out the good. That sort of shit.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account

]
    They look the same except the seat.
    Last edited by Serpha; 2019-05-06 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Sure, but Euron's sneaky fleet is getting fucking tiresome as a plot device. It's absolutely stupid.
    Yes this is getting really annoying now. I don't like show Euron as a character, it is hard to take him seriously as a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

People have been talking about her going mad since...around S5? Or even longer. And I mean show watchers only, since book readers have been talking about it for MUCH longer. Signs were there. People just kept ignoring them, since they're too much in love with her wig, tits, and dragons, and kept overlooking every evil shit she's done.

Sure, most of the things she's done were motivated by mostly good intentions. But the execution was almost always bad/stupid/questionable. And when things didn't go her way, anger usually came, leading to even worse decisions. Now, with everything going wrong for her, it's not exactly unbelievable for me that she would finally snap, and go BURNTHEMALL.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Been saying this since S07 Sindragosa. There must always be bad to equal out the good. That sort of shit.
    Yeah, there's also the red lady's speech about Derrick. She said the lord of light brought him back all those times, since he had a purpose to fulfill. Jon was brought back by the lord of light aswell, yet he's not the one who killed the Night King, heck, he didn't even fight him. So what Jon's purpose was remains to be seen.

Be it NK2.0 or him sitting on the iron throne, probably surrounded by a pile of ashes, since I do think Dany'll lose her shit. Unless his purpose was retaking Wintefell, which seems unlikely.