Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wow classic actually realeased the 28th in Europe?

Wish it had been released 12 pm instead. Will be forced to turn night into day for a short period, guessing it will help with the cluster of people leveling in starting zones though.

Sorry if im slow but only realized this now as a EU.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's actually starting the 27th in EU; launch start here in US Pacific Time is Monday 8/26 at 3:00 PM.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    It's actually starting the 27th in EU; launch start here in US Pacific Time is Monday 8/26 at 3:00 PM.
    It's midnight Paris time
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by braus View Post
    Wish it had been released 12 pm instead.
    Every WoW release ever was at midnight (12am) in the EU (paris time), and this makes no exception. But its actually midnight on the 27th, the night from the 26th to the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Every WoW release ever was at midnight (12am) in the EU (paris time), and this makes no exception. But its actually midnight on the 27th, the night from the 26th to the 27th.
    Lol so to make it simple for me. Ill be able to play wow classic 00.01 the 27th and it wont be 00.01 the 28th?

Quote Originally Posted by braus View Post
    Lol so to make it simple for me. Ill be able to play wow classic 00.01 the 27th and it wont be 00.01 the 28th?
    It'll be midnight Paris/server time i.e. 27th August - 00:01

Yep, a little bit earlier - 27th August 11 PM.

Don't stress. The server queue will be huge, servers will probably crash...better to sleep and log in the morning. Ahhh...the good old days of MMOs launches, how I missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia-Cyrus View Post
    Don't stress. The server queue will be huge, servers will probably crash...better to sleep and log in the morning. Ahhh...the good old days of MMOs launches, how I missed them.
    I don't remember any problem in BFA launch, so Blizz servers apparently are finally able to handle a launch. So the only problem might be the fight for mob and item spawns in starter areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    I don't remember any problem in BFA launch, so Blizz servers apparently are finally able to handle a launch. So the only problem might be the fight for mob and item spawns in starter areas.
    But...it won't be a proper Classic release and blast from the past without the server launch drama! See, I am conflicted; I don't know if I want it to go smoothly or badly just for the melancholy.

But...it won't be a proper Classic release and blast from the past without the server launch drama! See, I am conflicted; I don't know if I want it to go smoothly or badly just for the melancholy.
    Most likely there will be queues because I don't think blizz are keen on opening lots of servers for then 1-2 months later they become ghost towns and have to merge servers.
    Thats why they are deploying layering, with each layer being the size of a vanilla server (max 3k concurrent players if i remember correctly), so after the initial rush they can consolidate the layers into 1.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    It's midnight Paris time
    I'm glad EU keep midnight spot for big launches. Imo there is something special hyping up few hours before, playing all night and laughing at people that came unprepared (take 5-6 hour nap before people, it really helps).

Of course Classic won't be exactly like brand new expac (although potential Classic expacs will be lot more like "current" launches), but still it's a taste for something we usually get only once every 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It'll be midnight Paris/server time i.e. 27th August - 00:01

Oh god, I was under the impression it would be available for me on the 27th August at 11pm, but it's the day before!

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Wut?

BFA's launch was pretty awful. Crippling, impossible lag. Random disconnects. Inability to click NPCs or quest interaction spots. Took most of my guild hours to even get into the Heart of Azeroth, never mind get to Zuldazar. Heck, 80% of my guild couldn't even sign in, thanks to some strange issue that required turning on the IPV6 option in the client in order to actually get into the game.

Legion's launch, on the other hand, was excellent.

Given that players will be split across multiple racial starting zones, there is reason to be optimistic that Classic may be more like Legion....but lets not pretend BFA was flawless. It really wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    BFA's launch was pretty awful. Crippling, impossible lag. Random disconnects.
    I suspect you had a laggy computer, the BFA Launch was just fine - the worst problem was a few zones with slightly laggy looting.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I suspect you had a laggy computer, the BFA Launch was just fine - the worst problem was a few zones with slightly laggy looting.
    No, I don't. My computer is a beast.

You must play on a tiny server. The forums were littered with complaints from large servers like US-Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Zuldazar was a pretty horrible lag fest when you got into the wrong shard. Network lag has nothing to do with pc performance. It was all blizzards fault. Legion was smooth, bfa was horrible for many people.

I got hit with this, got stuck in Zuldazar starter quest for 30 min while people in my guild did breeze through without any problems. All random which shard you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Oh god, I was under the impression it would be available for me on the 27th August at 11pm, but it's the day before!
    I get to play it at 7am! It’s my first launch not being on U.K. time, which means I don’t have to bloody sleep deprive myself and stay up all night and day! I can actually sleep and spend the entire day not delirious and sleep deprived playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Zuldazar was a pretty horrible lag fest when you got into the wrong shard. Network lag has nothing to do with pc performance. It was all blizzards fault. Legion was smooth, bfa was horrible for many people.

I got hit with this, got stuck in Zuldazar starter quest for 30 min while people in my guild did breeze through without any problems. All random which shard you get.
    Ion's summary post launch:

- This wasn't the smoothest launch. It wasn't the experience they wanted to deliver or that players deserve.

- In NA, there were a lot of issues with login and account servers.
    By Blizzard's own admission, it wasn't good and fell short.

Lies /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Wut?

BFA's launch was pretty awful. Crippling, impossible lag. Random disconnects. Inability to click NPCs or quest interaction spots. Took most of my guild hours to even get into the Heart of Azeroth, never mind get to Zuldazar. Heck, 80% of my guild couldn't even sign in, thanks to some strange issue that required turning on the IPV6 option in the client in order to actually get into the game.

Legion's launch, on the other hand, was excellent.

Given that players will be split across multiple racial starting zones, there is reason to be optimistic that Classic may be more like Legion....but lets not pretend BFA was flawless. It really wasn't.
    It was great on EU servers actually