Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    there are plenty of dead people who you can slander and no one will bat an eye, why does this random youtuber get special privileges?
    How does me defending his death = him having special privileges? We're not talking about other people, we're talking about TB. Just because I'm not going around defending every person's death does not mean he's special. What's the issue?
    You seem pretty offended for not apparent reason. You okay?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I thought he was an absolute tosser from this video. Stopped watching his content all together. Complaining about old content being nerfed l o l

Honestly made me glad he got cancer and died after watching this vid again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykos View Post
    Honestly made me glad he got cancer and died after watching this vid again.
    Now this is some prime edgy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I'm almost entirely certain that the Cataclysm levels took as much experience as 10 levels to do, though maybe I'm misremembering that as well or it was a rumor.

That is literally anytime in the game's life, practically.
    they claimed that to be the case (levelling up that is) but in reality they screwed up the xp gains vs levels available and thanks to that you could hit max level within a few hours played making the 'grind' start so much sooner and another thing that added to that was archaeology, the new profession added here, i was lucky and got the battle tank mount rare as one of the first in the region, first on my server so i farmed kalimdor like a man possessed, by the time i was done i had also done the bone raptor mount because i had farmed that many fossil sites trying to get tol'vir sites to spawn, not to mention every night elf rare along the way also, once that was done i went over to EK to farm for zin'rokh, never getting it and eventually giving up because of burnout, there were far too many 'mandatory' weapons for raiding in the archaeology loot pool for early rank pushes.

as far as your second statement, yes it's true that blizz have had instances where content has been made to last longer than it should have but this time around for the first time really you could 'feel' the lack of content and you could tell they had nothing else in the works that could be pushed out as a stopgap to help lighten the burden of farming the same 2 dungeons for months on end until the new tier came out.

I always loved watching TB's content, even more so after he quit WoW probably.

I disagree wholeheartedly though, with all that elitist style approach to the game, and this includes this video and those opinions. I mean, I used to agree with them as a "hardcore" teenage player years back, but as I got older and my playstyle changed, I also changed my perspective. I think 4 difficulties for raiding is the best thing that ever happened to wow raids, and I was delighted to see it after I came back after a long break in Legion. I believe that raiding is still alive exactly thanks to this particular setup of difficulties.

On raiding and badges hes 1000000000% right. TBC was great, vanilla is over rated.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So what are all of your thoughts on this video or on TB's views of WoW in general?
    I still remember watching this video back in the day and thinking he was acting like an arrogant stuck up ponce and that his opinion lacked good analysis. My primary objection was the "principle" about which he felt so incensed so as to quit, was just fundamentally wrong, namely that he believed that nerfing the raids was "disgraceful". This in spite of the fact that as he already professed, he had already completed that content.

I totally get what he was saying, but I think what he missed, fundamentally, is that WoW needs to cater for a broad spectrum of players. There is a world of difference between accepting that the game is no longer catering well to you personally, and calling the game direction a disgrace. The game direction was correct. The implementation though, wasn't there yet.

Remember, what came out of this, eventually, was flex raiding and Mythic difficulty. The problem in Cataclysm was that they only had two difficulty settings which made it really difficult to tune the difficulties to a level where they could offer accessabilty to a broad spectrum of players at the same time as challenging content to the upper end of players.

Pertinent for me at the time was that I was in a guild which had been stuck on Theralion and Valiona for 6 weeks. We were a casual guild, and quite simply put, 3/4 of the players didn't want to grind for gear outside of the raid. It was insane and almost broke the guild (well in all honesty it probably did, it just took until MoP for the guild to actually die). I personally put in the effort to gear my character. And it showed on the dps meters. I was doing like 30% more damage than my brother who was second on the meters, and he was doing 20% more than the next guy. And yet still the best we were achieving was getting the bosses just below 10% 8 minutes into the fight. So while I was trying to suggest to people that maybe they needed more gear, and that we couldn't just expect to rock up on raid night and down raid bosses, the others were telling me that I needed to L2P because the boss had a 10 minute enrage timer and if we could survive until then, the boss would be dead (reality was pugs were downing the boss in 4-5 minutes, thus avoid the shitty confluence of mechanics that happened around 7 minutes and inevitably led to us wiping).

The simple fact was that our guild was (by today's standards) a normal raiding guild trying to do content that (by today's standards) was heroic difficulty. The problem was that the appropriate content for our group simply didn't exist. So personally, I thought that attacking Blizzard for trying to tune their content to make it accessible for us was just asinine on TB's part.

Also, I completely disagreed with his assessment about TBC being the pinnacle of raiding. Sorry to say it, but the TBC raiding model almost killed the game. Don't get me wrong: for the 1%, TBC raiding was awesome. The problem was with the other 99%. You see, the way TBC raiding worked was that the strongest guilds poached players from weaker guilds. As a result most guilds would progress to a point where they would simply become stuck - basically because better guilds were always looking to poach the best talent from the guilds just below them in order to boost their prospects. The impact of losing your best players on a continuous basis was devastating and made sure that most guilds always ended up bashing into an impregnable wall (which served as a strong motivator for the better players in those guilds to actively seek opportunities to jump into better guilds).

What kept TBC going was the expectation of those guilds that they would eventually clear the content. Sadly though, most never did, and by the end of the expansion there was a definite sense of disillusionment among many lower tier raiders - and of which I think most top tier raiders were completely oblivious. Fortunately WotLK was a significant improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    • No massive gear item level inflation because there wasn't 4 versions of every raid.
    • The addition of upgraded badge vendors allowed even the most casual players just doing weekly Karazhan runs to fill a few slots with high end gear. But you couldn't fill every slot.
    • Black Temple was Black Temple. Karazhan was Karazhan. Progression was more interesting becuase it wasn't Karazhan difficulty 1 > Karazhan difficulty 2 > Karazhan difficulty 3. It was Karazhan > maybe TK void reaver > SSC / TK / ZA > BT > Sunwell.
    I really wish they went back to this. 4 difficulties and endless waves of M+ just feels like this game is less MMORPG and more just a competitive playground.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    He was a pretty horrible person. I don't see how acknowledging that is edgy.
    Because saying that someone that wasn't actually a horrible person was horrible is the edginess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    there are plenty of dead people who you can slander and no one will bat an eye, why does this random youtuber get special privileges?
    It's not really a special privilege, It's just you know people that are slandering TB especially once he died are pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    I really wish they went back to this. 4 difficulties and endless waves of M+ just feels like this game is less MMORPG and more just a competitive playground.
    It feels like the design of modern looter shooters imo. The whole RPG part has been stripped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Slandering a dead man is pretty edgy. Your personal bias doesn't mean you should shit on him.
    However, it also does not mean that once someone dies you have to only fondly remember them (despite people always doing this). TB had his good points and his bad points. His loss was a tragic one but let's not try to paint him only in a good light because he's passed.

I still vividly remember the time when this video came out and I still agree with his points. Not everyone needs to be appealed to. The game shouldn't suffer because some people can't or don't want to do certain parts of the content. Today the game is pretty much the very extreme of what I feared it was going to be, where the game tries its hardest to appeal to both casual and hardcore to the point where the hardest content is so hard it's not enjoyable or worth the time, and the easiest so easy it bores people to tears.

I really liked his videos but i never agreed with his take on wow, especially raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in peace Totalbiscuit, you were a cool dude.

However, regardless how much I liked him as a person, I am 100% the opposite of him about the game. Cataclysm was the best thing to ever happen to WoW and he quitting during the best time, I don't get it :S

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Rest in peace Totalbiscuit, you were a cool dude.

However, regardless how much I liked him as a person, I am 100% the opposite of him about the game. Cataclysm was the best thing to ever happen to WoW and he quitting during the best time, I don't get it :S
    LOL, Cata was shit.... One big shit, especially Dragon Soul raid, I mean WTF was Dragon Soul, last raid complete shit, then Throne of the Four Winds garbage, only kinda good one was Firelands

Every few years when i get into my WoW achievement autism grind i'll put on Blue Plz! and relisten to every episode over the course of a week or two. Good shit. RIP TotalBiscuit. Stopped watching his content when he branched out away from WoW (for his own good, but not my thing.) I miss the good old days of Jesse Cox and TotalBiscuit.

I've been a long time fan of TB and have been watching his Cata videos recently, very nostalgic since I liked cata and still do. RIP TB

I wish Azeroth Daily still existed, soon as he stopped making them, I havnt found a decent replacement since.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    On the contrary, there weren't daily heroic rewards in Cataclysm. It was seven rewards a week, giving the player ultimate flexibility as to when they did their "daily" dungeon runs.

The daily burnout was at an all time low with Cataclysm because you had the least amount of things forcing you to log in daily for mandatory day-to-day grind. Even reputations still followed WotLK formula of tabard grinding in dungeons (which could be done at your leisure). They did eventually add daily quest hubs for forced daily logins, but I don't think that happened until Firelands/Burning Front.

Cataclysm is my favorite expansion simply because of the alleviation of DailyCraft.
    Therazane rep daily q hub, Ramkahen rep daily q hub, Twilight highlands dworf/orc reps daily q hub, guardians of hyjal, Tol Barad daily hub, great badge system with the daily heroics says hi. People were doing the dailies just fine. Chain running dungeons still wasn't that much of a thing. I would say it started in mop really. Random group finder only came with 3.3, mind you. It was still new to use it like that. I remember vividly how even the dungeon finder was "empty" certain times of the day, like after 10 pm? You couldn't really find anything. Before 8 am? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They didn't emnbarrass themselves at all. You are just mad they didn't mention your favorite streamer.
    He wasn't my favorite streamer, in fact, I never saw his twitch streams. I pretty much stopped watching him alltogether after he discontinued his WoW content. But it is a fact that he was a pioneer when it comes to games in social media. He inspired many of the gaming content creators who came after him. His wow radio and Blue plz were one of a kind. Even if he quit in Cata, you can think of him what you want, but his contribution to the WoW community in it's early days cannot be denied even if he parted ways with WoW.

It's a matter of simple human decency to acknowledge that, but alas, human decency is hard to find with the current dev team it seems. Everyone is just busy with their personal vanity and delicate egos.

Not to mention he actually worked for Blizzard as an esport caster at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-05-29 at 05:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    I'd call telling people to "get cancer and die" and also supporting harassment of women horrible. But you do you.
    Ever the noble defender of the virtuous Elba to the rescue.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2019-05-29 at 05:36 PM.