Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I don't think anyone who backed the project initially from ~2013 onwards expected it to not even have hit beta stage halfway through 2019
    I backed around that time to support this idea of making the best space game possible without publisher constraints.

Back then I would have never guessed it would take this long but I also never thought that we would flying down full planets seamlessly, visit cities or pirate asteroid bases while having so many and such detailed ships, so many weapon and clothing custumization or detailed and realistic DNA meshing.

I never thought Squadron 42 would have Gary Oldman, Guillian Anderson and all the other Hollywood stars in it.

The project now is so much better than the initial kickstarter one that the only ones getting mad about delays are the people who didint understood what crowdfunding was and without the maturity to be able to adjust their spectations along the journey.

Whatever path the project toke there would always be someone mad about it.

The fact that most of the angry ones are goons is just cherry on top and perfect example of Chris Roberts genius.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2019-06-07 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I don't think anyone who backed the project initially from ~2013 onwards expected it to not even have hit beta stage halfway through 2019
    As a former backer I'm actually fucking disgusted at the state it's in.

I love these kinds of games. But this should be in a fucking early or middle beta stage by now. Thankfully I was able to do a chargeback on it. No more than the company deserves.

Game's been playable since 2014. If you dont like the direction just move on to games you like. That's what normally gamers do.

A short-film made ingame by one of the many talented folks of the Star Citizen Community.

It's been playable since 2014.

Me or you liking it or not is irrelevant to the game or it's development.

Good to see people are still getting fooled and wasting hundreds of dollars on shiny ships.

This was my yearly post on this thread, obviously nothing changed so the only thing to do is shame the whales getting ripped off once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yes, I’ve heard it all before, 55% voted for “should we continue to offer stretch goals?”.

Despite agreeing that is indeed really nice that game communities get to have a say in a game development, I don’t think they should be making decisions such as this for the community, mostly because most of the voters, if not all of them, don’t really know the fuck they are voting for actually entails… thus they vote for whatever the hype points them at, more, bigger, better, faster, yup, yup, yup, yup, it kind of reminds me of Brexit.

Also, don’t be silly, +development time doesn’t necessarily equal to +longevity, fuck, World of Warcraft had a 4 year development time and has been going at it for 15 years now, shit even freelancer that stopped having official support years ago still has multiple servers up and running with quite an amazing amount of players, just because there is no point for you, doesn’t really mean others don’t find joy in it.
    world of warcraft already followed an established model and was much more simple to build in terms of development, star citizen is on a whole other level creating a realm of realism in space so you cant compare a sandbox MMO to star citizen which has no box.

There needs to be a balance in what the community wants and what the company wants to do with the game, company should always have the final decision but the community should be able to influence the game of which most companies just completely ignore the community until the game is released and spends the next year or so fixing it.

Wow has also had way more development time than 4 years in total, how long does each expansion take to develop, the game is in constant development.

Chris probably didnt even realise how big this game was going to evolve into, we are in the final stretch now.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Do you actually have a point with this, or its just another desperate attempt at shutting down a discussion just because you don't approve of it?
    The point is that trying to ease your frustrations about a video-game by getting angry about it year in year serves no purpose other than give you a false sense of vindication and subsequence relieve.

It's not informative or consctrutive. It's only venting.

I'm not frustrated, nor angry about it, so I'll ask again, do you actually have a point with this entire shit? Because I don’t see how just attempting to shut down others just for the sake of it with wild accusations and buzzwords is “constructive” in any way either.
    You (and others) seem to get overly emotional about this game and it's development and feel the need to vent addnauseum about the most useless and pointless stuff year in year out.

Example: Crying about the company decision to have a community vote in their forum to decide on a scope increase and sticking with it.

Not consctructive in any way and a general waste of time imo.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2019-06-07 at 05:20 PM.

Hmm, is this the game that made insane amounts of cash, and then kept adding like special tiers of backing and/or ships you could pre purchase? I think it is. Can someone give a quick sentence or two about what's happening with it?

Oh, looks like they keep selling shit and the game is nowhere near ready after all these years.

This is both sad and hilarious at the same time.

It may seem silly, but there are real victims. Ken Lord is a 39-year-old data scientist from the Denver area, who suffers from worsening multiple sclerosis. Lord first backed Star Citizen in 2013 and eventually spent $4,500 buying spaceships. Last year, Lord unsuccessfully sued Cloud Imperium for a refund. “You take something that is bad, like spending too much money on a video game, and turn it into a socially exclusive club and make it desirable—cheers to their marketing department,” he says. (Bizarrely, Lord, who claims to have “poor impulse control,” continued to buy more spaceships after his lawsuit failed.)
    So, I spent too much money. I'm going to sue, presumably because the game wasn't released when they said it would be, and hopefully multiple times at that. I hope it wasn't just backers remorse. Not only that, I'm going to lose my lawsuit, and then spend even more money. Hilarious.

It never ceases to amaze me the people who back crowdfunding projects. I will never, ever, understand the logic behind it. If you don't back it and it never comes out, oh well. If you don't back it and it comes out, great. If you back it and it comes out, great. If you back it and it never comes out, you lose.

I see one way to ever lose when backing a crowdfunding campaign, and that's if you back it.
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-06-07 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    what are you even talking about, we clearly have a working game currently to test as much as you want, star citizen was always going to be a long term project and its fairly close to the SQ 42 release
    Did anything change for SQ42? Last time I checked it was Q2 2020 for chapter 1, and that's far from what I'd call "fairly close"

10+ Year Old Account
    ahhhh, i just love the dishonest actors (detractors) and their fallacious arguments, towering strawmen, ceaseless disingenuity and severe lack of self-reflection, SMH. it's sad but very indicative of the times, i guess. still cannot believe that many of you are actually fully grown really old adults acting like bratty children, wow. so, so sad.

Loving this new commercial from Origin, i gives me heavy island getaway vibes:

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Did anything change for SQ42? Last time I checked it was Q2 2020 for chapter 1, and that's far from what I'd call "fairly close"
    looking at the progress for SQ42 most of the chapters are 30-50% complete so i would assume first few chapters would be ready to test early 2020 and the rest should be complete for Q2 but it looks like all chapters are being completed at the same time.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Me? Emotional? I’m not the one who got multiple infractions trough out the thread for flaming people who I just happen to disagree with. But if you find it pointless for whatever reason, just follow your own advice, just move on, ignore it, just don’t come at me throwing ridiculous, baseless and pretty fucking pointless accusations while preaching about useful and constructive posting, because now that’s what’s actually a waste of time.
    Just read your last posts.

If that's not emotional what is it?

What are you trying to get from this thread?

I don’t know, you tell me, you are the one making the accusation.

But as I said, I’m not the one insulting others just for disagreeing with them.

How about you just quote exactly what I said that you have a problem with, and just make your point?

Also, what makes you believe that I owe you any sort of justification to participate in this thread? I’ve said it before, if you have a problem with it, follow your own advice, ignore it, and move on.
    I'ts not an acusation more like an observation. You (and others) seem to have this weird fixation with this game (yes there's been a playable version since 2014) that leads you to keep posting the same useless and reashed (and many times proove wrong) stuff that has nothing to do with the game over and over just for the sake of getting some kind of vindication or justice.

As always, It adds little to the discussion, it's not constructive or informative, it's just going around in pointless circles year in year out.

It comes across as some sort of coping mechanism to deal with the fact that the game exists, keeps evolving and the players keep funding it.

Anyway, here's the latest weekly update:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    pretty insightful. ty for the post
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

You seem agitaded for no reason. I adressed your ( and others) habit of bringing useless and pointless old and beaten topics into discussions that lead to nothing year in year out.

They are not constructive or informative so its just arguing for the sake of arguing over and over without adding nothing about the game.

Test server is getting worse with each patch. More bugs occur and add on to the previous ones. They have always been slow on correcting bugs.
    Wish they hadn't released 3.5.
    Better wait 1-2 years if you haven't bought this yet.
    They still haven't solved the HUD color problem for years.

Don't think this game is ever coming out, the scope of what they're trying to do is far too big even with Bethesda or Blizzard's budget.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    You seem agitaded for no reason. I adressed your ( and others) habit of bringing useless and pointless old and beaten topics into discussions that lead to nothing year in year out.

They are not constructive or informative so its just arguing for the sake of arguing over and over without adding nothing about the game.
    Yeah, conversely your constant "you mad bro" respoonses are very constructive and add depth and meaning to the discussion.