Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think an important distinction is I was standing somewhere that did not require significant exploitation to get to, you literally just got up one of the ledges and hopped onto the spike, and I was well within range of hunters that wanted to drop a flare up there and shoot me. I would hope it'd only be an exploit if you were something like halfway inside a wall attacking people through it.
    In my years of exploration, I haven't gotten into contact with blizzard except once and that was when I had to make a ticket to remove a spectral gryphon I was stuck flying in cata prepatch

Granted I never pvp from the places I climb onto.

Does getting on the stables roof in AB count as terrain exploiting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I hear many stating "well just fix it" but then we have the #nochanges.
    I'm #noChanges but at this point blizz has already shown they gonna make muhfukin changes
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Does getting on the stables roof in AB count as terrain exploiting?

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good question, is it terrain exploitation when a guard cannot get to you in a city, or even when a player cannot reach you?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was doing this shit every single day for months in wotlk.

if this is bannable in classic, then classic is NOT classic.
    You're confusing the names Vanilla and Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Overly clever griefers
    Look at me I'm not exploiting I'm not touching anything it's just range it's just terrain see look I didn't read anything about this in the TOS why can't the players I keep ganking come get me nyah nyah nyah
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Buh-bye
    /10characters

Should be banned obviosly as it's not fair to all the melee who can't do that.

Stuff like jumping over the gates in arati basin should also be banned If that bugg ever makes it into classic.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I hope the #Nochanges People make sure Blizzard doesn't ban people for this, since this is literally something that happened right throughout Vanilla without a Ban.
    It was bannable in vanilla, as long as your 1-6h ticket actually went through and the guy abusing it was still there
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I had someone do this to me in winterspring using the corner of the room of the bank to cast spells, but I don't see why it's bannable. It's no different than a level 60 spawn camping you; It's a dick move but you can deal with it by going to the spot yourself or getting a high level friend.

Maybe i'm wrong and it's worse than what I had to deal with in winterspring in other places though?
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2019-09-24 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i remember a nixxiom video where he told a story about how he was killing shit in darkshire from one of the roofs. gm threatens to ban him, but once he points out that anyone could get up there and kill him, he lets it go because he didn't have to exploit to get there.

it's NOT an exploit to get on roofs, it's not even "clever use of game mechanics", it's just getting up on a roof and some dumbass getting asshurt over being too much of a shitter to get up there to get you.
    Sitting in darkshire on a roof where guardscan reach you and one-shotting players is one thing, sitting in BB and shooting players from where guards can't reach you is bannable.

Read damn posts that you quote, avoiding guards - bannable, lobbing fireballs from a cliff and a paladin who can't reach you is not.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

If you have to exploit to get on a roof = warning and ban

if you can easily access the roof, stop the QQ and stop being bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I am not at all sure that OP is referring to terrain exploitation.

There are literally several places you can stand in BB that are outside of the Bruisers aggro field.
    Yeah, one thing is being out of aggro range, but being in unreachable by guards place, so they just stare at you angrily then evade while you shoot everyone is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I had someone do this to me in winterspring using the corner of the room of the bank to cast spells, but I don't see why it's bannable. It's no different than a level 60 spawn camping you; It's a dick move but you can deal with it by going to the spot yourself or getting a high level friend.

Maybe i'm wrong and it's worse than what I had to deal with in winterspring in other places though?
    I think the problem is how guards work there.
    If you fight back, the guards attack you.

And "fighting back" is a rather loose term here, i just had it happen in Gadgetzan, a Mage lobbed Fireballs at me, i dropped Grounding totem (which does literally nothing but soak the next fireball) => Guards attacked me.

If i could just attack the mage, i wouldn't see the problem, but the problem is, if you do anything that the game would consider taking action in a PvP combat, the guards will attack you (because they obviously cannot attack the mage on the roof).
    Might even work off effects like Lightning shield, which would be utterly stupid.

So, i'm not just getting ganked, i'm getting ganked and a repair bill on top of that.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-09-24 at 05:04 PM.

There’s a spot around the flyer in ratchet where you can kill lowbies without aggroing guards. You don’t have to do any special bells and whistles, just stay out of the aggro radius.

Would that still be exploiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    There’s a spot around the flyer in ratchet where you can kill lowbies without aggroing guards. You don’t have to do any special bells and whistles, just stay out of the aggro radius.

Would that still be exploiting?
    If you're just out of range, that's not much of an exploit.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Its banable in classic wow now . So dont do this .

it's a load of shit that this is bannable. that kind of stuff wasn't bannable at all in live, at any point in the game's history.

the only way you could get banned for it was if you were obviously somewhere that it was NOT physically possible to get to without some kind of fly hack.
    Yeah you'll only get in trouble if you're in some spot where you either have to hack or do some very precise jumps.

Terrain exploitation was always something you could get banned for in WoW.

mindcontrolling off boats forever

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah you'll only get in trouble if you're in some spot where you either have to hack or do some very precise jumps.

Terrain exploitation was always something you could get banned for in WoW.
    https://static.icy-veins.com/forum-f...48dc25f02e.png

This sounds like going anywhere where the guards don't come to get you is off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    https://static.icy-veins.com/forum-f...48dc25f02e.png

This sounds like going anywhere where the guards don't come to get you is off limits.
    He was pretty vague actually (on purpose). What he's really saying is don't get on top of houses like Gadgetzan (which require some precise jumping) and gank people from there: the guards can't reach you even though they're a few meters away (basically you're unreachable because of a technical issue = exploit) and it's extremely difficult for other players to get there. It's not banable if you're just on a normal path in a town where just no guard happens to be or if you're in the outskirts of a town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I hope the #Nochanges People make sure Blizzard doesn't ban people for this, since this is literally something that happened right throughout Vanilla without a Ban.
    Naw, I'm fine with banning them.

A load of bullshit when people find a way up on the roofs of certain buildings just to gank and grief.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..