It will be kind of Lame and very anti RPG if you cant carry on your progress.

But thats probably how they'll do it.

Think about it. First game will only have cloud-barret-tifa-aeris and probably nanaki.

Game 2 could be quite easily Cloud plus new comers cid and yuffie. Who knows honestly. Kind of lame.

- - - Updated - - -

They might even hold back Nanaki and make game 2 center around Cosmo Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This is why i wasnt too worried at first - but if they are independet not like expansions, it still sucks.
    Given what we’ve seen so far and know so far, I’d say what we’re getting is less of a remake and more a reimagining. Personally, that’s something I’m ok with as long as it’s done properly. Do I have faith in Square Enix doing it properly? Ehh...
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I was sceptical as well. Until I saw the full gameplay video, with Tactical mode and all that. Now I honestly don't think I've been this hyped for a game in a long time. The combat was the only part that had me worried, and now I think it's the best version we could have hoped for.

Now all I need is to see a couple of Summons, and I'll be fully erect.

The main question, though...

They mentioned before that the characters will have more defined "roles". We saw from the gameplay demo that Cloud seems to be something of a bruiser. Barret is a straight up Tank, Tifa is a Dps and we can assume Aerith is a healer.

So... What roles will the others be?

I'm guessing:
    Cloud: Bruiser. Seems to have two "modes" Punisher Style and Operator Style. Not sure what they actually DID, though.
    Barret: Tank. Had a skill called "Steel Skin" which reduced damage taken. Classic tank move.
    Tifa: Melee Dps.
    Red XIII: Caster Dps/possible support.
    Cait Sith: Who gives a shit. Fuck that ho.
    Yuffie: Range Dps
    Cid: Melee Dps, possible Tank.
    Vincent: Range Dps/Tank (he would swap back and forth between human and demon forms. Human being range Dps, Demon being Tank)
    Yuffie will probably have something to do with dps and manipulating enemies, probably gonna have better steal, not sure if steal materia comes back or if it will just be Yuffie and/or cloud.
    Wouldn't surprise me if all command materias would be integrated into characters instead. Since they kinda go against them being defined roles.

Honestly I'm the most curious about caith sith. They know he was a lackluster character when it comes to gameplay. Story wise he was decent, bad guy having a change of heart sort of thing although some scenes make little sense. They probably gonna change up his gameplay a lot and wanna know how he ends up.

I was super skeptical after the last few SE games, but I have to say that the combat looks sharp. Showing the Guard Scorpion was a good move. I like that bosses are really cinematic now with general mechanics, and not just auto attack fodder. Switching characters with a press of a button is a cool touch. I genuinely hope we get some ability to have couch coop. If they had gone true ATB they would have desperately needed to expand on it anyway.

I'm on board with them expanding the story as well. Even if it's not as good, the switch to full voice acting, the dialogue banter during fights etc is a plus for me, and I do genuinely believe as long as it's decent, nostalgia will carry it hard.

All in all, I'm impressed. It's significantly better than I was expecting, but my expectations were very low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Sure they can. They’re already talking about making each game into its own sort of stand alone package.
    I very much doubt that they'll be individual chapters in the way you're proposing. I'm confident there will be save game imports.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I very much doubt that they'll be individual chapters in the way you're proposing. I'm confident there will be save game imports.
    Yeah I'd be shocked if there wasn't a way to continue your progress. That would truly surprise me if they intended for you to start a "new" game except at a later part of the story. That would make no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Considering materia is a thing in this game it’d be insane not to carry over your progress in some fashion. I just wonder if they’ll level cap the chapters or something to prevent the later releases from being faceroll for people who play the hell out of the first.
    My personal opinion would be to hope that they NOT put in place a hard cap. But to put in a soft cap based on XP required per level and XP gains from monsters you have access to by the end of that chapter. Like, the strongest creatures accessible by the end of the first installment give 1,000 XP per kill, but the next level up (let's say after level 25 or some hypothetical level) requires 100K XP, and the one after that 150K, and so on. You can continue playing, but you run into some serious diminishing returns. Similar could be done with leveling up your materia, the creatures in the early game wouldn't give enough to feasibly level up them to the highest level.

That being said, even if they do put in a hard cap to prevent excessive grinding while we wait for chapter 2 to come out, that wouldn't be the end of the world. Nor would it be if they don't try to curb it at all. It's a single player game after all, so, who cares if you want to faceroll The Temple of the Ancients at level 50+.

In other news, what do you think we're looking at in regards to time frame of chapters? Would be nice if they were 6 months or less apart. But, I doubt we'll be so lucky. Ideally, I'd like to see 4 chapters, each of approximately 30-40 hours, about 3-4 months between chapters. But, again, I doubt we'll see that. Considering we've only seen inside Midgar to date... hell, we could be looking at a year or more between chapters.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-06-12 at 02:24 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    My personal opinion would be to hope that they NOT put in place a hard cap. But to put in a soft cap based on XP required per level and XP gains from monsters you have access to by the end of that chapter. Like, the strongest creatures accessible by the end of the first installment give 1,000 XP per kill, but the next level up (let's say after level 25 or some hypothetical level) requires 100K XP, and the one after that 150K, and so on. You can continue playing, but you run into some serious diminishing returns. Similar could be done with leveling up your materia, the creatures in the early game wouldn't give enough to feasibly level up them to the highest level.

That being said, even if they do put in a hard cap to prevent excessive grinding while we wait for chapter 2 to come out, that wouldn't be the end of the world. Nor would it be if they don't try to curb it at all. It's a single player game after all, so, who cares if you want to faceroll The Temple of the Ancients at level 50+.

In other news, what do you think we're looking at in regards to time frame of chapters? Would be nice if they were 6 months or less apart. But, I doubt we'll be so lucky. Ideally, I'd like to see 4 chapters, each of approximately 30-40 hours, about 3-4 months between chapters. But, again, I doubt we'll see that. Considering we've only seen inside Midgar to date... hell, we could be looking at a year or more between chapters.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...e-midgar-only/

I have good news for you, they have no idea what theyre doing after part 1. Get ready for another 5 year wait.

They probably have no idea what theyre going to do for the world map that wont look silly. So they will probably so linear ff10 routes, but that will seem silly itself.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-06-12 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...e-midgar-only/

I have good news for you, they have no idea what theyre doing after part 1. Get ready for another 5 year wait.

They probably have no idea what theyre going to do for the world map that wont look silly. So they will probably so linear ff10 routes, but that will seem silly itself.
    Oof. Yeah. Maybe 2-3 years in between chapters so we'll wrap up the full game by 2030.

Wish I was 100% sarcastic.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Honestly I'm the most curious about caith sith. They know he was a lackluster character when it comes to gameplay. Story wise he was decent, bad guy having a change of heart sort of thing although some scenes make little sense. They probably gonna change up his gameplay a lot and wanna know how he ends up.
    Story wise Cait Sith had perhaps two of the best scenes. The first was prediction of Aerith's death when they first meet. The second was when he called out Barrett for being a damn hypocrite. Granted the latter was more Reeve, but does the game actually state if it is Reeve the entire time or if Cait Sith has some kind of independence to the point the sacrifice of the first Cait sith can be considered a character death?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Story wise Cait Sith had perhaps two of the best scenes. The first was prediction of Aerith's death when they first meet. The second was when he called out Barrett for being a damn hypocrite. Granted the latter was more Reeve, but does the game actually state if it is Reeve the entire time or if Cait Sith has some kind of independence to the point the sacrifice of the first Cait sith can be considered a character death?
    That's the confusing part about caith sith, since that monlogue in the ancient temple made it sound like he was a sentient being instead of one person controlling a puppet, which they say he is Ingame. Since they already said they are expanding story elements, especially midgar, I won't be surprised they do the same with him.... I agree that he have his moments, but he's a confusing character and the temple scen, although good monlogue, doesn't make much sense due to above.

Curious af how they expand on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the confusing part about caith sith, since that monlogue in the ancient temple made it sound like he was a sentient being instead of one person controlling a puppet, which they say he is Ingame. Since they already said they are expanding story elements, especially midgar, I won't be surprised they do the same with him.... I agree that he have his moments, but he's a confusing character and the temple scen, although good monlogue, doesn't make much sense due to above.

Curious af how they expand on him.
    Maybe this will be an unpopular opinion here, but I hope they almost completely re-imagine/replace that character.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Maybe this will be an unpopular opinion here, but I hope they almost completely re-imagine/replace that character.
    Caith sith is a bad character atm. Don't get me wrong. But also mysterious and sorting out the mystery is more interesting to me than exchanging to another character. Which means story changes because cath sith and Reeves have their role to make their mission possible and also how Shinra got the black materia, not sure if rewriting those parts would do any good in a remake.

I really like Reeve's place in the story. They should figure out a way to keep it intact and maybe clean up some of the confusion. Make it clear that Cait Sith isn't sentient, but rather the sentiments of the person controlling him.

I just can't wait to hear the score and see what Nobuo comes up with. I loved some of his new takes on some of the more well known songs from Advent Children and the original songs there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't surprise me if all command materias would be integrated into characters instead. Since they kinda go against them being defined roles.
    Yeah, I think there's a VERY good chance we'll see Command Materia going the way of the Dodo. So commands and skills will be gained via leveling, and spells/summons etc will come from Materia. Which isn't a bad thing, tbh... As they said, it allows for far more defined roles, which will hopefully make all of the characters useful, in some situation.

I also had an idea, RE: Cloud and his two styles, Punisher and Operator. I'm wondering... What if they work in a similar fashion to Commando and Ravager in XIII. We know they're putting Stagger into this game, so maybe that's Clouds role? He uses Operator which has skills/passives built around quickly staggering enemies, and then once they're staggered, you swap over to Punisher, and that style has skills/passives that WRECK enemies that have already been Staggered.

Yuffie could be similar. Seeing as she's a ninja, maybe she's a ranged Dps tha focuses on staggering/debuffing her enemies? Like, stealing their stats etc.

Honestly I'm the most curious about caith sith.
    I actually had a fun idea, for Cait. Basically, he would have no skills. Or rather, he'd have ONE. "Slots". You use basic attack, to build up your ATB, and then use that to roll the slots... Which then have a chance to cast a bunch of different abilities. Maybe he'll throw out a heal, maybe he'll cast Firaga on all your enemies...

Or maybe, just MAYBE, he'll cast Firaga... On your team.

OR if you're REALLY lucky, he'll cast his Limit Break. Regardless of if his Limit bar is actually full, or not.

Basically, his whole thing would be high risk high reward gameplay. You never really know what he'll do, but he has the potential to do some CRAZY shit.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Oof. Yeah. Maybe 2-3 years in between chapters so we'll wrap up the full game by 2030.

Wish I was 100% sarcastic.
    I'd expect the same time it took between XIII sequels tbh since like those there will be a lot of asset re-use between the games. So 2 years yea. I also don't see them going past 3 parts so I see them capping this in 2024, no where near 2030 lol. They will probably split the non midgar/disc 2 content/areas across the final 2 games instead of trying to get them all in part 2, because disc 3 content is like literally non existent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly could not bring myself to watch all the footage and stuff for this game. The original game, and more importantly Aeris's death, traumatized me so freaking much that to this day it still hurts to watch. I still tear up hearing Aeris's theme. I'm almost 40 years old and a freaking game has damaged me this much. I've played literally thousands of hours of other games since then, and none of them even hold a candle to it. Just seeing her in the initial trailer made my heart hurt. I have bloody PTSD from a goddamn video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Damn tifa got some big ol' milkers
    and they buffed her ass, feelsbonerman

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I think there's a VERY good chance we'll see Command Materia going the way of the Dodo.
    Having the broken materia like deathblow, 2*cut 4*cut, enemy skills, mime, morph, slash all, steal & all the W's are too good to remove, and too good to just get by levelling we'll have to see how they handle those.