View Poll Results: 2020, can a pro gun control candidate win?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

2 20.00%
  • Yes, they can win

5 50.00%
  • No, they can't

3 30.00%

2020, can a pro gun control candidate win?

Is your favorite candidate pro gun control?

Do you think a pro gun control candidate for president can win the election in 2020?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I don't think many people have that as thier highest priority. It's not like the GOP can use it to attack the Dems, since Trump has restricted the 2nd Amendment more than Obama ever did as President. Even the NRA stopped pushing the fear of gun control, since they have gone full ethno-nationalist in their delivery.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. Trump can win again.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Of course. Trump can win again.
    Yes, it's great watching you prove your hypocrisy by backing a guy who is against the 2nd Amendment.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...process-second

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/u...tocks-ban.html

Let's put it this way: Gun control is nowhere near as important to Democrats as free access to guns is to Republicans. This is not a hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Let's put it this way: Gun control is nowhere near as important to Democrats as free access to guns is to Republicans. This is not a hill to die on.

So the yellow ones, Arizona, Wisconsin are the swing states. Arizona is a pretty big gun state, probably Wisconsin is too. Maybe Pensyllvania?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    IMG]http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/commentary_images/kondik/kdk2019022801_map2_600/1383813-1-eng-US/kdk2019022801_map2_600.png[/IMG]

So the yellow ones, Arizona, Wisconsin are the swing states. Arizona is a pretty big gun state, probably Wisconsin is too. Maybe Pensyllvania?
    Gun control is a midterm issue, not a Presidential election issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Gun control is a midterm issue, not a Presidential election issue.

Why do you think that?

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Because the gun control debate is a priority of neither side of the political spectrum. It's a stalking horse for Congressional races.

People tend more to care about things that directly impact them like healthcare and the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.