Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    One of my favorite aspects of Batman is how the fan base is so consistently wrong about the actors picked to play Batman.

The Michael Keaton announcement resulted in over 50,000 fans sending angry letters to Warner Bros. But announcements for Val Kilmer and George Clooney were generally greeted positively.

When Christian Bale was announced, he got a lot of heat. And the fans completely trashed Heath Ledger.

While not universally acclaimed, most people though Ben Affleck did a good job...completely opposite of the petitions against the announcement (and social media meltdown).

Lesson Learned: If the fan boys are against it, that likely means the actor will do well in the role.
    Its more like fans accept a great performance, then they nitpick it / deconstruct it and try to tear it down for about 10-20 years, THEN they finally circle back around and say it was great. This is what Christian Bale's performance is going through now. The Bale Batman was widely acclaimed at first. We are currently in stage 2 where people are trying to nitpick and deconstruct it (mostly complaints about the voice). Wait until 2030 or so and people will think Bale is the best Batman of all time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am constantly gonna shut up when I question people playing roles... I was wrong about Heath Ledger as the joker and I was wrong about Chris Hemsworth as Thor...

I like to think anything is possible, so good luck to the guy :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

What? Twilight was a fine movie. Tween movie with alot of drama. But a fine movie for what it was. Come at me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Well, they said Keaton'd be terrible. But he pulled it off pretty well. The real test is how he does as Bruce Wayne.
    Unless the script writes him to be a complete moron like they did with Eisenberg and Lex Luther then playing bruce wayne is probably the easiest part of the job. At least I would expect an accomplished hollywood actor be capable of playing a rich playboy, especially after he played the smoothtalking teeny sparkler for a couple of years. Shifting over to a stoic intimidating persona that can only emote with his jaw and mouth while heavily restricted in body language due to a 20+ pound rubber suit, that is where things get interesting as far as acting goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Shifting over to a stoic intimidating persona that can only emote with his jaw and mouth while heavily restricted in body language due to a 20+ pound rubber suit, that is where things get interesting as far as acting goes.
    Maybe we should just get Karl Urban then, his chin was a great actor in Dredd.

Speaking of Karl Urban, his co-star on Xena, Kevin Smith, would have made a great Bruce Wayne. Too bad he died in 2002 in an accident on set.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

He seems way too young to play batman to me? I think he's generally a good actor, but I don't feel like he can be old and gruff enough to pull off batman.

Someone mentioned Thor and Heath Ledger's Jokers, but Ledger was older when he played the role and Thor was written in a way that suited Hemsworth.. I don't see it working for Pattinson and batman?

Hope to be proven wrong, but I doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Maybe we should just get Karl Urban then, his chin was a great actor in Dredd.
    I could totally see it tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    He seems way too young to play batman to me? I think he's generally a good actor, but I don't feel like he can be old and gruff enough to pull off batman.
    Two fun facts:

1: They're aiming for a younger, less experienced Batman, in this film. It will be serving as a prequel of sorts, to Batfleck. It's supposed to be a neo-noir detective thriller, based around Batman's "World Greatest Detective" title, not the later super ninja batman that is more commonly used.

2: The really important part... Pattinson is actually OLDER than Bale was, when he filmed Batman Begins. Bale was ~31 iirc, while Pattinson is now ~33.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

What Robert Pattinson looks like, 2019.

Anyone who's seen Pattisons newer works, would know he's vastly improved as an actor. Personally, I think after a gym course, he'll easily fit the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    What Robert Pattinson looks like, 2019. Anyone who's seen Pattisons newer works, would know he's vastly improved as an actor. Personally, I think after a gym course, he'll easily fit the role.
    Good pic!

Yeah, Pattinson has been a good actor after his tween turn. That pic gives him a good gritty look.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Unless the script writes him to be a complete moron like they did with Eisenberg and Lex Luther then playing bruce wayne is probably the easiest part of the job. At least I would expect an accomplished hollywood actor be capable of playing a rich playboy, especially after he played the smoothtalking teeny sparkler for a couple of years. Shifting over to a stoic intimidating persona that can only emote with his jaw and mouth while heavily restricted in body language due to a 20+ pound rubber suit, that is where things get interesting as far as acting goes.
    You say that, but I still find the weakest Bruce Wayne to be the one portrayed in the Nolan saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    You say that, but I still find the weakest Bruce Wayne to be the one portrayed in the Nolan saga.
    At least they got the party boy bit right.

Cant be batman when you're busy with the LaYdEEEEs

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    At least they got the party boy bit right.

Cant be batman when you're busy with the LaYdEEEEs
    Always found him too bland, myself.

The whole point of the Nolan trilogy Bruce Wayne is that it's always been a mask, a fake out that Batman has been putting on since he came back from the League of Shadows. Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne was meant to always be bored and bland-ish. It wasn't real.

Bale was the best batman, Affleck and Clooney most likely the worst. Val Kilmer was a decent batman as well but hes old now.

Maybe Pattinson will make a good batman? who knows but the bar has been set pretty low recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

1: They're aiming for a younger, less experienced Batman, in this film. It will be serving as a prequel of sorts, to Batfleck. It's supposed to be a neo-noir detective thriller, based around Batman's "World Greatest Detective" title, not the later super ninja batman that is more commonly used.
    I actually don't believe it will be connected to Batfleck at all. DC has pretty much given up on the connected universe stuff and are going to just make stand alone movies (outside of the few planned sequels like Wonder Woman and Aquaman) that they may or may not try to tie together down the road if they do well. Some people think this new Batman movie may be connected to the up coming Joker movie in some way but neither are likely to be connected to the existing "DCEU" in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imho ben affleck was by far the worst batman, nothing positive to say about him.

Robert might actually do better... well he certainly can't do worse than affleck.
    George Clooney is the worse batman.

George Clooney and Val Kilmer were the worst Batmen.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Bale was the best batman, Affleck and Clooney most likely the worst. Val Kilmer was a decent batman as well but hes old now.

Maybe Pattinson will make a good batman? who knows but the bar has been set pretty low recently.
    Honestly? The way Affleck played Batman (minus the whole Martha thing) in BvS was perfectly fine and awesome. Then they made him the comedy relief and, for some reason, very loose with his alter ego was dumb. Clooney will forever retain the worst Batman by himself.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.