Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

When Blizzard Releases The Next Classic Expansion (BC)

I truly think we should have to level from 1-70. We should absolutely not be permitted to continue from 60, or transfer the 60 to the BC server cluster.

Classic/Vanilla should stay Vanilla forever.

BC servers should stay BC forever.

Wrath the same... 1-80, forever.

The rest... Most people don't care.

You got a reason Blizzard shouldn't allow players to choose whether they want to bring their level 60 characters into TBC other than "I don't like it"?

Quote Originally Posted by MAGAForLife View Post
    I truly think we should have to level from 1-70. We should absolutely not be permitted to continue from 60, or transfer the 60 to the BC server cluster.

Classic/Vanilla should stay Vanilla forever.

BC servers should stay BC forever.

Wrath the same... 1-80, forever.

The rest... Most people don't care.
    No. Go play a private BC server if you want to go through the hell of leveling 1-60 again for each new expansion..

I am pretty sure Blizzard will never release Classic versions of expansions. It will be fine for TBC and Wotlk, but can you imagine the negativity around a re-release of Cataclysm, or even MoP? Yeah, it would be pretty bad.

And how exactly would you make sure that all classic realms would have healthy population of players after releasing TBC?

Hopefully they never release TBC since it would piss out 60% of the classic player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play a TBC server but I doubt I'd level from 1-60 again just to access it

They could take a look at the EverQuest model.

Basically just staggered releases of sets of classic servers, they progress over time at their own rate.

Example

--------------------2019------2020------2021------2022------2023------2024
    Server Set A----Classic----Classic-----BC---------BC--------Wrath-----Wrath
    Server Set B-----------------------------Classic----Classic----BC----------BC
    Server Set C-----------------------------------------------------Classic-----Classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Hopefully they never release TBC since it would piss out 60% of the classic player base.
    only because a lot of the classic playerbase are absolute children who need eveything designed exactly for them and no one else

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    I am sure at least 60% of the classic player base actually would love to play TBC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraendil View Post
    I am sure at least 60% of the classic player base actually would love to play TBC again.
    I disagree with you imaginary number and suggest it is, in fact, a totally different imaginary number.

Absolute nonsense. You have server infrastructure completly unused becouse people moved on to play tbc. You cant fragment playerbase like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Absolute nonsense. You have server infrastructure completly unused becouse people moved on to play tbc. You cant fragment playerbase like this.
    If you have the option to play one or the other, I don't see how it really fragments the playerbase. Players who want to play Classic can play Classic. Players who want to play TBC will have the option.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would enjoy playing BC as it was if I'm forced to level again I'll give it a pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you can. Are you against Blizzard releasing other games that WoW subscribers might play? No. Arguably that "fractures" the player base more than anything.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As much as I would enjoy playing BC as it was if I'm forced to level again I'll give it a pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you can. Are you against Blizzard releasing other games that WoW subscribers might play? No. Arguably that "fractures" the player base more than anything.
    Do you realize how much work it would be? You have ro release tbc for every single realm, than you would have to open 1-2 new classic realms and allow people what do not want tbc transfer chars there which would create problems like opening of aq as you have lvl 60 characters coppied into realm with no progression. It is logistic nightmare. You cant just create new realms with tbc classic realms would die. You have to put classic communitt together somehow and forced transfers will just create neggativity.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I disagree with you imaginary number and suggest it is, in fact, a totally different imaginary number.
    I simply related to a number that was produced by another poster. I am certain that it's more likely that 60% of classic players want to experience TBC as well in the future, than the other way around. Why wouldn't we? It's not about erasing classic but recreating the experience to another popular iteration of WoW, that is closely related to Vanilla, sometime in the future.

Do you have any valid argument against this notion, instead of acting childish?

- - - Updated - - -

That is completely unrelated to what I'm talking about, and nothing that seems to scare Blizzard from doing it, as they have already taken a mildly positive stance to TBC servers.

No TBC, No Wrath.

Blizzard should continue to build on Classic and release new raid content around CLASSIC.
    TBC introduces flying an an entirely new zone which kills the interaction within the orginal World.

Blizzard should keep the orginal world going and introduce Hyjal and other areas that are dead space in the current world.

I simply related to a number that was produced by another poster. I am certain that it's more likely that 60% of classic players want to experience TBC as well in the future, than the other way around. Why wouldn't we? It's not about erasing classic but recreating the experience to another popular iteration of WoW, that is closely related to Vanilla, sometime in the future.

Do you have any valid argument against this notion, instead of acting childish?
    I'm only certain of one thing: Nobody knows any numbers and it's pretty silly to throw them around to support any argument either for or against it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm only certain of one thing: Nobody knows any numbers and it's pretty silly to throw them around to support any argument either for or against it.
    If it's already out there, one might just as well comment on it. It's more of a general idea of what players feel, and shouldn't be interpreted as EXACTLY 60%, which would be silly.

If it's already out there, one might just as well comment on it. It's more of a general idea of what players feel, and shouldn't be interpreted as EXACTLY 60%, which would be silly.
    I never said that; I'm actually pro-TBC realms... I'm just anti-make shit up. Sorry for the confusion.