Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Classic+ - New level 60 content a possibility

Blizzard's response to additional level 60 content for Classic WoW..

"Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans. If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

- Patrick Dawson, Production Director Classic WoW

Source:
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/b...ew-impressions

oh yas plz

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard handle Classic WoW similar to how Jagex have handled OSRS, I think that this will turn out okay.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Any development will take away bodies that could be working on live.

I mean how hard would new content be? If it was tough, it would just be that much more required to stack optimal classes and farm raid buffs, and if it isn't, why spend developer resources on something that will be crushed in to oblivion in the first hour?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Ya, realistically making new content for this is just a bad idea.
    They should be spending any development costs they have on the actual live progression game.

When classic has run its course, release TBC and offer an optional character transfer to a TBC only realm or something.

Otherwise, they would likely have to rebalance the entire game just to make what ever new stuff they release be appropriately difficult for people who have been farming naxx forever AND for people who haven't to have something to actually do.

Where would it even be, if they did make new content?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

They said that in order to get a reaction. If the reaction is good they'll do it, and they'll provide resources to make it happen without taking away from the current expansion. It's not an "either or" situation, guys. Never has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    Blizzard's response to additional level 60 content for Classic WoW.
    Doubt.

I imagine Mr. Gallagher was confused about them possibly bringing back Burning Crusade. New content violates the core pillar of Authenticity expressed by the lead devs.

As long as they have at least one server that is indefinitely pure Classic and they can justify the costs, I'd be fine with it.

Im not a fan of classic wow at all... but given the state of developers, how they create content for Bfa... do you really want them to craft a whole new content for classic? I would rather having them focus on recreating TBC instead.

But i suppose others have different opinions, just my two cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id rather have TBC
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it would be possible since there was quite a lot of cut content that never made it into vanilla.. Although some of it would of course go into Burning Crusade there was still quite a bit that never saw the light of day..

I am 100% for more new stuff. I have always wanted the old game system with new (modern) graphics, new zones, etc.

And yes, always keep a few authentic servers for the hardcore Vanilla fans and this way even if they add TBC/Wrath or entirely new content, the authentic Vanilla option would still be there. It's a win-win guys. Stop shying away.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC with hi-def modern textures please. Sure, it won't be "original" but it will look f**king stunning. Sunwell Plat, MGT, Silvermoon all with nice new textures. It's already (in my opinion) the best architecture in the game, it deserves a new coat of paint!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    New content isn't bad if it's in the spirit of how Vanilla was crafted.

There was loads of Vanilla content that ended up on the chopping block that could "easily" be introduced if they decided it was worthwhile.

I wouldn't get too up in arms about this. First off this discussion won't even take place until several months after the final phase of Vanilla kicks in, and then it's a question of what the community wants in addition to actual development time.

If there's a market for it, they would be stupid not to do it. They could easily give you the option to migrate to a Classic+ server for those that want it, while maintaining the sanctity of the pure Vanilla servers.

Personally I think TBC or potentially WoTLK is more likely. Why? Classic having additional content is basically a progression of the game, and progression of the game is what made them move towards TBC. Would you just add a new area with Vanilla systems, with another tier of raid content, and perhaps another tier of honor rewards? Or would it be everything listed prior, in addition to core system changes (mostly in regards to class changes). Whether you like it or not, Vanilla had a slow transition towards making things less rigid and open (especially for hyrbid specs), and 2.0 was when they went all in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think they'd actually do it. Don't really see how to properly approach something like that.

The fans don't seem to want any changes, and I'd imagine balance and QoL changes would be very much part of this new content. It would just alienate the people away that want to be in there in the first place.

New content would most definitely bring in folk, but the promise of new and shiny would open the Pandora's box for people to demand more, and then we have 2 different WoW's and a very split community.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its more in response to BC/WOTLK locked servers
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    What if they had separate, new servers for it? You still have the authentic experience, nothing is lost.
    Split the customer base even further? How empty do you want the Classic servers to be?
    Would they also add this new content to current WoW? The rage about 'costing a raid tier' for low level 'useless' content would be real.
    The rage about exclusive Classic content would also be real.
    I don't see an upside for Blizzard in this.

All the drama might be popcorn worthy, but I suspect a new MMO with the WoW architecture would be more likely than Classic+

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    "Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans. If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We're certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We'll cross that bridge when we get there."
    Ah yes, the usual "give more to us and we'll give back". Because trickle down policies have worked so well for WoW since the Activision merger. What an insensitive joke.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13_QhaIBHdo
    Likebait whiteknighting. Blizzard overpromised then shoved as much content as they could behind an eventual paywall, which is standard practice for an authoritarian shark dev.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    And yes, always keep a few authentic servers for the hardcore Vanilla fans and this way even if they add TBC/Wrath or entirely new content, the authentic Vanilla option would still be there. It's a win-win guys. Stop shying away.
    Hardcore vanilla "fans" have become adults and moved on. Classic will only interest gamers who want to take their gypsy little brother to the museum and show them how horrible MMORPGs used to be.

Blizzard should've shipped Vanilla w/TBC & WOTLK, complete with a level boost, and called it a day.

No major feelings if they don't add anything to Classic; but I'd hope they'd go right into BC (depending on the success of Classic).

However, if they added stuff, I've brought it up elsewhere but honestly I'd love to see additions to the game that create more incentive for people to participate in events out in the world. I bring up new world bosses, world events and world PvP objectives similar to the towers in EPL or Hellfire. Things that would pop up randomly but give fun cosmetic rewards, maybe a mount, if you participate in them. Add in World Bosses that could spawn in literally anywhere. That would be hilarious and endlessly entertaining. If they go this direction I would have no problem seeing new World Bosses or World Events similar to the Pre-Wrath Scourge Invasion, or the Twilight Cultist/Elemental objectives that pop up randomly throughout the world. Little things like that would keep the game feeling fresh for a long time.

Other than that, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a new progression through the game. F Outlands and keep the next "expansion" on Azeroth and with only ground mounts. Kara, ZA, Caverns of Time, Sunwell, Hyjal, Uldum etc. There is so much land on Azeroth that could be revamped to give additional content but keep the Vanilla feel.

I'm not going to hold my breath but there is plenty of zones where new content could be added to previous zones we saw in Cata. If they chose a bold new revamp to previous content with a new story, I'd be all about it. I'd rather see Blizz stay away from other expansions where flying became a thing.