Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    wont be long till they make loot work like it does in Diablo
    Been hearing that for quite a few expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    Right now this game hemorrhages gear. I have 5 120s and I can't name one piece of gear on any of them, its all generic. I'm pretty sure if anyone is being honest with themselves they can name 5 pieces of gear from vanilla before they can name 5 pieces from BfA even if you haven't played vanilla.
    Vanilla has been around longer, many of the named/popular/sought after items have been in the WoW lexicon for over a decade. Not a fair comparison. As for names if items, outside of a few weapons throughout the years, I couldn't name anything and I've been around since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This game is churning out absurd amounts of gear for every player on a daily basis. There are about 10 pieces of loot on offer daily from world quests alone. Add in a couple of dungeons, etc. and you're looking at much more loot per day.

How is this healthy for the game? How is the game going to keep pace next expansion? 20 pieces of loot a day? Then 50? Items are already at that point where we simply don't care about them anymore. And with gear at the forefront of character progression this is alarming. Compare this to MoP where you'd be doing world quests (ie. dailies) for at least a week or two to get an item. And the item you'd get was actually decent. Now with RNG littered throughout the game you may never see an upgrade.

At some point Blizzard needs to completely scale down the astronomical gear inflation, beginning with Titanforging. We need to get back to sensible numbers of loot being distributed so we feel something when we get an item.
    Working pretty good i would say so far i been playing nonstop still from the start of BFA and still going!

You can see what happens if you look at how D3 is played. That is modern WoW gameplay on steroids.

You have fun the first couple of iterations, but you already know which items you need, everything else is just a buffer until you get that 1 (exaggeration) set that works. Then you get that set and only farm for ancient (warforge) and primal (titanforge). If an item drops and it's not the one you want (read any other item from the 50 different items available in that slot), you scrap it. The game continuously showers you with loot, which gives you a brief dopamine boost from seeing legendary drops. Then at some point you realize you probably spent more time than was warranted (after 2-3 days of gameplay), since it will all be reset with the new season (tier, xpack) anyway. You had some cheap fun and created nothing of lasting value whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    only no lifers have a problem with this. i play perhaps 6-8 hours a week and are happy with getting loot fast.
    Yep true! the faster the better!

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    So... You want to make wq's even more useless?
    People are gonna bitch about them either way so what does it matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Menzov View Post
    You're just complaining for attention now are you? There is no more loot dropping from worldquests than there was in the past expansions, let stand usefull loot. Only at the start of a new patch I might get 1 usefull item from a daily batch of wq's / emissaries, after about 2 weeks the chance to get an upgrade out of those items is near non-existant. My last titanforge from a wq that I could actually use was from mid Legion and I'm playing upto 10 toons.....

The only thing this whopping amount of 10 items gives is salvaged materials or some gold. Stop complaining, if you don't like the game, stop playing, problems solved. It's not like you're playing Diablo where 1 rift clear drops 10-20 legendaries (not that those are usefull either)
    Have you ever been so triggered

you made an account?

Conqueror of Orgrimmar NerfHealers's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    This loot that is gained from the sources you listed is useless and used to boost ilv for higher level content but doing world quests and mythic 0 reaches a point where your gear is just not important, my WQ gives me 400ilv azerite from a emissary which is useless to me and just gives me more materials to craft higher level azerite

Because little shit heads cry when they only get ONE piece of loot every 1-2 weeks

so now EVERYBODY gets ALL the loot.

WoW was ruined by entitled millennials whose childhood consisted of participation badges.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Because little shit heads cry when they only get ONE piece of loot every 1-2 weeks

WoW was ruined by entitled millennials whose childhood consisted of participation badges.
    Back in the days you could easily get multiple items each day. Just do dungeons over and over again.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Congrats, you're one of the few people who apparently doesn't care at all about gear.

Almost everyone can name major items from every expansion, except the last few where ilvl means more then anything.

I don't WANT ilvl to be the end all be all.
    I care about gear quite a lot, what it looks like if it has a cool effect. But it’s name? The name of a piece is meaningless to me. For example I know every piece of gear I was wearing when I killed the lich king and what boss it came from but I couldn’t name them. I can do the same for when I raided in mop.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-05-24 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    Back in the days you could easily get multiple items each day. Just do dungeons over and over again.
    oh yea, imagine people in 2019 doing dungeons and getting blues lol, the rage

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed. I think they need to go back to an older way of progression, and that includes allowing for the content to be relevant an entire expansion, not just the current patch.
    Legion isn't that far back. And they're actually doing the same thing of keeping dungeons and world quests relevant over the whole expansion now.

Unless you're talking about some imaginary old ways that never actually happened, because we had new content rendering old content irrelevant since pretty much forever in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    How is this healthy for the game?
    Because not all of them are upgrades. And they then offer gold or materials. With the scrap machines it offers an alternative to the Auction House for gaining mats.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post

As opposed to entitled People who demand everyone should only get 1 piece every couple weeks? Grow up.

Like Felplague said, those items are useless...they are ilvl 360-370

WQ gear is useless for everyone that isn't a casual player that doesn't mythic+ or raid.

But i am still shocked to the point that someone would complain the game isn't grindy enough. Deary me...

So things like "spyglass" "Rezan's" "Dice" "plumage" "mage fuse" "balefire branch" mean nothing to you huh? Interesting.

When's your last login date? Gonna guess mid mop

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    As opposed to entitled People who demand everyone should only get 1 piece every couple weeks? Grow up.
    what are you talking about? I never said people should only get 1 piece a week.

reading is hard?

Who cares that's what classic is for anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Yeah. I hate it. The gear has been completely generic since WoD when a lot of this RNG everything started and to be honest I hate it.
    I want my gear to matter. I don't want to get 20 pieces of useless gear I'll just end up selling or grinding up for mats I will never use. I rather wait a little and get one good upgrade that will stick with me.

And yes, I can't name a single piece of gear in BfA but I can name a bunch from MoP and back to Vanilla.
    when you do low level content yeah everything is bland