- Slow leveling
    - Hundred Players tagging one mob/vein/flower/whatever
    - Slow Battles
    - Boring as fuck
    - Not enough QoL

Just as expected.
    lul u never even made a toon, u just came into this thread to spew hate

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Huh... I used the same wording as you did and you somehow managed to miss the point.

I meant you dont count m+ as content because your argument doesnt work of you do.

Do you also exclude the only remotely difficult vanilla raid, Naxx, because hardly anyone did it?

- - - Updated - - -

Man I wish people like you werent there to ruin classic community.
    Yes I ruin it by bloating server ques so they can tell everyone how classic isn't for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    just be glad you don't have to read his posts about football, he's entirely delusional
    Poor zelk. Besides no one posts in there anymore so grats you have your non active thread you want so much

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Kind of, but this is not as much of a weakness as you make it seem, because everyone reaches endgame. And once they do, they want endgame content. Except the players who live in the levelling phase and simply start character #2348123 and level him up once they reach max level with their last character. But these are casual players only.

I get that, and it's my #1 criticism of retail actually, that the levelling phase has become too boring, even for casual players. But what you write is still a problem for Classic. Why? Because the levelling phase is pretty much all there is. Once these players are 60, and they WILL hit 60 after some time, there is only the option of farming stuff or doing much easier raids or dungeons than in Retail. And that's it.
    I agree with you that the Classic levelling experience, if you want to call it that, is probably better (if you have the stomach to do this grind). But then? It falls apart.
    Which is why, in 12+ months from now, only the transition to TBC will "save" Classic endgame players from their dilemma. Or they'll return to Retail due to having better endgame.
    Players grow out of the levelling phase, at least the average and good players will. And they will realize, maybe not now, but in a few months, that Classic endgame is pretty much thin air.
    No you dont get it. People who like classic have different taste than people who like retail. Eventhough the two of them are mmo they are very different. As if someone likes racing games and the other one shooting game.
    In classic there is a lot of things to do once you reach max level including enjoying it. In BfA all you do is raid and weekly M+ and once you get good gear you do the same shit but in mythic difficulty or higher M+ (boring as f). In classic, the world is much more dangerous and harder so once you get the best gear you are rewarded by being stronger in the world. You can become much stronger in WPVP and in everything you do. Honestly simply being strong and wrecking havoc in stranglethorn for hours is much more fun than anything you can do in BfA. So it's not a question about "what to do", it's more like the retail system is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    No you dont get it. People who like classic have different taste than people who like retail. Eventhough the two of them are mmo they are very different. As if someone likes racing games and the other one shooting game.
    In classic there is a lot of things to do once you reach max level including enjoying it. In BfA all you do is raid and weekly M+ and once you get good gear you do the same shit but in mythic difficulty or higher M+ (boring as f). In classic, the world is much more dangerous and harder so once you get the best gear you are rewarded by being stronger in the world. You can become much stronger in WPVP and in everything you do. Honestly simply being strong and wrecking havoc in stranglethorn for hours is much more fun than anything you can do in BfA. So it's not a question about "what to do", it's more like the retail system is boring.
    If you get the best gear in retail you are also noticeably stronger in the open world.
    And the fact that Classic players tend to even do things like "wrecking havoc in stranglethorn for hours" is due to the fact that Classic is missing relevant endgame activities, so players resort to different things, which might be fun for a while, but only a while. They don't need to do these sorts of things in retail because they're busy with endgame content, which is actually positive (i.e., more content and stuff to do). Also, with warmode active, you did actually run into groups or players of the opposite faction who camp certain quest or rare areas, so WPvP is actually happening even in Retail. Well, at least before everyone gets flying which obviously makes WPvP happen much less often. But that is approximately 50% or more of the expansion lifecycle, so it's fine.

There are a LOT of great stuffs in Classic that makes me hate BFA even more.

The classes in Vanilla is much more fun compared to retail, atleast those I play.

The ROLEPLAY feeling is there. The crafting, the way the game works, the charm that made WARCRAFT. It is entirely missing in BFA.

The SOCIAL COMMUNITY. I could quest again, I could make new friends, new enemies, much easier than BFA.

The DANGER. In BFA I can just pull 50 mobs together or an elite, it'll just take 10 seconds longer to kill them.

The QUALITY of items. Crafting a blue feels great.

The PROGRESSION. A new talent every level and new skills every 2 levels.

The way you have to FIGHT to be something. You have to get gold, buy, sell, to get what you want, compared to BFA.

Professions feels MUCH more fun and rewarding.

OVERALL, this feels like a massive RPG and BFA feels not. The world is alive, dangerous and there are tons of RPG elements and ways to go. And my class is FUN.

And there are lots, LOTS of negatives, some of them is not even Classics fault but a QOL I am missing.

I really did not like that I could not play with my friend if he was in another server. If there is two changes I wanted in Vanilla personally, it was this and being able to create Alliance and Horde on the same server.

Some of the quest texts confused me. "Go west to a house" there is a house there in the west. I could not find what I needed. Checked Internet. Apparently it is in a house far more west than that. What..

Well you can always guess why I quit the game. Hints: 10 minute corpserun, miss, parry, dodge, miss, eviscerate nope miss, gouge miss dead.

I have not been on the past couple of weeks on either classic or retail because I just have not had the time.

• I work long shifts 4 days a week which takes up most of my day, on my days off I am watching the children and driving them places.
    • We're in the final stretches of getting prepared to go to the Exit 111 Festival in October, this is one of Slayer's final performances and there are going to be a lot of awesome metal and rock bands there.
    • My Wife drove her Father up to Utah for his high school reunion, I have been the only parent at home with 3 small children.
    • I also get "medicated" every night after the kids go to bed, once that kicks in, I am not going to be doing anything productive for the rest of the evening, lol.
    • The new Tool album also came out so I have been busy listening to that. I also got tickets to see them in October, next month is going to be crazy busy.

I'll get back around to playing eventually, right now I just have way too much on my plate.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2019-09-13 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    If you get the best gear in retail you are also noticeably stronger in the open world.
    And the fact that Classic players tend to even do things like "wrecking havoc in stranglethorn for hours" is due to the fact that Classic is missing relevant endgame activities, so players resort to different things, which might be fun for a while, but only a while. They don't need to do these sorts of things in retail because they're busy with endgame content, which is actually positive (i.e., more content and stuff to do). Also, with warmode active, you did actually run into groups or players of the opposite faction who camp certain quest or rare areas, so WPvP is actually happening even in Retail. Well, at least before everyone gets flying which obviously makes WPvP happen much less often. But that is approximately 50% or more of the expansion lifecycle, so it's fine.
    No again you dont get it. You probably enjoy different parts of the game. My only purpose in wow is to get good gear to start WPVP wars and wreck havoc. People like me have no interest in raiding for killing a boss, we want to be strong to wreck people outside. Classic offers me a lot of prey to feed on in STV. PVP instances like ashran and BGs can't satisfy us because idk just not as fun.
    When I start killing everyone in STV, people have 2 choice: either they logout or they bring friends and start a war. In retail they turn warmode off. So ultimately, even if someone doesnt want to PVP, they are literally drafted by force which I love.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    No again you dont get it. You probably enjoy different parts of the game. My only purpose in wow is to get good gear to start WPVP wars and wreck havoc. People like me have no interest in raiding for killing a boss, we want to be strong to wreck people outside. Classic offers me a lot of prey to feed on in STV. PVP instances like ashran and BGs can't satisfy us because idk just not as fun.
    When I start killing everyone in STV, people have 2 choice: either they logout or they bring friends and start a war. In retail they turn warmode off. So ultimately, even if someone doesnt want to PVP, they are literally drafted by force which I love.
    They can also just go somewhere else.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

I have a priest 38 and I just quit. I started in MoP and always stopped playing mid expansion to come back to the next after MoP.

I always hated the leveling part as I am only interested in the end-game and the challenging content. The more I read about Classic, the more it felt that the game wasn't for me. As a mythic raider, the challenging content would come at the end of the tiers with Naxx and AQ40 (apparently). I read too many times that the challenge in Classic raid was to get 40 people whom are not complete noobs.

The leveling in Classic was okay but not enough to keep me motivated. It is a cool game though, it is just not for me.

I started playing BfA again. Even if the endgame stuff (Azerite, WQ, ...) is shit, I'll have fun in Mythic Raids or M+. For the moment, I am continuing the war campaign and working on pathfinder. I am waiting for Blizzcon and the next expansion to see if I will invest more time in the game or if I'll just wait the next expansion.

Good luck in Classic guys.

I just find it to slow and tedious, without it being especially difficult or rewarding.
    I thought I wanted Classic, but I didn`t. All props to those who enjoy the game, different strokes for different folks.
    Looking forward to the conclusion of BFA and the next exp.

If they do at some point introduce BC or even LK - I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Love this mad Classic Fanbois feeling personelly insulted over not liking their new old game.

4) My wife never played Vanilla and was curious to try it. So i played alongside her. However...i stopped after Lvl 6 and told her she has to play alone, because its boring me to hell. She refused btw, because she also feels like its just and old and bad version of the game she loves.
    How pathetic you must be to think that

Tired of constantly having to do quests 3 or 4 levels above me because I've exhausted all the ones my own level due to constantly having to group and getting 20% XP for mob kills...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I lvled to 53 and had take a break of a few days to get some work done and just kinda didn't come back. Just didn't really felt like it anymore.

Also the gatekeeping gets really anoying. There was once a discussion in guild chat because a guy really wanted to play druid but didn't want to heal and some people were adamant that it was better to just raid with 39 than have a non-resto druid in the raid. I mean, you gotta fill a 40 man raid and have people willing to invest enough time into the game to get to lvl 60 and get ready for raiding, just let them join. But I guess its best to leave the guy out just because he didn't like to be a healer.
    Last edited by kattarina; 2019-09-23 at 10:51 AM.

Stopped at lvl 15 and not really planning to go back.

The main reason was "why should I inflict myself so much pain to replay something I've cleared 15 years ago and there are so many new games I want to play" :/
    I was playing with a friend but there was no sense of "community" everyone tried to ninja quest mobs to be quicker than us, I was playing priest so nothing to do besides shield + wand... It was definitely tedious and boring (for me)

Let's face it, leveling in wow (classic OR retail) is boring by today's standards - and I've been playing this game since vanilla beta (and I'm still doing mythic raids in BFA, but I admit nothing is really appealing to me outside raids)

I got to about 42 or so and my sub ran out. I just realized that I didn't have enough drive to pay for another month.

I got sick in the first week of Classic and couldn't play as much as I wanted. Got to level 25 when some were already 50+ and that made me lose a lot of interest. Now I am busy with a personal project and don't really care. Will get to 60 eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Lol and in Retail both the quest design and lack of chatting is even worse.

1 problem > 2
    I dont get people who want to chat for every little quest... I mostly leveled up solo back in 2005... and farmed solo or with a guildmate between raids...
    If I login into a game it's to play not to chat

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    I dont get people who want to chat for every little quest... I mostly leveled up solo back in 2005... and farmed solo or with a guildmate between raids...
    I have to agree with you lol.. I love both Classic and Retail.. but chatting is something I only do when im in a guild and even then its very little unless raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    Why is it one or the other? I'm married with a kid and a job. I played to lvl 12, gonna take a few days off. After that it'll be a few hours every other night or so.

You're NEVER going to be the best. It just won't happen. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Classic is just as much about socializing and doing stupid shit with friends as it is the actual gameplay. It's beautiful and I adore it. I'm not sure if i'll ever touch retail again at this point honestly.

The Quality of Life people keep whining about aren't QoL. It trivializes every achievement. If you have a million mounts, mounts are no longer special. If you can just see where exactly you have to go in a quest, you don't read the quest text and get immersed in the world. QoL feels good and important, but if you pay attention you'll quickly realize that it robs the game of any sense of struggle or challenge.
    For me it's because I already did it. Would never plan to no life it, but then have no plans to do this over again a little bit at a time. Been there done that, have fond memories of it from then, but re-experiencing it doesn't move the needle. I also feel that QoL trivializes nothing. I have never felt that any of my achievements prior to a raid/dungeon nerf, LFG, BG queues, past titles and mounts being easily obtainable, or LFR and easier difficulties in raids. None of that has made me think what I have accomplished is now less or worthless as some may say.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it either. Outside of a handful of quests, paladin mount mostly because it required dungeon runs, Ony attunement quest for similar reasons, and the Nathanos quest in EPL are the big ones that come to mind, I was well soloed my way to 60. As for group chat in dungeons it usually only consisted of finding out what quests people were on and making sure people knew what to CC. I don't recall many socializing in group settings in my experience. That was left for guild chat. Sure there were some playful banter trying to get groups and coming up with the better lines, but seriously, I would have traded that for a competent group finder back then. Would have saved me a lot of days worth of time trying to find groups for dungeon runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Stopped at lvl 15 and not really planning to go back.

The main reason was "why should I inflict myself so much pain to replay something I've cleared 15 years ago and there are so many new games I want to play" :/
    I was playing with a friend but there was no sense of "community" everyone tried to ninja quest mobs to be quicker than us, I was playing priest so nothing to do besides shield + wand... It was definitely tedious and boring (for me)

Let's face it, leveling in wow (classic OR retail) is boring by today's standards - and I've been playing this game since vanilla beta (and I'm still doing mythic raids in BFA, but I admit nothing is really appealing to me outside raids)
    It was pretty boring in 2004 too. It was just new.

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    I lvled to 53 and had take a break of a few days to get some work done and just kinda didn't come back. Just didn't really felt like it anymore.

Also the gatekeeping gets really anoying. There was once a discussion in guild chat because a guy really wanted to play druid but didn't want to heal and some people were adamant that it was better to just raid with 39 than have a non-resto druid in the raid. I mean, you gotta fill a 40 man raid and have people willing to invest enough time into the game to get to lvl 60 and get ready for raiding, just let them join. But I guess its best to leave the guy out just because he didn't like to be a healer.
    i am also leveling a druid and will play feral so if a guild will make me respec healer just to get invited to raids i say f... them and look for another that accepts me, if no one accepts me as feral in raids i will not be doing any raiding and that's it